meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > IvPBot
IvPBot Another PODBot's evil descendance by KaCaT Counter-Strike

Remote Control of BOTS on HLDS
Old
  (#1)
jonjepsen

Default Remote Control of BOTS on HLDS - 06-04-2005

Hello Gents, Before I get to my question I wanna say two things: First, I was able to get HLDS (version 1.1.2.0) installed, configured to my likings and running without any troubles thanks to the people that post the forums. Second. I was then able to get IvPBOT installed, configured to my likings and running in my dedicated server without any troubles either – again thanks to people that post to this forum.

[and this is after my long absence from CS due to obligations to the Military reserves – I was in the Middle East for quite a while. Coming home, I basically started completely over with CS]

Anyway, I’ve got my Dedicated Server running and I’ve got people connecting from the internet as well as local players on my LAN and gaming is going great. The bots are a blast.

(1) So how do I bring down the IvPBOT User Menu via Remote Control?

If I’m playing locally, it’s easy. I understand that the “=” is bound to the IvPBOT User Menu as per the IvPBOT.cfg file. On a dedicated server I don’t have control of the BOTS unless I physically go over to the server, stop the game and make changes to the .cfg files manually which is something I wish to avoid.

(2) Do I need a separate MOD for this task?

(3) If so, which MOD should I install?

a. AMXMOD

b. ADMINMOD

c. METAMOD

I’ve never installed any Adminmods before and I consider myself a newbie at the Administration thing. So I would prefer an Admin MOD that is well documented AND has proven to work okay with IvPBOT. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I sifted through the Posts and Threads to no avail – so if I missed something that is in fact already in there, answering question # 1 – please accept my apology for the hassles.

Thank you in advance.