.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Forge of Digital Worlds > Waypointing > POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format
POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format Waypoints for POD-Bot mm

Very High Quality Waypoints (Pro Waypoints)?
Old
  (#1)
MusicMan

Default Very High Quality Waypoints (Pro Waypoints)? - 22-03-2004

Hi Everybody. I was just wondering where I could find the above mentioned for PMB's podbot?.

Thanks in advance

MusicMan

Re: Very High Quality Waypoints (Pro Waypoints)?
Old
  (#2)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: Very High Quality Waypoints (Pro Waypoints)? - 22-03-2004

Hi MusicMan!

I'm currently working on a whole high-quality waypoint pack, focusing on custom maps. I'm in the process of checking and debugging them for optimal performance. This is quite a pain in the *ss and takes a lot of time.
I have waypointed roughly 100 maps myself, and I'll finish checking my WPs for cs-maps in the next days, maybe tomorrow already. The de-maps will follow...
Moreover, I have compiled a little "personal map archive" that contains good custom maps together with hq waypoints, either made by me or by others. As soon as I'm done checking and bugfixing, I'm going to post them along with my own waypoints.

If you are interested in a little quality sample, you can take a look into Austin's thread "Need PB 2.5 waypoint for de_karachi". I posted a WP for de_karachi01 there. If you don't have this map yet, d/l it! You won't regret it... The URL is also in the thread. And if you like what you see, just stick around here during the next days and you'll get much more.

If you're absolutely desperate about one or two particular maps, just let me know which ones they are, and I'll make some WPs. Once in a while, it's a nice change to start a WP from scratch instead of fixing & testing.

Good waypoints for the default maps are already in PMB's PODBot release. I've taken a look at them and can assure you that they don't leave much to wish for... or did you notice stupid bot behaviour there? I dunno, haven't played the default maps with bots for a long time...

Old
  (#3)
heavensoul

try google...
The waypoints is same with pod waypoints..

Old
  (#4)
>BKA< T Wrecks

That's true in two ways... first, waypoints indeed are the same as those for the original PB 2.5. Second, you can find lots on the internet.
However, there's a third truth: The quality of those waypoints varies, and if you're looking for top quality, it's a pure lottery. Maybe you're very lucky and get something good in the first attempt, but in many cases you won't get anything really convincing at all. I mean, it's always worth a shot, but it's not the most reliable source. It's the same as with maps: I just d/l'ed one, and did they include all necessary files (sky, sounds, [overview])? No! That's pretty poor, and with waypoints it's no better...

Old
  (#5)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

A few fixes are nevertheless needed for the waypoints that come with the metamod podbot...

- In cs_office (played that yesterday with bots to improve cause I sux0r hard on this map), on the right to the CT spawn point, there is a large door leading to the outside that you open with a switch. Often the bots go outside and climb on the crates to reach the window, and once on the cliff, they want to go right (instead of breaking into the buildings through the window) and follow the ledge to camp on the extremity of the wall. There is a bad waypoint here that makes the bots fall down all the time while navigating the corner of the cliff.
- In the same map there are two ladders you can climb to break into the buildings through a window. I am here talking about the ladder which is the closest to the CT spawn point (the one that almost faces directly the CT spawn points at the other end of the open area). The bots simply can't climb this ladder. They jump on the 2 crates, climb the ladder, and then automatically strafe left and fall down. They lose 8HP each time they fall, and they keep retrying again and again until they die, which makes them look very dumb somehow

- In cs_havana (SoUlFaThEr's waypoints), it is needed to put waypoints everywhere, including in the little rooms near the CT spawn point, else the bots get stuck if they happen to get there during combat.

- In de_inferno, there must be a wrong goal waypoint at the CT spawn point. The bots get there and believe they're on a bomb site, take the bomb in hand and call their teammates to cover them. The C4 bot tries to plant the bomb at the CT spawn point -where there is NO bomb site-, and after some time gives up but since it wanders around with a bomb in hand, it makes it a very easy target.

- in de_dust, the crates near the CT bomb site. These stupid bots don't realize they can only jump there with a KNIFE in hand, so they keep trying over and over again and fail all the time. Very annoying. Idem for the crates on the 2nd bomb site where the bots want to jump from the low wall onto the first series of crate, then from this first series to the other group of crates in front of them.

- in de_piranesi, in one of the rooms of the castle, either there are not waypoints everywhere (same problem as cs_havana then), or there is a wrong link that goes through a wall. I see from time to time bots trying to "enter" a wall. I'm always lost in the interior when navigating this map so I can't really tell where this room actually is

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#6)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Thank you for the detailed info - man, now it shows that I haven't played those default maps in botmatch for ages...
OK, if SoUlFaThEr doesn't mind, I'll have a look at that stuff next, so that in future PB releases a flawless WP set can be included.
However, I'll first finish and post my custom cs & as waypoint pack - should be finished this week.

Old
  (#7)
CoCoNUT

Default Re: Very High Quality Waypoints (Pro Waypoints)? - 23-03-2004

I already fixed piranesi last week, was my fault when I changed the waypoints by X-Tender for CS 1.6 with IvPBot (some waypoints where "invisible"). Now I fixed everything with Podbot 2.5/Metamod, added some new paths and tested and tested and tested again...grab the new new waypoints on my site:

http://coconut.de.tc

For maps, nav-files, waypoints and more visit: http://coconut.de.tc

Last edited by CoCoNUT; 23-03-2004 at 21:12..

Old
  (#8)
SoUlFaThEr

Default Re: Very High Quality Waypoints (Pro Waypoints)? - 24-03-2004

The inferno problem PM mentions is surely an old waypoint that was just fixed.......and a goal waypoint at the CT start was not erased......no other explanation for this.

the Dust CT Target crate-jump thing was something I chose to leave out of my version...for exactly that reason......

from your description of Office.....those arent my waypoints.....the ones being used on Austins bot server run perfectly from all angles.....no bots fall off unless there are too many doing the same thing(and with 29 bots on CT this may happen!).

T-Wrecks.......i am giving you full permission to edit my Official-map waypoints for this new bot that needs a waypoint covered map.

I would do it myself but i am still in the middle of a bunch of personal crap thats not done yet........im playing a bit here and there on Austins bot server cuz i hate cheaters.....but its just not enough time for me to invest on waypoints.

Last edited by SoUlFaThEr; 24-03-2004 at 00:59..

Old
  (#9)
SoUlFaThEr

Directed directly at CoCoNuT :

these maps :
cs_italy_cz, cs_miami, de_aztec_cz, de_dust2_cz, de_fastline, de_stadium,
de_tides, de_truth, de_vostok

are they the new 1.6 versions?.......im dumb and dont have 1.6......

I am interested in finding downloads for these maps.....any ONE spot where all of them are?

Old
  (#10)
Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoUlFaThEr
from your description of Office.....those arent my waypoints.....the ones being used on Austins bot server run perfectly from all angles.....
Well I didn't know office was running your wp either, but man the bots play this map REALLY well... I need to finally sort through all this...
Thanks again!