.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Waypoints ID
Old
  (#1)
vlvttch

Default Waypoints ID - 04-04-2006

Is there anyway that when new waypoints are posted on this forum topic they can be identified for RTCW or ET. As I'm not sure from just looking at them which bot they are for. Thanks

Re: Waypoints ID
Old
  (#2)
Valiant

Default Re: Waypoints ID - 04-04-2006

I can't offer you an official response, but I can tell you that so far all of the waypoint threads that I know of that are currently active are for the RTCW build of Fritzbot.

That may not be the case for all of them, but since the ET version release was only a short while ago - the features list is not fully decided nor complete, nor is the documentation for ET waypointing 100% definable due to that. This has been said in other threads already of course, though I've seen mention or two of a few taking a crack at new ET waypoints, the ones that have been up for awhile are largely RTCW and at the time of their making - there was no ET release just then, so there was no need to differentiate them.

I'm sure that as a matter of due course, people such as myself who attempt to pitch in for the community's sake will bear that need in mind and begin to label them either ET or RTCW, just please be patient with the fact that it wasn't necessary until just now.

The way is made clear when viewed from above.

Re: Waypoints ID
Old
  (#3)
Maleficus

Default Re: Waypoints ID - 05-04-2006

I'm going to ask the BU admins if they can change the "dev forum" to the ET waypoint forum, and rename this forum the RTCW waypoint forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant
That may not be the case for all of them, but since the ET version release was only a short while ago - the features list is not fully decided nor complete, nor is the documentation for ET waypointing 100% definable due to that.

This is precisely why none of us have taken the time to do documentation: things are still in flux, and new things are being added everyday.

Cheers!

Dum Spiro Spero