.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Waypoints for two more maps completed
Old
  (#1)
the bindlestiff

Default Waypoints for two more maps completed - 25-02-2006

"The Guns of Damarone" waypointing is finished.

The waypoint files ("Island.zip") can be found at
http://filebase.bots-united.com/uploads/Island.zip

and the map can be found at:
http://returntocastlewolfenstein.fil..._Damorone;4500

Note that the download is named "mp_island2.pk3" but the actual map is just "mp_island."

Allied forces must destroy the ammunition dumps of two massive guns, then escape on a large seaplane. To start the aircraft, they must get the keys that are located in the radio tower (who ever heard of keys on a military aircraft?). Anyway, they arrive on a fishing boat, swim to the island and run up a long narrow valley to the gun emplacements. If the Axis forces are alert they can attack the Allies from the edges of the valley, like shooting fish in a barrel. When the survivors of the Allied team reach the gun fortress they must fight their way inside to blow the ammo. Also, they need to capture the underground spawn flag so they can avoid the long punishing route up the valley. It is in the best interest of the Axis team to prevent this. Both ammo dumps must be destroyed before the door to the radio tower will open and the keys become accessible. Watch out for snipers in high places and panzerfausters waiting around the corners. For the human Allied engineer, look for a back way into the ammo stores that avoids the dangerous run up the valley. Be sure take along a pocket-full of grenades.

This map requires that a wooden hatch cover be destroyed to get into the underground spawn area. The bots are unable to handle such barriers and it will be removed in the next Fritzbot patch. In the meantime a human player, Allied or Axis, must do it for them. You can do this in a couple of ways. Either fight your way up to the "Captain's Cabin" (the little cabin with smoke coming out of the chimney) and throw a grenade on the hatch (climb down the ladder and snag the spawn flag while you're at it), OR, pause the bots after the game begins (do it before the Allied bots jump in the water or they might drown), run up to the cabin and blow the hatch, then rejoin your teammates, unpause the bots and start playing. If the hatch isn't blown, you'll have some angry bots jumping up and down on the hatch trying to break it open.

If the date of your Fritzbot patch is later than 1/10/06, you won't need to do this.

--------------------------------------------------------
The control-point version of "Egypt Team Temple" waypointing is also finished.

The waypoint files ("Team Temple.zip") can be found at
http://filebase.bots-united.com/uploads/Team Temple.zip

and the map can be found at:
http://returntocastlewolfenstein.fil...am_Temple;7819

Note that the download is "teamtemple_rtcw.pk3" but the actual filename for the map is "teamtemple_rtcw_cp."

The action in this map takes place in an Egyptian temple complex. Both teams have identical base areas containing two of the control-point flags. The fifth flag is placed in a central courtyard complete with deep pools of water. These pools have underwater connecting tunnels and tunnels that lead into the interior of each base. Most of the fierce fighting takes place in the courtyard over the fifth flag. Expect to do some swimming and be sure that your knife is sharp! If you manage to get into the rear corridors of the enemy base, don't be afraid to investigate those swirling, semi-transparent discs you'll find on the wall. You can get into the enemy base by the front entrance (very dangerous), by the underwater tunnel (which exits right inside the enemy spawn area) or, if you're not afraid of heights, there is a way along high narrow ledges into the rear area of the enemy base, but if you're seen you'll be shot down!

Ten-man teams result in heavy fighting and little chance to get all the flags -- the owner of the central flag usually determines the winner when time runs out. With fewer players, there is a fair chance to get all the flags, paticularly if a human player gets sneaky. I have selected eight-man teams for the map, but don't be reluctant to reduce this if you find that the flighting gets too frustrating. I spend a lot of time in limbo as it is!

ENJOY!!

Re: Waypoints for two more maps completed
Old
  (#2)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: Waypoints for two more maps completed - 25-02-2006

Nice work. I hope you and the fox are saving some energy for ET waypointing too

Old
  (#3)
the bindlestiff

There are a good number of good of RTCW maps out there that still need waypointing. I plan to keep focused on that for awhile before branching out into something new. It takes me some time to change gears!

Old
  (#4)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

I understand if you're scared :p

Old
  (#5)
the bindlestiff

No, I'm just set in my ways! Are there many ladders in ET??

I've been a bit distracted lately. I'm getting ready to build my first computer (with the f0x's help) and have just finished ordering a truck-load of components for it. Outta be a lot of fun! I hope to be able to run maps with 20-30 bots with a decent frame rate when I have my AMD FX-60 up and running!

Last edited by the bindlestiff; 25-02-2006 at 09:44..

Old
  (#6)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

The fx-60 will be more than enough for 30 bots. My 3800+ can handle 30 without problems.

Old
  (#7)
the bindlestiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by the bindlestiff
The waypoint files ("Team Temple.zip") can be found at
http://filebase.bots-united.com/uploads/Team Temple.zip
OOPS! The filename has a space in it, so the link doesn't work. The forum-posting system won't allow me to just edit my original post, so I must do it with a thread reply.

Try this:
http://filebase.bots-united.com/uploads/TeamTemple.zip