.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding
Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding Where the official development happens

Improvements?
Old
  (#1)
Ree

Default Improvements? - 24-04-2006

I have noticed the beta version of podbot mm in the filebase.

What has been improved since r2b46d? I see there are new vars in the cfg... but that's pretty much all I know about the beta.

Re: Improvements?
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Improvements? - 24-04-2006

Well - there was only few changes...

+ Changed: all settings in podbot.cfg are cvars since now.
+ Changed: addbot is replace by add command (the syntax is the same)
+ Added: access to podbot menu when the game is created on a dedicated server.
+ Changed: Bots detect friend/enemy according to the TeamInfo messages instead checking the model (it should work correctly with such mods as SuperHero, ChickenMod etc). Thanks to T(+)rget (AMX), Bailopan (AMX MOD X) and THE_STORM.
+ Added: support for compatibility with weapon restriction management done by fan mods (as AMX , AMX X, AdminMod, ClanMod) - if weapon is restricted for human-players - bots will not buy that item , too
+ FIXED: bug in auto add / kick bot function (when there were some players on the server before adding bots - first bot got kicked instantly after adding it).
+ FIXED: Bots are spawned with cleared correctly every data (before they were cleared only at round start, but to support CSDM they have to be cleared at every respawn).
+ FIXED: Now bots don't throw nades in jason mode.
+ FIXED: Bots don't look at the wall all the time (if last enemy is far away - they forget it much more now - so they don't look at the wall in the last enemy direction.
+ Changed: Bots look around more often now.
+ FIXED: Bots don't spray anymore since spraying is disabled.
+ FIXED: Bots unzoom (while using weapon with zoom) if they don't look far away or they look at the wall near of them.
+ Changed: Bots should jump a bit less if they "think" they stuck.
+ FIXED: Bots should hear everything around good again.
+ FIXED: Crash with server commands (thanks to KRoT@L - AMX).
+ Changed: the work of add bot and kick bot menu (after adding one or kicking one You can still continue adding / kicking bots without necessity to re-open the main podbot menu).
+ Changed: After blinding bots don't shoot everytime at last enemy position (it's randomized now).
+ Changed: the usage of nades by bots - bots are trying to throw flashbangs into corridors; whole nades should be thrown more precise now (thanks to Whistler and Aspirin for idea).
+ Changed: Recoil is managed the same way as in YapB (thanks to Whistler).
+ Changed: Better team playing (they use "follow me" function and they follow all condition included in path they walk (according to flags in waypoints they pass - for example jumps).
+ Changed: Bots don't buy primary weapons on aim_xxx, awp_xxx maps.
+ Changed: the skills of bots are now much different - there is realy apparent difference between bot with skill (100) and bot (80).
+ Changed a bit the usage of statistic/experience (to better usage by A* function).
+ FIXED: bots don't reply on chats.
+ Fixed crash on de_chateau (related to breakables)
+ NEW cvar "pb_version" will return the current version of pb mm
+ Bots are a bit harder..
+ Changed KickBot Menu
+ Fixed jason mode
+ All config commands need everywhere the prefix "pb" (on listenserver, on DS and in podbot cfg).
+ Made the bot's turning more realistic (thanks to Pierre-Marie Baty and Aspirin for botaim and botaim2 plugins)
+ Smarter Button flag/Door Button code
+ Improved bots shooting breakables (again).

Re: Improvements?
Old
  (#3)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Default Re: Improvements? - 24-04-2006

I like the new addbot feature, but the skill and name and stuff after that is kind of confusing, that was the part I hated about foxbot. It always take me forever to write in all the linear codings names and memorizing where things go.

Also the bots are alot better while using the beta version. Its more human like, but I do think my personal space Idea is a good one.

Thanks for making PBot the best