meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > IvPBot
IvPBot Another PODBot's evil descendance by KaCaT Counter-Strike

Somebody help me???
Old
  (#1)
Keyboard

Default Somebody help me??? - 31-07-2004

Ok, so I've been searching for bots for a while now, and I just recently stumbled across IvPBot. I downloaded the file called:

ivpbot_25022004

It says to install this into my cstrike folder, and when I do I should find a new cstrike folder that contains some IvPBot files. Do I have the wrong download?

Thanks!

Re: Somebody help me???
Old
  (#2)
Chimchim420

Default Re: Somebody help me??? - 31-07-2004

Ok, Keyboard, look at the first posts by KaCat in the formus on installing Ivpbot. You will need 2 downloads and it sounds like you have the second. The first is an .exe file called Ivpbot1.1.1 The second is a simple zip file containing a single .dll file. Install them in order following the instructions in the formus and if you have any problems post again.
You can get the .exe file here: http://www.ivpbot.tk/

Last edited by Chimchim420; 31-07-2004 at 08:57..

Old
  (#3)
Keyboard

Ok, so I downloaded the .exe, and installed it where it told me to. Now I extracter the .dll file to the ivpbot folder, and set the liblist.gam file to "Read Only", and then I go into the game, and I still have no bots.

Old
  (#4)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

thats because the ivpbot readme skips a step... (very annoying)
you have to edit the liblist.gam before setting it to read only..
find a line in it that says "gamedll"
and edit the quotes after it to "ivpbot\ivpbot.dll"

Old
  (#5)
Keyboard

How do I edit the liblist.gam?

It says windows cannot find a program to open it with.

Thanks.

Old
  (#6)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

open it with notepad

Old
  (#7)
Keyboard

It was already set as that, unless you mean the second line which says :

gamedll_linux "ivpbot/ivpbot_i486.so"

Old
  (#8)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

but aren't you on windows??
if you are set gamedll to "ivpbot\ivpbot.dll"

Old
  (#9)
Keyboard

Yes I am on windows, and that line was already set to what you told me to set it to:

It was like this:

gamedll "ivpbot\ivpbot.dll"

Is that what it is supposed to look like?

Old
  (#10)
Chimchim420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyboard
Yes I am on windows, and that line was already set to what you told me to set it to:

It was like this:

gamedll "ivpbot\ivpbot.dll"

Is that what it is supposed to look like?
Ok, I'm going to run thru a clean install with you since you've downlaoded both files. I'll keep it as simple as possible for you.

Step1: Run the Ivpbot1.1.1_exe file. The program will ask where you you want to install. You are going to specify the following path C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\username\counter-strike.

*IMPORTANT* The exe file automatically adds an unecessary 'HalfLife' folder to the end of the of that line, so it will look like this after you've browsed to and selected the directory:
" C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\username\counter-strike\halflife"

You MUST remove that halflife folder, so either enter your path manually, or simply remove the folder from the end when you browse to it.

With the 'halflife' folder removed from the end of the installation path, let the program install, read the read me if you like and close the installation program.

From here you can actually play, as the bots are installed and everything should be working fine. However, the original .dll file in Ivpbot had a glitch that prevented the bots from purchasing any weapons other than pistols. This is why you dowloaded the second file, which is a zip, entitled Ivpbot_25022004. If you prefer, as most of us do, for your enemies to be carrying more than pea shooters and pig stickers, you will want to continue with step 2.

Step 2: Open the zip file that you downloaded. It only contains one file, a .dll which you are now going to drag and place into your "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\username\counter-strike\cstrike\ivpbot" folder. You can extract the zip file into the folder if you prefer, I just found it easier to drag and drop it, your choice. What you CANNOT do however, is simply place the whole zip file into that folder, you must either extract the .dll into it, or open the zip file and move the .dll to your "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\username\counter-strike\cstrike\ivpbot" folder.

And thats all there is to it. I think the biggest problem most people have is not noticing that the .exe file places the unecessary 'halflife' folder onto the end of your directory path. Make sure you remove it and the rest should be smoothe sailing.

Last edited by Chimchim420; 01-08-2004 at 03:54..