.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

mp_motel (map and waypoints) complete!
Old
  (#1)
SA_RTCW

Default mp_motel (map and waypoints) complete! - 06-03-2006

Hopefully this is the last revision/release for mp_motel. I made some changes to the map itself to help the bots reach certain places, plus I adjusted some node and action locations based on some feedback I got from CrapShoot (thanks!).

I'm adding the package as an attachment to this post (330kb). The zip file should contain the map .pk3 file and a folder with the waypoint files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mp_motel.zip (329.8 KB, 348 views)

Re: mp_motel (map and waypoints) complete!
Old
  (#2)
Maleficus

Default Re: mp_motel (map and waypoints) complete! - 07-03-2006

Nice - the map is fun to play! I only wish there were more map authors we could get to make their maps bot friendly. The bots got around fine in the playtesting I did.

Only problem: there is no mp_motel_bots.cfg file in your release, so that bots aren't added automatically. Other than that, a great release.

Cheers!

Dum Spiro Spero

Re: mp_motel (map and waypoints) complete!
Old
  (#3)
SA_RTCW

Default Re: mp_motel (map and waypoints) complete! - 07-03-2006

Thanks, it was a map a made a while ago and I really didn't have bots in mind. As a matter of fact, most RTCW maps aren't bot-friendly because we would never have imagined bot support then.

I thought about adding the config file to automatically add bots, but I decided to leave it up to the server admin/player. When I first made the map, I thought it would be great for medium sized servers ( 5 vs 5 ?) but after playing it with a smaller number of bots, it seems that with 10 players at one time, you would not live very long. In any case, it's much easier to randomly add as many bots as needed, than to remove them.

With the completion of this map/waypoints, I'm starting to work on waypoints for mp_science.