meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Ideas
Ideas One idea per thread please! :)

[IDEA] Awp flag for camp waypoints
Old
  (#1)
Empower

Post [IDEA] Awp flag for camp waypoints - 02-06-2010

There are different camp positions some are short near corners, some are very long and are greatly covered by snipers. Bots looks stupid when they are camping with awp on small piece in corner or some. Or when they camp on very long distance with shoot guns. So I have an idea to add a "Sniper flag" to wp editor or maybe it's possible to detect distance on the camp point and make bots camp more smartly.

Re: [IDEA] Awp flag for camp waypoints
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: [IDEA] Awp flag for camp waypoints - 03-06-2010

It's up to the waypointer to put camp waypoints in right areas. I'm not going to change anything in WP editor. It would break the compatibility with correct interpratation camp waypoints in pwf files created before that change. If the bot would like to camp with awp only in CAMP_SNIPER flag, that would lead - for older pwf - they would never camp with awp (since there is no CAMP_SNIPER flag). Nobody is also going to rewaypoint all waypoints for all maps on the Earth...

Old
  (#3)
dr.death

Big Grin Re: [IDEA] Awp flag for camp waypoints - 29-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
It's up to the waypointer to put camp waypoints in right areas. I'm not going to change anything in WP editor. It would break the compatibility with correct interpratation camp waypoints in pwf files created before that change. If the bot would like to camp with awp only in CAMP_SNIPER flag, that would lead - for older pwf - they would never camp with awp (since there is no CAMP_SNIPER flag). Nobody is also going to rewaypoint all waypoints for all maps on the Earth...
Just check the size of "Camp start" and "Camp end" lines.

Old
  (#4)
ExAnimo

Default Re: [IDEA] Awp flag for camp waypoints - 22-04-2012

Why it is impossible to make new system waypoints and having thus left support old ? To make other expansion .pbw (pod bot waypoint) and when the bot it is loaded will check if there is this new waypoint that loads this and if there is no that old system.

And by the way I think not so much waypoints is made on Earth. I have an archive of 52 mb with 4842 waypoints for pod bot. And 95 % of maps are 2 points from 10, anybody will never play them. I have 20-30 favourite maps where I personally edit ways . I think not so difficult to make new ways with new system for 100 popular maps.

Last edited by ExAnimo; 22-04-2012 at 21:10..