.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

ET Waypoint tool
Old
  (#1)
lordbeaver

Question ET Waypoint tool - 23-05-2006

Hi folks, I have a question about using the et waypoint tool. I played with it for a few days now and still couldn't get a hang of it. please see my nav files attached below. when I load it up with the waypoint tool, I tried to change most (or i should say all) of the actions' goal from -1 to 0 because I want to enable them at the start of the map. then after validate, I click on save waypoints. It was then saved as "island2.nav_5_22_2006_20_1_54". now when I load the newly saved file back again with the waypoint tool, all the action goals that I changed to 0 earlier, went back to -1 again! so its like it was not saved. how come? please help me. thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip island2.nav_5_22_2006_20_1_54.zip (5.4 KB, 367 views)

Last edited by lordbeaver; 23-05-2006 at 05:19.. Reason: forgot to attach file

Re: ET Waypoint tool
Old
  (#2)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: ET Waypoint tool - 23-05-2006

it saves the newly written nav as <mapname>.nav and it also makes a backup copy of the old nav and puts a timestamp on it.

so, the nav file you posted is the backup copy of the old nav. Look for an island2.nav file after you save.

Old
  (#3)
lordbeaver

Hi Crapshoot, thanks for your advice. I was really loading a timestamped nav file which I thought was the new one but in fact was the old file. lol..now i got the nav file updated but the axis bots complains to have no goals after the radio room door is constructed. I was trying to toggle on the defend/camp actions after door is built. it seems like the map actions does not respond to the keywords in the aiscript. could u pls take a look at my aiscript and nav and see whats wrong? I hate to bother u with so many questions but I need your expertise. thanks a lot!
Attached Files
File Type: zip island2.zip (7.1 KB, 327 views)

Old
  (#4)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

the script seems to be working for me.

build the gate and test it by using /g_action_info on some of those actions you are turning on when it's built.

ex. /g_action_info 26 after the gate is built

look in the console and it will give the current goal num and the original goal num. In this case, the original was -1 and after it's built it's 1 (construct majors increase the goal tracker).

Check your pathing. I'm seeing alot of connections that are going through walls. It's best to walk through the map before you add any actions and look at the pathing. Follow the pathing like a bot would and fix any bad connections. An example is node 85 by the docs.

Also, if you put all those actions you want to toggle on in one group, you can turn them all on with one command rather that one for each action:

if_construct_built_true 9
activateAction_Group 1 (or whatever group num you put them in)

Old
  (#5)
lordbeaver

Default Re: ET Waypoint tool - 24-05-2006

thanks, yea the AI goal_num goes to 1 when the gate is built. however, when I type /g_action_info 26 or any actions supposed to be activated upon built of gate, i got original goal num -1 and current goal num also -1. it seems like the script is a nonfactor in controlling the map. maybe I missed something?

Old
  (#6)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

it worked for me... maybe it's not in the right folder? if you extract that pk3 file you attached to the fritzbot folder, it should work if you start the game with sv_pure 0. Of course if you have edited since then, make a backup copy any of the files you edited.

the directory structure is the same as you have in the pk3 file; so the aiscript goes in ~/Fritzbot/bots/scripts

Old
  (#7)
lordbeaver

yea i tried to type sv_pure 0 and put the pk3 file in my fritzbot folder. strange thing is that when the map is started and I pull down the console window, I found the following in the game console:" Error (line 15) expected a valid keyword, found 0. read the manual for valid keywords.." this is after it reads the aiscript. so I went back and checked my aiscript and found "action 0" in line 15. then I tried to open the rommel_final aiscript file to compare and saw "action 1" in its line 15 (which is the first scripted action). so I thought maybe the first script action cannot be 0 ? also I noticed when I loaded the rommel_final map, it says in the console that "AI script is read and loaded!!" and no errors but with my script it doesnt say that in the console.

Old
  (#8)
the bindlestiff

May I jump in here?

Your script gave me the same error UNTIL I fixed the curly brackets. Is seems that they don't like other statements on the same line!

So change from THIS:
action 0
{if_obj_home_true 0
activateAction 23

TO THIS:
action 0
{
if_obj_home_true 0
activateAction 23

Old
  (#9)
lordbeaver

Default Re: ET Waypoint tool - 25-05-2006

thank you bindlestiff. it's interesting to find out this secret. I'm gonna try it later tonight. thanks!!

Old
  (#10)
lordbeaver

Default Re: ET Waypoint tool - 25-05-2006

just tested it worked. thanks a bunch guys!