.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > RealBot > Help request
Help request Need help? Ask around here! (for questions about the source code, go to the RealBot 'Source')

How to install RealBot? Here is a guide!
Old
  (#1)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default How to install RealBot? Here is a guide! - 29-06-2008

Please check out my guide, and resond here if you find it useful!

Check out the guide at http://realbot.bots-united.com/howto

This guide explains how to install RealBot from scratch. It provides a simple install for metamod and the realbot plugin.

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Re: How to install RealBot? Here is a guide!
Old
  (#2)
Krillin

Angry Re: How to install RealBot? Here is a guide! - 30-06-2008

Linux Please?

Thought by downloading the 3068 version the source code would be in there to work with. To our surprise, it wasn't!? You gonna leave us Linux guys out of this or what?

We finally figured out how to compile this in Linux, but now we needed the new code for 3068 so we can run the newest version.

There is what the problem was.
Code:
Makefile's first line reads:
CPP = g++-linux

Needs to read
CPP = g++
In this directory, just run 'make' in a terminal window and the file was created and made the Release directory and moved the .so file into it. Release/realbot_mm_i386.so.

Code:
[gameuser@babby source]$ make
g++ -Dstricmp=strcasecmp -D_strnicmp=strncasecmp -Dstrnicmp=strncasecmp -march=i386 -O2 -w -I"./hlsdk" -I"./hlsdk/common" -I"./hlsdk/dlls" -I"./hlsdk/engine" -I"./hlsdk/pm_shared" -I"./metamod" -c NodeMachine.cpp -o NodeMachine.o
g++ -Dstricmp=strcasecmp -D_strnicmp=strncasecmp -Dstrnicmp=strncasecmp -march=i386 -O2 -w -I"./hlsdk" -I"./hlsdk/common" -I"./hlsdk/dlls" -I"./hlsdk/engine" -I"./hlsdk/pm_shared" -I"./metamod" -c bot.cpp -o bot.o
g++ -Dstricmp=strcasecmp -D_strnicmp=strncasecmp -Dstrnicmp=strncasecmp -march=i386 -O2 -w -I"./hlsdk" -I"./hlsdk/common" -I"./hlsdk/dlls" -I"./hlsdk/engine" -I"./hlsdk/pm_shared" -I"./metamod" -c bot_buycode.cpp -o bot_buycode.o
g++ -Dstricmp=strcasecmp -D_strnicmp=strncasecmp -Dstrnicmp=strncasecmp -march=i386 -O2 -w -I"./hlsdk" -I"./hlsdk/common" -I"./hlsdk/dlls" -I"./hlsdk/engine" -I"./hlsdk/pm_shared" -I"./metamod" -c bot_client.cpp -o bot_client.o
g++ -Dstricmp=strcasecmp -D_strnicmp=strncasecmp -Dstrnicmp=strncasecmp -march=i386 -O2 -w -I"./hlsdk" -I"./hlsdk/common" -I"./hlsdk/dlls" -I"./hlsdk/engine" -I"./hlsdk/pm_shared" -I"./metamod" -c bot_func.cpp -o bot_func.o
g++ -Dstricmp=strcasecmp -D_strnicmp=strncasecmp -Dstrnicmp=strncasecmp -march=i386 -O2 -w -I"./hlsdk" -I"./hlsdk/common" -I"./hlsdk/dlls" -I"./hlsdk/engine" -I"./hlsdk/pm_shared" -I"./metamod" -c bot_navigate.cpp -o bot_navigate.o
g++ -Dstricmp=strcasecmp -D_strnicmp=strncasecmp -Dstrnicmp=strncasecmp -march=i386 -O2 -w -I"./hlsdk" -I"./hlsdk/common" -I"./hlsdk/dlls" -I"./hlsdk/engine" -I"./hlsdk/pm_shared" -I"./metamod" -c build.cpp -o build.o
g++ -Dstricmp=strcasecmp -D_strnicmp=strncasecmp -Dstrnicmp=strncasecmp -march=i386 -O2 -w -I"./hlsdk" -I"./hlsdk/common" -I"./hlsdk/dlls" -I"./hlsdk/engine" -I"./hlsdk/pm_shared" -I"./metamod" -c dll.cpp -o dll.o
g++ -Dstricmp=strcasecmp -D_strnicmp=strncasecmp -Dstrnicmp=strncasecmp -march=i386 -O2 -w -I"./hlsdk" -I"./hlsdk/common" -I"./hlsdk/dlls" -I"./hlsdk/engine" -I"./hlsdk/pm_shared" -I"./metamod" -c engine.cpp -o engine.o
g++ -Dstricmp=strcasecmp -D_strnicmp=strncasecmp -Dstrnicmp=strncasecmp -march=i386 -O2 -w -I"./hlsdk" -I"./hlsdk/common" -I"./hlsdk/dlls" -I"./hlsdk/engine" -I"./hlsdk/pm_shared" -I"./metamod" -c game.cpp -o game.o
g++ -Dstricmp=strcasecmp -D_strnicmp=strncasecmp -Dstrnicmp=strncasecmp -march=i386 -O2 -w -I"./hlsdk" -I"./hlsdk/common" -I"./hlsdk/dlls" -I"./hlsdk/engine" -I"./hlsdk/pm_shared" -I"./metamod" -c util.cpp -o util.o
g++ -Dstricmp=strcasecmp -D_strnicmp=strncasecmp -Dstrnicmp=strncasecmp -march=i386 -O2 -w -I"./hlsdk" -I"./hlsdk/common" -I"./hlsdk/dlls" -I"./hlsdk/engine" -I"./hlsdk/pm_shared" -I"./metamod" -c ChatEngine.cpp -o ChatEngine.o
g++ -Dstricmp=strcasecmp -D_strnicmp=strncasecmp -Dstrnicmp=strncasecmp -march=i386 -O2 -w -I"./hlsdk" -I"./hlsdk/common" -I"./hlsdk/dlls" -I"./hlsdk/engine" -I"./hlsdk/pm_shared" -I"./metamod" -c IniParser.cpp -o IniParser.o
g++ -fPIC -shared -o realbot_mm_i386.so NodeMachine.o bot.o bot_buycode.o bot_client.o bot_func.o bot_navigate.o build.o dll.o engine.o game.o util.o ChatEngine.o IniParser.o -ldl
mkdir -p Release
mv *.so Release
Now if we only had the new source code for 3068, we could rock and roll! Thus far 80 MB of learned files on 60 maps.

