.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Forge of Digital Worlds > Waypointing > POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format
POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format Waypoints for POD-Bot mm

Waypoints. My Official Waypoints
Old
  (#1)
Fossil_484

Default Waypoints. My Official Waypoints - 24-08-2004

I have spent some time perfect these waypoints. I do have the waypoints for wallmart included. I will be adding more to the list as time goes on. Also if you know of a really cool map that should get waypoints soon please post them, but please keep your list short.

http://games.calicovial.no-ip.com/waypoints/

Also I would like to get together with some other people to make a waypoint database that way everyone can check to see if a map has been waypointed or know, also have subsections for various bots. Its just an Idea. let me know what ya think

These waypoints are for PM's PODbot 2.6mm.

Last edited by Fossil_484; 25-08-2004 at 02:06..

Re: Waypoints. My Official Waypoints
Old
  (#2)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: Waypoints. My Official Waypoints - 24-08-2004

Umm... what bot(s) are your waypoints for? pwf could be either PB 2.5 / E[POD]Bot / IvPBot or PB 2.6mm.

This idea of a waypoint database is nice, and in fact, I've already talked to some ppl about making such a database right here on BU. But it didn't have priority then, and maybe it's not the worst idea to start putting up such a database somewhere, and if it proves to be usable and good, it can always be added to BU later.
Are you thinking about a WP database for all, or let's say all the "major" bots? In a way that I could check for, say, de_celtic and see that there are waypoints for JoeBot and PB 2.5 available, but not for PB 2.6mm or the official CS-Bot?
One more point that inevitably came up in the discussion about such a database was a kind of quality check, a rating systemor at least a possibility to have users and/or WP creators comment on the waypoints. If there happen to be several waypoints for one map, this would enable users to choose the WP they like best. For example, one waypointer might have waypointed all areas of a map, at the expense of an occasional bot falling to death or acting stupid, whereas another waypointer may have edited flawlessly functional waypoints at the expense of losing some areas for bots, which would make the bots' behaviour easier predictable.
Anyway, I would be glad to contribute all WPs I made to such a database (if whoever runs the DB wants my stuff, that is).
Based on the experience I got after waypointing more than 150 maps, I could also review waypoints at least for pod-bots. You can ask Huntakillaz and biohazerd, they know how I check waypoint files...

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#3)
Fossil_484

Default Re: Waypoints. My Official Waypoints - 25-08-2004

Posted Waypoints are for PM's PODbot 2.6mm. The database could have all bots but separate the polular ones if need be. We could start out with the popularbots then add the others to it. I agree with the rating system. Good idea about the option to have multiple waypoints to choose for a map. I like the idea about the search feature. See if you can get the other guys you mentioned together to get something going.

Last edited by Fossil_484; 25-08-2004 at 02:03..

Old
  (#4)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Haha, that's exactly the problem. I have neither the time nor the technical skills to put up such a database, and Onno (one of the guys who was involved in that discussion, the server admin here at BU) is also too busy. Well, but biohazerd87 also wanted to put up a WP page... maybe he'll be interested?
All I can do is contribute my waypoints & some stupid ideas, plus a few WP reviews once in a while.

Old
  (#5)
sr2004

hello Fossil_484
Look my site Waypoint Podbot 2004
@+

Old
  (#6)
Fossil_484

Every map I've ever seen plus more. I like it.

Old
  (#7)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Yup, he's got loads of stuff on his page - that's good. What's not good is that he just takes Wps from everywhere and uploads them, so it all ends up as one of those waypoint-gambling sites: Will you download a decent WP file, or will it be the shittiest work you've ever seen? There's no telling, and that's why I'm dreaming of a site with some kind of quality check / rating systems. I've stopped downloading WPs altogether because 99,9% of all Wps offered on the net are shitty or -in the best case- mediocre. The only way to make me use a waypoint I didn't make myself is by telling me that one of the 3 or 4 waypointers whom I know to regularly make good stuff is the author...

Old
  (#8)
biohazerd87
Moderator by day Waypointer by night

i have the skills tho..... and i can waypoint............hhhmmmmm

Old
  (#9)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

maybe I can make a script that can do all that stuff...
then again you guys probably don't want me to
you guys probably want me to work on the bot

Old
  (#10)
sr2004

Default Re: Waypoints. My Official Waypoints - 26-08-2004

help not insult works it of the others waypointer international. 9_9 Hummmmmmmm (>BKA< T Wrecks)
as well as my site TCAT FRANCE.
@ + Webmaster : Super RAFALE TCAT FRANCE