meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Half-Life and HL1 Mods
Half-Life and HL1 Mods Discuss about your favourites HL1 Mods here Half-Life

Re: the CZ bot
Old
  (#21)
Maleficus

Default Re: the CZ bot - 10-12-2004

I was wondering what happened to him (CF). I knew he was working with Gearbox for a while making a bot for an earlier version of CZ, but never really heard what happened after that fell apart.

btw: PMB - have you tried the bots yet in the MP game on hard skill? What were your thoughts?

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#22)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: the CZ bot - 10-12-2004

these bots in a MP game on hard skill have a better combat (I can't match them, but spectating them tells me so), a still awful grenade code, and the navigation is still worrysome. I've also seen them suicide while in combat which leads me to think that the combat AI ignores completely the navnodes.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#23)
biohazerd87
Moderator by day Waypointer by night

Default Re: the CZ bot - 11-12-2004

no bot is good at throwing nades... the CZ bots have way better Team play skills than anybot... which makes them harder.. but agian sometimes they are a bit moronic

Old
  (#24)
Bala

Default Re: the CZ bot - 23-12-2004

Czero bots rocks! Its the best bot ever!! Its so smart that it can kick podbots butts!
it has many feature, the best would be analyzing map feature so you dont have to make any waypoints for the bots

This is how i play cs:

.................................maybe in my dreams

Old
  (#25)
HangFire
Best served chilled

You know, I think I'll fetch a few POD bot variants and give these things a test run against each other.

Could be pretty fun to watch if I can get it all working. It was a bit of a pain to get multiple bots on one server working before, but with Steam(ing pile) it might not be possible anymore.

I'll post my results here later if I do it, but thats a big "if".

Old
  (#26)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

best bot ever ? even my poor bots don't nade their teammates on purpose ! you must be kidding. Look, I'm just back from a CZ game again, at some point in the career mode I fight bots that are able to headshot you with a P90 at 200m range EVERYTIME. I see one, boom I'm dead. best bot ever ? when they are not able to rescue hostages, continuously carrying them around in circles all along the map but carefully avoiding the rescue zones ? best bot ever ? when everytime I must tell my teammates to "storm the front" in every direction for them to finally avoid they stick to my butt, ruin my cover and grenade me to death on occasion ? best bot ever ? when the dumbasses that are supposed to be your teammates need to be TKed properly when ever you want your TEAM to do serious job ? I perform better alone than with 5 of these retards in my feet. Geez, I should just stop playing that game in fact.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#27)
Bluesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala
Czero bots rocks! Its the best bot ever!!
No, the CZ-bots don't rock, and no, those bots are not the best bot ever!

"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

Old
  (#28)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

One of my fav bots of all time cause they act a lot like human players do is the Quake3Arena bot. Very smart, and knows how to rocket jump, and.. well, it just rocks. Q3A bot pwns CSbot.

Since you're probably talking aboot multiplayer bots, I will mention some SP AI that also rocks: Halo, Half Life 2, Half Life 1 (that bot can throw grenades right each time...), Far Cry, Tribes Vengeance (WOW, great AI... hopes someone mods it so it can be used in MP too....), and Mafia. I'm sure there's plenty of other games, but those are the ones I have infront of me right now.

The UTbots were pretty good, but very passive on most difficulties... usually you'd have to shoot them first, or land a jump near them (yes, apparently that triggers their urge to kill ).

SW Battlefront has a pretty smart AI, uses all vehicles pretty effectively, throws nades well... but tends to stand still in combat....

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#29)
Maleficus

Default Re: the CZ bot - 24-12-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarD
Heyyo,

One of my fav bots of all time cause they act a lot like human players do is the Quake3Arena bot. Very smart, and knows how to rocket jump, and.. well, it just rocks. Q3A bot pwns CSbot.
They were pretty good, but I was always frustrated by their lack of strafe-jumping (that one feature alone allowed me to easily own bots), and tactical awareness. Also, they had a problem with getting to their goals - spent too much time screwing around. Try them on CTF, and watch them wander around.

I hate bots that wander around aimlessly until you shoot at them. Wolfbot (RtCW bot) did that, so do a lot of other bots.

Have you tried Brainworks bot? Its a modified Q3A bot - prolly the best modified bot I've seen: they strafejump, and have some really nice combat tactics.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#30)
Rick
Council Member

Default Re: the CZ bot - 24-12-2004

I've tried the brainworks bot, only thing I noticed was the inhuman aim