.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Fritzbot Phase 2 comments
Old
  (#1)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Fritzbot Phase 2 comments - 03-09-2004

Heyyo,

I thought I'd be a good idea to create a new thread to make comments on fritzbot phase 2 work... I saw a couple vids (I couldn't get the first 2 to work... had probs with codecs... oh well, these are just school computers anywho ) yeah, your movement code seems to be great, and the bots throw nades very nicely! GJ!

Lol, they actually throw nades better than me... It's a litte hard to throw nades on RTCW cause you need to change your pitch to change how far they get thrown.. I'm used to cs nades now.. you know? you aim so they land just before where you want them to explode, n' when you hold down the attack button, it just cooks the nades... lol, the 1st time I played RTCW I thought the ticking sound was your guy powering up for a long nade throw... so I held the attack button as long as I could... until it blew me up. I'll try to get used to RTCW nading again to try out fritzbot n' hope to live!

Yeah, did they ever release the Q3 Team Arena bot source? cause that bot was quite the work of art. It plays just like players do. N' from your avi's, your bot seems to do a great job of acting like players. They also seem very aggresive in combat, I like.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Re: Fritzbot Phase 2 comments
Old
  (#2)
Maleficus

Default Re: Fritzbot Phase 2 comments - 04-09-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarD
It's a litte hard to throw nades on RTCW cause you need to change your pitch to change how far they get thrown

Yeah, did they ever release the Q3 Team Arena bot source?

Fritz takes into account your distance to determine how he should pitch to get the best results.

Whats really great is watching him cook the nade and try to have it blow just as it hits you! Hes surprised me with a nade to the face on a few occasions now! Theres still plenty he can't do with a nade yet, and I will get to those in time, but I'm happy where hes at ATM.

Fritz IS a client to the game, in every way. I use the same code to have fritz move around and handle weapons and do everything he does that a normal human client does. I can't stand bots that move or do things a human can't do, so a LOT of work has been dedicated to making sure that whatever he does, whether its smart or not - it looks "human".

Well, the higher level Q3 bot source is available, but none of the pathfinding/goal/weapon/movement code was ever released. Thats locked into the .exe.

Knowing that bots coder (Mr. Elusive), when they release the Q3 source (rumored to be sometime this at the end of this year), I'll bet money the bot code contained in the .exe disappears. 9_9

Dum Spiro Spero

Re: Fritzbot Phase 2 comments
Old
  (#3)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: Fritzbot Phase 2 comments - 07-09-2004

Heyyo,

Too bad, the Q3 bot had awesome movement, sure the bots got stuck together sometimes, but I've never seen more than 2 bots glue together for more than 3 seconds. But your movement seems to get the job done.

They're releasin the source eh? cool. But usually when they release sources it's the whole deal.. lol, but watch em' make up an excuse for not releasing the movement portion of the code.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)