.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Here's Some Fritzbot Server Files
Old
  (#1)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Default Here's Some Fritzbot Server Files - 24-02-2005

People who are having trouble starting up and configuring Fritzbot will find these quite useful.

These are Fritzbot server configuration files. They setup your server to run all the maps of fritzbot and set all the server settings and everything. Okay here's what you do.

First download this file
http://denny8303.tripod.com/Fritzbot_Server_Files.zip
(MAKE SURE to right click on the link and select "Save Target As..."

Now extract the files and place both the "server.cfg" and "MapRotate.cfg" in the main directoy of your RTCW install. Now be warned that Fritzbot uses custom server setting for each map, so some of the settings in the server.cfg won't work, but it'll still load and run like normal. If you wanna see the contents of both the files, you can use notepad to open them.

Okay, after that, put the shortcut i included on the desktop. Now you're gonna have to change the path of the shortcut, to do this right click on the shortcut and select properties, then you'll see a box that says target. In that will be your path to the WolfMP.exe file. All you gotta do is change which folders you have Fritzbot installed.

"C:\Program Files\Return to Castle Wolfenstein\WolfMP.exe" +set fs_game fritzbot +exec server.cfg

that is what it should like like if you installed it to the C:\ Drive, i have mine installed on the G:\ drive (which is why you'll need to change the path) and it wouldn't let me change it. MAKE SURE you incluse these parameters after the file path...

+set fs_game fritzbot +exec server.cfg

Otherwise it won't work. If you followed my instructions, when your finished click on Apply then OK, now whenever you want to start a Fritzbot game, just double click on the shortcut i gave you, and it'll automatically load a Fritzbot server, and setup the map list for you and everything.

I hope this helps you guys, and i pray to god you understand file paths.

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.

Last edited by Denny; 24-02-2005 at 00:52..

Re: Here's Some Fritzbot Server Files
Old
  (#2)
Maleficus

Default Re: Here's Some Fritzbot Server Files - 24-02-2005

Thanks for that info Denny!

I'm going to have to look at addressing the issues ppl are having running the mod next version (and create a real installer for it too, instead of a .zip file).

EVERYONE: let me know if that helps. Together we can figure out why it seems to affect some but not others.

Dum Spiro Spero