Thanks,
Krillin

Serving Players Since 1997

www.KRILLINSWORLD.com

Last edited by Krillin; 30-06-2008 at 02:03.. Reason: Request code for compiling for Linux

Old
  (#3)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: How to install RealBot? Here is a guide! - 30-06-2008

Ah linux.

The problem with that is that i do not use Linux, so i can't write a 'fool proof' guide for it.

If you can write some for that, i could add that to the guide.

Be sure you take the source of realbot from google code (you can grab the latest source there, always).

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#4)
Krillin

Question Re: How to install RealBot? Here is a guide! - 01-07-2008

I would be honored to contribute in any way that I can to help make a Linux Server Install Guide. I had one, but I wrote it on the wrong computer and it ended up geting deleted from a format. ( A testing Server of various Linux Distros).

I had to go by trial and error to figure out how to install it and when I did, I made note of what was required . In fact, I posted them here, but I am learning more about what the commands in 'realbot' really do and how they effect the overall functions of their behavior.

What I noted is found here in the 'Realbot 1.6 Installation Instructions (LINUX). Found here: http://forums.bots-united.com/showpo...8&postcount=16.

I will try to find your souce code for the new version 3068. However, where can I send it to get it posted? Or will you just include it in your download package so Linux Server Admins can just 'unpack', plug-in and go? It is not as easy as it sounds, I hope this current. I miss the 'souce' files being in the .zip download. http://csrealbot.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ The repository did not have them http://code.google.com/p/csrealbot/downloads/list here. How ironic this is not the current build. Not a word to be found here either: http://filebase.bots-united.com/inde...=category&id=1 I can't find it, and I can not waste anymore time hunting it down. Strike-1, Strike-2, Strike-3. Maybe someday it will appear. lol

The current build.cpp shows at google code is:
Code:
// 14/11/04
// Updated Build nr; it compiles in MSVC again, and should compile in Linux... i did not
// change that much.
// 14/11/04 - end

// 05/07/04
// Build has moved away from dll.cpp for easier versioning
// 07/07/04 - Comment changed, it was moved from dll.cpp, not bot.cpp ;) (nitpicking) :D

// BUILD NR & Version
char *rb_build_nr = "3063";
What gives? Where did you stash the code guy?

