.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Common Questions
Common Questions Are you seeking help ? Get it here !

Installation Issue
Old
  (#1)
row199

Default Installation Issue - 03-08-2008

Hello, I am having a problem with the install of PodBot. I followed all of the instructions and made all of the files and extracted everything to where it was supposed to go, etc... I start up CS (steam), and select a new game. I choose the map and click to start. It says "starting local game server" and before a single blip has loaded, the screen goes black, and CS exits. I am sitting back on my desktop. Any ideas? Might I have missed a step or done something wrong? I have checked and double-checked numerous times but simply cannot figure it out. Thanks!

Re: Installation Issue
Old
  (#2)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Default Re: Installation Issue - 03-08-2008

I would suggest checking liblist.gam, see if steam is rewritting it all the time, it sometimes does that for me, I just change the properties to read only after I edit it.

Also, if the game crashes, it will leave an error in the logs, I think it is Counter-strike/logs or something like that; the error logs may further explain.

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#3)
row199

Quote:
I would suggest checking liblist.gam, see if steam is rewritting it all the time, it sometimes does that for me, I just change the properties to read only after I edit it. Also, if the game crashes, it will leave an error in the logs, I think it is Counter-strike/logs or something like that; the error logs may further explain.
Thanks for the fast response: How do I do that first part? Checking to see if steam is re-writing liblist.gam? And changing it to read-only? Sorry if I am a complete computer newb O.o Also, I could not locate the CS log file to determine if crashes are occurring. Anything more specific to check would be appreciated. Thanks again, row

Old
  (#4)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Well, I would suggest opening liblist.gam and see if metamod is still the game_dll, then right click on liblist.gam and click properites and check the box next to read only.

I've never come across such an error, unless I was playing on a bad map, sometimes aim maps have multiple pistols and the bots crash.

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#5)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Installation Issue - 04-08-2008

First of all - please point exact link of that what You are trying toi install. The procedure of installing is different for Fullpack and for All-In-One package. Then point step by step what You were really doing, so we can confirm You were doing everything right or not. If You presuppose You were doing really everything right, we cannot help You - since You are doing everything right, maybe You could help us?
Another thing - we even don't know what is Your CS version (steam/non-steam), operating system, other metamod plugins etc...
What do You think - we are seers and we can help knowing nothing about Your configuration?

Old
  (#6)
broeknstaple

Default Re: Installation Issue - 15-08-2008

I’m having the same problem. I try to start a CS game. It will pop me back to the opening screen of CS. I'll try again and it will act like it's starting the game, but then shut down and leave me on the desktop.

I’m using Steam v.007 and the CS/CS:Z version which I purchased three days ago from Steam (If that's not enough info, please let me know how I can find out which version).
I just followed the instructions (as found here http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51) for installing mm 1.19 (as found here http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/m...n.zip?download). Also, I've changed my liblist.gam to read-only, but that didn't help either.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to help me with my problem.

Last edited by broeknstaple; 15-08-2008 at 21:09.. Reason: Adding additional information

Old
  (#7)
broeknstaple

Default Re: Installation Issue - 15-08-2008

Installing the All-in-One instead of following the step-by-step instructions seems to have solved the problem. Thanks for a great program and all your hard work!