Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Ideas
Ideas One idea per thread please! :)

Human like
Old
  (#1)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Default Human like - 17-04-2006

I was always thinking when bots have gernades and they seen a person backup behind a corner the never throw the gernades towards that spot.
Also if bots would couch before shooting and while shooting that would make it more human like; also not headshotting me constantly

Also they are very unwaypointed on maps; bots like to get stuck to eachother and clump up so I have to do all the work and die constantly.

I can show you images if you like, because I have plently of spare time after school (if I'm not in the bathroom all day).

Also jumping corners or ramps I know it's a waypoint thing I like it when some bots jump over the railing on as_oilrig its cool and I wish they would do that on like militia also and others. The sound part of bots hearing another person or bot coming by, to hide or slow down or crouch and camp for that bot or person to come by hearing them and aiming automaticly at the next exit of which the enemy may appear. (yes its confusing to me too.)

I know you ladies and gentlemen have lives and I know this is a complicated list; but this is just an idea to make the bots better. Also rushing madly is a good Idea for the bots.

Re: Human like
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Human like - 17-04-2006

Well - if I'm playing at my LAN, the people headshot me all the time. It depand how good players You are playing against. Take the beta from filebase - play with lower skilled bots - they will not headshot You all the time. Also these bots are trying to throw the flashbang into the corridor (like in de_dust) or (de_dust2). The whole nade throwing should be better in that beta.
If they are in unwaypointed area they are trying to find the closest waypoint to go there.

Old
  (#3)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Well I know how to change the podbot.cfg skills etc.. its just on the average 40-60 skill I get headshot alot with Shotguns which I have never been able to do, except for once when I was really close. I would get headshot alot from bots on the ground of cs_assault and I'm on the roof. and vise-versa.

Old
  (#4)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

I told You - take the beta from filebase. Now the difference between bots with other skills is more apparently. I changed it my-self.