Thanks,
Krillin

www.KRILLINSWORLD.com

Last edited by Krillin; 01-07-2008 at 13:12.. Reason: Located source link and added a direct link

Old
  (#5)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: How to install RealBot? Here is a guide! - 01-07-2008

If you can send me a guide in plain html (like i did with my own guide) i am more then happy.

Btw, the source was not updated yet, i did not check it into the repository yet. I just did check it in, so you can grab the latest. But, beware, i am stuffing it with debug statements and whatnot, so be sure you have realbot print disabled...

ow, also, the version i checked in has dontshoot on false on default... sorry, but i am developing this thing now.

It would not matter for your guide though, and if you are a bit patient, i will commit a new revision today again if i get time.

btw, if you subscribe to the svn repository you will get e-mails whenever i check it in (i think).

Old
  (#6)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: How to install RealBot? Here is a guide! - 01-07-2008

btw, not every build is a release ;-) so don't bother checking the filebase unless i 'officialy' release it.

Old
  (#7)
Krillin

Cool Re: How to install RealBot? Here is a guide! - 02-07-2008

Makes sense to me. I will see if i can find the install.txt I wrote notes in and get the text into an html format and get it to you for Linux Server Installs.

I want to hold off untill you come out with an official release before looking for the source download again. But I have noticed since I reinstalled our Mandriva 2008.0 Linux build and applied 1.1GB of updates, Realbot has been crashing the server 4-5 times in a 24 hour cycle. Which is odd because the last build before I tried to switch Linux Distros, Realbot ran on our server for almost 2 days nonstop! With our July 4th (Independence Day) holiday approaching things are going to get busy until next week.

All we are saying is, Take your time, do it right and make it stable.

Krillin

Untill it is made official, you may want to take a look here to see the Linux Documentation work in progress. lol
Real Bot Linux

www.KRILLINSWORLD.com

Last edited by Krillin; 02-07-2008 at 02:34.. Reason: Linux Documetation Mainly built and linked.

Old
  (#8)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: How to install RealBot? Here is a guide! - 02-07-2008

Thanks a lot.

I have made some big improvements last night , you can read the news at my site as well about them (although it mentions just one thing).

If you experience crashes, do you have any stacktrace or some sort of debugging information for me to work with? I might track down the bugs that way and get it more stable.

Old
  (#9)
Krillin

Post Re: How to install RealBot? Here is a guide! - 18-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanhendriks View Post
Thanks a lot.

I have made some big improvements last night , you can read the news at my site as well about them (although it mentions just one thing).

If you experience crashes, do you have any stacktrace or some sort of debugging information for me to work with? I might track down the bugs that way and get it more stable.
Mandriva 2008.0 has its own. They appear to be memory leaks. As they reference to 'memory can't be read at (hex address)". With keeping this info in a text file, the reports are always consistant. There are three of these logged in the console. The first and last ones are always the same. But the hex address in the middle is always different. I do not have acces to them now I am not on my linux box. Only thing produced is the core.#### (PID 4 digit Number) file and Mandriva doesn't know how to interpet the data file. Unless you have a way to read the dump core.#### file.

I regret to report we removed the bot program due to the crashes making the server instable. Server would crash so much players stopped coming back in the server even though Linux has a built-in auto restart. But 12 times a day is too much for players to tolerate I guess. Since removing the bots in 8 days some 1450 + players have enjoied our server. I am almost pleased.

I will e-mail the crash test file I made with the error messages if you like.

Krillin

www.KRILLINSWORLD.com

Old
  (#10)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: How to install RealBot? Here is a guide! - 20-07-2008

Hi,

Crashes are bad and need to be fixed. But, in order to test it it would require some testing environment (ie, perhaps you have another server where you also have players joining, but where it is less important when the server crashes?).

Any crash report is welcome.