.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Some waypointing questions
Old
  (#1)
the bindlestiff

Default Some waypointing questions - 18-02-2006

While waypointing the CP version of Egypt Team Temple (my first CP map), I ran into some limitations that, if removed, could make it a better game. The first is not being able to use routes. The team bases on this map each contain two of the five flags. The bot highest priority seems to be to grab the flags -- they don't seem to pay attention to my roam actions where I've tried to show them a better way to go, or to lead them to take possession of a strategic position.

For example, there is an MG42 nest that can be aimed at the exit from either team's base and could be used to control access to the middle flag -- I have an MG42 camp, a regular camp, and a roam for each team there but I have never seen any bot go there during all the playtesting I've done. What else could I do to entice a bot to go up there?

Another example: each team has a flag in the center of the respawn area and it's the closest one to the entrance. Naturally, an invading bot heads there first and is usually cut down by the enemy as they spawn. It's better to use the underwater tunnels to get into the base, then head for the far flag teleporter first, grab it, and then dash for the center one. That's how I usually win the game. But there is no way to suggest an alternate route to the bots in a CP map. Can the route system be changed to allow CP routes?

Also, in this map, there is a sneaky "back door" route along a narrow ledge into the enemy base. You sometimes get shot off the ledge but often can get by unoticed if you don't stop to shoot at the enemy below (oops - the bots would probably do just that). Anyway, to get on the ledge requires some crouching to get under a railing. Nothing I tried would entice the bots to crouch -- they'd just bump up against the railing and bounce around. Would it be possible to add a "crouch" node flag to tell the bots to crouch from this node to the next node? That would eliminate all the jumping around and would guarantee that they'd get though. Of course, they wouldn't use that path unless it was pointed out to them by a route node first.

Re: Some waypointing questions
Old
  (#2)
renartthefox
thefox

Default Re: Some waypointing questions - 18-02-2006

Quote:
What else could I do to entice a bot to go up there?
Unsure. I stood up there last eve, and flipped off most all of the Axis bots, but to no avail, they just panzerfausted me from a distance.

Except for them all entering the pool area from the same playce, and them not using the MG42, it all seems to work quite well.

-=(thef0x)=-