.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Re: Max bots no longer working
Old
  (#11)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Max bots no longer working - 30-08-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Powder
Well when I start my server, I have pause set to "20" and it waits 20 seconds to start adding bots. When the map changes, it ignores that pause of 20 and instantly starts adding bots. This is not a problem unless there were that many real players on the server and they are getting kicked because "server is full".
I think You are talking about map change executing by command changelevel - then really this pause is not executed, because bot.dll doesn't know yet the changelevel was executed and then more bots are added instantly. Map before changelevel You had 0 bots and 28 players, map after changelevel You have 8 bots and 24 players - 4 players got kicked out - and this "saved" function in this case really doesn't work good. After reaching timelimit or maxround (I don't know what the system do You use) all should work OK with this "unwanted" by You feature.
But because recognizing the situation "the new map is started right-now" for bot.dll isn't any problem, I don't know exactly why this pause can't be used correctly

@sPlOrYgOn - when You totally remove this function (saving how many bots were at previous map), then all Your effort to prevent situation reported by another server-owner - making bot-server empty after map change - all this Your effort will be losed.

If the people are playing in some system - for example 10 on 10 at some map, and there is 6 players and 4 bots in both teams - after map change they want to play the same system (but only new map and maybe team change by people). But if this feature (saving bots from previous map) will be disabled, every time after map change they will need some admin to kick or add some bots. Now all is automated, so they can play without any admin intervention and the people are used to this (since PB2.0, maybe 1.4x - don't remember exactly). That's why the number of bots-players is "saved" to the next map. This is some PB-only feature. Removing it - it's like taking out something especially from this bot.

The problem is always the same - if something is too difficult to fix, lazy coders prefer rather remove this and forget about the problem, than fix.

I'm agree with Huntkillaz - temporary add rather some variable to "save" or "don't save" number of bots-players from previous map. But adding something to code is more difficult than delete something from it...

Old
  (#12)
Burnt Powder

Default Re: Max bots no longer working - 31-08-2004

I follow you KWo.

fordserver.dynu.com:27015 = [FORD] CS 1.6 :: 24/7 :: Fast DL

fordserver.dynu.com:27016 = [FORD] CS:S GunGame :: Knife Pro :: Fast DL

Website = http://ford.thehax.com

Old
  (#13)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

hmm looks like I didn't read this...
KWo.. if I remove it they'll still join after a map change
your specification for the auto rejoin will work even after a map change and bots will join..

Old
  (#14)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sPlOrYgOn
KWo.. if I remove it they'll still join after a map change
I prefer first try this my-self. Please some beta only for me for test. Then - if all will be OK - we can officialy release it. I'm afraid it will work in different ways after changelevel and after reaching timelimit (or maxrounds).

Quote:
your specification for the auto rejoin will work even after a map change and bots will join..
I didn't suppose it's so solid this specification

The problem can be this part of code saying - "if there isn't any bot at the server and the new map is started and nobody is there, then some bots should be added from podbot.cfg (addbot or fillserver commands)". Seems I really need to take a book to learn how to read C++ code at least...

Don't remove this part of code totally, but comment out only for tests. I think it can be for this moment useless. My specifications keeps number of bots-players on the server, so there shouldn't be that situation, that PMB was trying to prevent. Or maybe I'm wrong once again? Need test this.

Last edited by KWo; 31-08-2004 at 07:31..

Old
  (#15)
Burnt Powder

Default Re: Max bots no longer working - 07-09-2004

No pushing here what so ever (get to it when you get to it) but did anyone get a chance to look into this?

Thx Guys

BP

Last edited by Burnt Powder; 07-09-2004 at 06:08..

Old
  (#16)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: Max bots no longer working - 15-09-2004

Heyyo,

Did you try his latest release? R2.42? it's in the filebase (http://filebase.bots-united.com) under PODbot v2.6mm, cause if not he may have fixed it, n' you just havn't updated yet...

Quote:
okay build 42 is out now.
hopefully fixed the min_bots/max_bots problem..
added new command "welcome_msgs" example "pb welcome_msgs off" to turn welcome messages off..
hopefully fixed problem with breakables and doors..
Well, maybe after a mapchange, it only turns back on the use of minbots/maxbots after like, 2 mins or so... then eveyone should be loaded up, n' the min/max bots shouldn't make anyone get kicked cause of "server is full", or try to load extra bots while the server's loading the "saved" bots.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Last edited by MarD; 15-09-2004 at 18:58..

Old
  (#17)
Burnt Powder

Default Re: Max bots no longer working - 15-09-2004

Yes I was running vR2b42 dll that is dated 8/29/04 when I posted the original message and after these guys replied back stating they know about this issue.

I see that the latest beta version at the link you gave me and also at this link
http://filebase.bots-united.com/pafi...on=file&id=187 is dated 7/26/04 ??? ??? ???

Was the version I am using pulled?

Last edited by Burnt Powder; 15-09-2004 at 23:41..

Old
  (#18)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: Max bots no longer working - 17-09-2004

thats the date I added that file to the file base..
but not the date I edit the file
so you were getting these issues in b42..
I'll see what I can find/do..