.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

View Poll Results: Should Fritz be ported to Enemy Territory?
Yes 9 45.00%
No 11 55.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Re: Should Fritz be ported to ET?
Old
  (#11)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: Should Fritz be ported to ET? - 29-10-2004

there was no "yes but..." option so I voted yes.
My suggestion was that you could maybe make the bot core independent, and either get it to compile for 2 games at a time, or make 2 different DLLs...
You would end up with a multigame bot, like the HPB_bot was for Half-Life. It requires a bit more work to maintain it, but you don't lose your work and anytime you want to progress on a particular game you can do so without altering the other...

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#12)
Maleficus

Default Re: Should Fritz be ported to ET? - 30-10-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre-Marie Baty
My suggestion was that you could maybe make the bot core independent, and either get it to compile for 2 games at a time, or make 2 different DLLs...
I may explore that option in the future, but for right now - thats just so much more work than I have the time/energy for.

Most people are voting to keep it for RtCW, I may just do that. I enjoy Wolf a lot still, and would love to at least get a bot working for all of the official maps,
before I explore other games/engines.

I don't know, I just think ET is the future tho, and that Wolf is slowly dying away, and by the time I have a really good bot done for it, noone will care anymore.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#13)
Maleficus

Default Re: Should Fritz be ported to ET? - 30-10-2004

Heres an interesting site I found today that shows just how big of a gap there is
between ET and RtCW:

http://www.csports.net/TopGames.aspx?Matrix=0&Mod=0

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#14)
Maleficus

Default Re: Should Fritz be ported to ET? - 01-11-2004

I've been hearing from a lot of people, and its a pretty dead heat - half want ET, and half want RtCW. 9_9

So much for that clear majority I was looking for!

I really want to make a bot for ET, and I have decided I probably will, AFTER I finish Fritz for RtCW.

I was REALLY going thru the ET source over the last few days, and was seeing how everything works - its a lot like wolf, but the gameplay is a LOT more complex than it seems at first glance, and it made me realize that Fritz is nowhere near being done enough to start taking on the the workload of supporting ET.

Yet, everything I've made for Fritz so far, and will make in the future, will port across to ET easily with no problems when Fritz IS done. ET is RtCW with some added features - EVERYTHING that works in RtCW will work in ET. The only task will be supporting the ET specific class/obj/weapon stuff.

I can wait for Fritz:ET..... for now, its finishing up Fritz for RtCW, and at least getting the official maps supported, thats going to be my focus.

Once thats complete.... who knows!

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#15)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Default Re: Should Fritz be ported to ET? - 02-11-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficus
I really want to make a bot for ET, and I have decided I probably will, AFTER I finish Fritz for RtCW.
Sounds good mal, i'm happy to hear that not only will you be finishing Fritz for RTCW (which is really great news to hear), but also porting it to ET once finished. And i agree i'd assume i'd be easier to port once the RTCW version is done, cause most of the base code will already be established and functioning properly. All you's really need to do is tweak it and add ET specific features, and bam, an excellent bot for ET almost right from the start.