.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Common Questions
Common Questions Are you seeking help ? Get it here !

danger_factor - what is this exactly?
Old
  (#1)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default danger_factor - what is this exactly? - 16-05-2004

In the podbot.cfg file I can see some description about dange_factor parameter:

# The setting below specifies the danger factor with which the bots
# will weighten any waypoint where they have been killed in the past,
# in order to avoid it later. The higher the value, the more the bot
# will care about these waypoints and pick other routes instead.
# Progression is logarithmic. Warning: higher values require more CPU.
danger_factor 800

What exactly is this meaning? What exactly will I see the difference in bots behavior when I put 100 or when I put 10000 for this parameter? What is the correct range for this variable?
I understand - if bot is killed in some place once, according to this parameter - next rounds bot will try to find another way to go - if parameter is set to max_possible_value - bot will go never this way (if this is possible). If this prameter is set to min_possible_value - the collection of experience is like without this collection (like collectexperience off) - so bot doesn't care about the past. Or maybe I'm wrong (for sure...)? ???

Before posting by some coder to this thread, maybe somebody not-coder try to say, what did he understand from the description from podbot.cfg about this parameter. Maybe only for me this is not so clear? Maybe simply I'm too stupid to understand this...
I know - coders don't want to write 50MB descriptions, but it's much more better give one or two examples than write 50MB description...

Last edited by KWo; 16-05-2004 at 13:37..

Re: danger_factor - what is this exactly?
Old
  (#2)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: danger_factor - what is this exactly? - 16-05-2004

okay...
I'm not a coder
danger_factor affects how scared they are of a place when their friends die there.
so if you give the danger_factor a low number, the bots would be less scared of places where their friends have died in the past.
if you give it a high number, the bots will be really scared and try to avoid taking that path as much as possible.
When they are scared of a certain place they will choose a different path to reach their destination.

if you had a danger_factor.. I'd say it's probably set at over a million...
because everytime someone says something that is against what you say you seem to think they hate you and you try to avoid them

Old
  (#3)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Awwww, c'me on, sPlO... that's a thing of the past. You read that stupid old thread, didn't ya? Because recently I haven't seen anything that justifies your remark.
Let's better stick to the topic here: So bots are not only affected by their own death at a certain point, but also by their teammates dying there, right? Just want to make sure I got this right...

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#4)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

you must haven't read the other threads..
that 50mb thing justifies it..
and no coder thing too.

and yes any death on their team including their own affects the area.

Old
  (#5)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sPlOrYgOn
okay...
I'm not a coder
Yes - in this case You are a liar (don't get this too serious, please )

Quote:
danger_factor affects how scared they are of a place when their friends die there.
so if you give the danger_factor a low number, the bots would be less scared of places where their friends have died in the past.
if you give it a high number, the bots will be really scared and try to avoid taking that path as much as possible.
OK... Until this point all is clear for me. But I still don't understand what can I see the difference between value for this parameter 100 and 100000? I need an example like this:

danger_factor 0
Bot was trying to go by some "critical" point everytimes during 100 rounds (they don't care about this)

danger_factor 100
Bot was trying to go by some "critical" point 20 times during 100 rounds.

danger_factor 1000
Bot was trying to go by some "critical" point 1 times during 100 rounds.

danger_factor 100000
Bot was vever trying to go by some "critical" point during 100 rounds.

The example like above will be much more clear than that description.
I know - maybe it's impossbile exactly write how many times..., but I want to see only a scale of changing bot's behavior according to this parameter.???

Quote:
because everytime someone says something that is against what you say you seem to think they hate you and you try to avoid them
I simply try to be nice, but I understand that only me I have many problems here and only me I ask about something - so maybe people can have enough this. It seems like nobody has so many problems like me. Some persons here have not so much patience like You. After too many my questions/asking they start to be a little bit more nervous. So I try to avoid this.

