Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Ideas
Ideas One idea per thread please! :)

Re: More Ideas
Old
  (#11)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: More Ideas - 10-05-2004

1. That visibility thingy: You could do it with an additional waypoint flag, like RealBot does. However, this would require new waypoint files.
I don't have any idea how you could have the bot reacting to different lighting. It's a really cool idea, and I'd love to see bots having difficulty to shoot you when you're camping in front of a dark doorway or something. But I dunno if it's possible to add that feature without giving up WP compatibility.

2. Bot personalisation: Yes, not bad. However, at least IMHO, this should remain an option, with other ways of adding bots (bot menu or whatever) still remaining. Nobody wants to spend seven hours choosing each bot's likelihood to fall over its own shoelace on a de_map on thursdays in a dark corner when less than 4 players are remaining and he's carrying a gun with more than 10 rounds of ammo left and the bomb has been planted etc etc etc... It's great if you have the possibility to do so, but it should remain a possibility (as I am sure you all had planned it, just to make things clear).
Come to think of it, would it be possible to add a further cfg file where players can enter & edit their favourite bot personalities and backup them for the next time they have to reinstall their OS or something?

3. Doors & buttons: I'm not convinced of the button code as it is. When I place one WP 100+ units away from one side of the door and the other one 100+ units behind the other side (totalling in a distance of 200+ units, and the hardcoded WP radius amounting to 50 units) I don't think it's a waypoint error when bots don't handle the door correctly. At the very least, it should not be a problem, for in some cases, there isn't even that much space! Think of a sliding door that connects two narrow corridors running parallel to each other...
The only thing the button code has fixed for me is that bots no longer push buttons to close doors; they leave the door open instead. But if a player closes the door, the bots will either run into it or move to the button and keep standing there for the rest of the round.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Last edited by >BKA< T Wrecks; 10-05-2004 at 18:09..

Old
  (#12)
Huntkillaz

Default Re: More Ideas - 10-05-2004

i always back myold ones to zip....with every release

since they're tweaked nicely...i dont want to lose em...

i think we should include a new folder (when we make and installer) called backup0 (increase by no. if one already exist)..that will send every cfg file to it and than place the new ones..so that the user's old ones don't get deleted...

●_•

Old
  (#13)
biohazerd87
Moderator by day Waypointer by night

Default Re: More Ideas - 11-05-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by >BKA< T Wrecks
2. Bot personalisation: Yes, not bad. However, at least IMHO, this should remain an option, with other ways of adding bots (bot menu or whatever) still remaining. Nobody wants to spend seven hours choosing each bot's likelihood to fall over its own shoelace on a de_map on thursdays in a dark corner when less than 4 players are remaining and he's carrying a gun with more than 10 rounds of ammo left and the bomb has been planted etc etc etc... It's great if you have the possibility to do so, but it should remain a possibility (as I am sure you all had planned it, just to make things clear).
Come to think of it, would it be possible to add a further cfg file where players can enter & edit their favourite bot personalities and backup them for the next time they have to reinstall their OS or something?
I am not sure if you are fimilular with REALbot AI or not but they come with a bot personality manager. It works by using a CFG file. That way all you have to do is make a CFG for a custom bot but you don't even have to do that it will add random bots if there are no configs. Check it out it is a sweet program.

And yeah the first idea i really liked, I knew it would be hard or impossible to work. At first i thought you could just reverse the coding for the flashbang then i relized it is a little different.

Old
  (#14)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Nope, I'm not familiar with the way RealBot manages bot personality - but it sounds exactly like I'd appreciate it - use it if you want, be happy without it if you don't. That sounds nice. I would certainly not object against having that in PB 2.6mm, too... although chances are I wouldn't use it myself... 9_9

Old
  (#15)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

so perhaps something like this:
Code:
[bot]
name "blah"
skill 100
personality 1
team 5
model 5
and if it finds this in a certain file it'll add a bot named "blah" with or without detailnames depending on your setting then the bot will have 100 skill, be aggressive, in a random team, and chooses a random skin/model?

[edit]
I just realized how stupid this post was...
perhaps you guys meant:
Code:
"blah" 100 1 5 5
So when a bot named blah joins he will have a skill of 100, a personality of aggressive, in a random team, and with a random model.
[/edit]

Last edited by sPlOrYgOn; 11-05-2004 at 02:18..

Old
  (#16)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Well, I think he meant even more - not only basic personality type and skill level, but also personally set weapon preferences etc... what's now general for any bot. So you could really add a mad P90 rusher to the game, who'll never use a sniper weapon. Stuff like that, I think.

Old
  (#17)
biohazerd87
Moderator by day Waypointer by night

Default Re: More Ideas - 12-05-2004

if you wanna know what i mean just DL the Real Bot Personality it is really cool to look at and again it is just a siggestion

Old
  (#18)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: More Ideas - 12-05-2004

I'll try to do your suggestion after I check out realbot...
if I find it of any use or interest...