.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Serious Waypointing Issues
Old
  (#1)
Tiger

Default Serious Waypointing Issues - 13-05-2007

Hi guys. I have a serious problem with waypointing right now. I have 117 actions in all that I want to place. Eighty of those actions are roam/patrol actions. When I get to 94(47 more than the 47 that are not actions, hence twice the number of actual action nodes), my PC crashes out and I get a disconnected server message for Allied bots joining my team and a Windows error message for Axis bots joining the Axis team. I assumed this had to do with some integrity rule where you couldn't place more roam/patrol actions than the amount of nodes that were not roam actions, say you could place up to ten roam actions out of 20 total actions but not 11, etc. Initially, as I added more actions of other types, this worked. But then I tested this out some more and started getting server disconnected messages only when Allied bots joined the game. Can anyone here help me out here? This has been plaguing me for quite some time now. I am still trying to wrap up the last stages of this map(mp_base). I would really appreciate any help anyone could give, as I am a bit put off on working on other maps if I think this might be a problem I will encounter soon again if I don't resolve it now. Thanks in advance.

Re: Serious Waypointing Issues
Old
  (#2)
Tiger

Default Re: Serious Waypointing Issues - 13-05-2007

Correction: 117 actions, 70 of which are roam actions, 47 of which are not.

Old
  (#3)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Can't speak to your case as I never do that many roams or even alt-roams in ET asaik. But there could be a limit to the number of roams that Fritzbot (RTCW) can support before perhaps a memory leak or slowdown/freeze. I would back track by turning 10 of the roams to aim actions (jot down the IDs as you do this), then re-test. Repeat as needed till the game is stable. Then review the last 10 roam actions. How many other actions share the same close-node? Are the close-nodes flagged for anything (leap, jump etc)? Then try restoring 10 roams whose close nodes are unique and normal flagged. Is the Game still stable? If nothing other than the number of roams is indicated from testing, consider redesigning the waypoints for fewer roams maybe by less cross connections between nodes paths and abandoning little or difficult to use areas. Also learn to log or condump the console. There might be a warning or error message you should be paying attention to.

Sorry I can't be more help than shots in the dark.

Old
  (#4)
Tiger

I just experimented with combining a lot of the roam action nodes and even with the reduced nodes it still happened. I wonder if Maleficus would be able to shed some light on this issue for me.