Old
  (#6)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

it's not your questions that are making people like this..
you saying no 50mb description or coders is pointing exactly at someone you don't want to reply...
And your scale is wrong.
damage_factor doesn't change the value that they try to avoid something.
it changes the danger value of a waypoint that is added when they or their friend dies there.

so 0 would mean no danger is added when a bot dies there.. so the bot doesn't care at all if they or their friends have died there in the past.

and as you increase the value the more "danger" value will be added to a waypoint.

so with 100000000 damage_factor, if even 1 guy dies there they'd be scared as fuck and almost never go there again. But since that value is so high and the only other route someone dies there too.. they'd start getting scared of both routes but the route with more danger value will be used less.

so take for example..
in de_dust.. a Terrorist bot decides to lead the whole team through the underpass...
the whole ct team has awps and is all around the underpass...
the whole T team dies.
The Terrorists will almost absolutely go the other way the next round... depending on the danger_factor value.

Old
  (#7)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
it's not your questions that are making people like this..
you saying no 50mb description or coders is pointing exactly at someone you don't want to reply...
No - You are wrong. Look simply here:

http://forums.bots-united.com/showpo...33&postcount=6

Quote:
it changes the danger value of a waypoint that is added when they or their friend dies there.
So there is another extra virtual flag like "danger" and this is written to pxp files. And this is the same like in old pxp (collectexperience on) system.

Quote:
so 0 would mean no danger is added when a bot dies there.. so the bot doesn't care at all if they or their friends have died there in the past.
And this was clear for me since begining.

Quote:
and as you increase the value the more "danger" value will be added to a waypoint.
so with 100000000 damage_factor, if even 1 guy dies there they'd be scared as fuck and almost never go there again. But since that value is so high and the only other route someone dies there too.. they'd start getting scared of both routes but the route with more danger value will be used less.
Yes - I understand this all... - my question is - if on some map there is only one way for bots and every round they should go by this way (because I prepared this pwf especially for this strange test) and one round somebody were killed, next round they shoud go this way because there isn't another way - what is a difference in this case - if I put 100 or if I put 1000000 for this parameter? In these both cases bots have to be careful the same (some of them was killed there, but there isn't another way). So what can I see a difference between their behaviors? What is meaning "scared" more (they will throw grenade first and after go or what?).

How much less they will use the way (route) between 100 and 100000 value of parameter? For example 100 rounds - first case - 10 times, second case - once or how?

Quote:
so take for example..
in de_dust.. a Terrorist bot decides to lead the whole team through the underpass...
the whole ct team has awps and is all around the underpass...
the whole T team dies.
The Terrorists will almost absolutely go the other way the next round... depending on the danger_factor value.
So this means some probability of go by another way in the case of some death. Continuing Your example - after 30 rounds there are about 100 waypoints with this "danger" flag in pxp file. So where can bots go in this case? What is a difference after 30 rounds if I put 100 or 10000? Maybe after 1 hour 30% of waypoints on the map have this "danger" flag. I need to know how many times will they try to go (plus/minus) by these waypoints after 1h? Or maybe this is the number of collected waypoints with danger flag? After 1h bots can forget some waypoint danger before (for example 55 min ago) and they remamber only last 100 (if I put 100).

OK - this is maybe difficult to answer. I'll try ask simply - why is the default set as 800? What is meaning exactly this value? Why there is not 200 or why there is not 1000, but there is 800????

Plaese - more patience for me - I want to know only what can I suppose to see if I change this value from 0 to 100000. Maybe this is not so much important, but if there is a parameter to change I want to know how to use it.

Last edited by KWo; 16-05-2004 at 16:53..

Old
  (#8)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

they will choose the path with the least danger value.
so even if all the danger values are very high they will choose the path with the least danger value.
and each round the danger value for each waypoint is decreased. I dunno by how much tho..
if there is only one path then they have no choice and therefore danger value is almost useless since there is only 1 path.
just play around with the value until you find a good value that you think most humans are like.

Old
  (#9)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

OK - Now I understand much more than before starting this thread. Correct me if I'm wrong - every bot's kill near some waypoint add some value (maybe this danger_factor) and this is accumulated (if next round next bot or the same is killed near the same waypoint) - this value is increased. But if one round nobody (no one bot) is killed near this waypoint - the value for this waypoint is decrased (probably by the same value - danger_factor).

Old
  (#10)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

yea I guess it's something like that.