.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Re: Button code is still f*cked up...
Old
  (#31)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: Button code is still f*cked up... - 09-07-2004

lol, now people are getting scared when they send me waypoints...

Ok, I ought to say that I only fired up cs_ark quickly, and in the very first round, after maybe 15 seconds, the first bot got stuck - exactly the way they used to behave before. I didn't test with other maps so far, but I'll have a look at your demo waypoints as soon as I have Steam installed again.

Good to know that the button code is making better progress than I thought. The fact that they no longer get stuck where no button even exists is already a big step - it made cs_bbicotka playable!

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#32)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by >BKA< T Wrecks
Good to know that the button code is making better progress than I thought. The fact that they no longer get stuck where no button even exists is already a big step - it made cs_bbicotka playable!
No - I didn't say they don't get stuck now at doors or butons. I said only some of them aren't the problem for bots now. They still get stuck but not so often like before. I asked to sPlOrYgOn to trigger the situation when bot get stuck and write all parameters as a chat or console print to understand why this bot got stuck (what condition is missing to pushing - when I go and push this button bot unstuck - so it means need only push button and all will be OK).

Old
  (#33)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo
No - I didn't say they don't get stuck now at doors or butons. I said only some of them aren't the problem for bots now. They still get stuck but not so often like before.
And I didn't say or think that everything was fixed, *lol*.
I just said that cs_bbicotka was impossible to play before and is perfectly enjoyable now.

I had a look at cs_arabstreets... of course, at that garage door, there is no button flag needed. Then again, in order to watch how the bots are doing, you had to add one, or they would have ignored the buttons... 9_9 and now I saw after two seconds what you had told so often before: bots really died in that door. And they still get stuck quite often. But confusingly enough, that door near the hostages has stopped to kill bots apparently. I remember that a bot only had to touch it in order to die - is something wrong with my brain? I mean, something more than I already know?

I don't have cs_house and was too lazy to d/l, so no tests here...

But I had a look at cs_iraq, and - 1337-o-matic! - this map works now!!! Bots hardly get stuck, and in most cases, they can free themselves eventually. It's A LOT better than it used to be!

Now for some tests concerning the bots' navigation...

Old
  (#34)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Button code is still f*cked up... - 10-07-2004

Quote:
I had a look at cs_arabstreets... of course, at that garage door, there is no button flag needed. Then again, in order to watch how the bots are doing, you had to add one, or they would have ignored the buttons... 9_9
Another thing is - if You don't put this flag there, they never will try to close this door. But closing this door is nice - then other bot has to open it.
If there isn't this flag bot will try to push this button only when the door is closed.

Quote:
and now I saw after two seconds what you had told so often before: bots really died in that door. And they still get stuck quite often. But confusingly enough, that door near the hostages has stopped to kill bots apparently. I remember that a bot only had to touch it in order to die - is something wrong with my brain? I mean, something more than I already know?
Finaly You got this garage door as a bot's killer. About this sliding door - I asked sPlOrYgOn to don't touch the door during opening , because this was blocked the door during opening at cs_iraq. I don't know if he did this already or not.

Quote:
But I had a look at cs_iraq, and - 1337-o-matic! - this map works now!!! Bots hardly get stuck, and in most cases, they can free themselves eventually. It's A LOT better than it used to be!
There is some specific situation. Bot sometimes open the door reaching the button from the other door's side. But player can do the same - if You are at the left side of the door and You push "use" the door will open. Normal button You can see at the right door's side, but at the other side there is also the button - and this bot or player can reach throw the wall.

Finaly You are more happy now then before - when You started this thread, I suppose. The progress is visible in this topic, but need more time and tests. When sPlOrYgOn will write to code this part to ask bot what it need (print_console - all parameters needed for button push conditions) then probably problem should be simply to solve.

Last edited by KWo; 10-07-2004 at 00:02..

Old
  (#35)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

I have changed more of the button code!!
I'd say it's almost 100% working for doors and buttons..
http://www.mapzap.org/files/podbot/podbotBETA.zip

I've found a big problem with prev_wpt_index...
it was only updated when the bot got stuck..
but now It's updated each time the bot gets a new wpt..
this was the cause to a lot of problems.. including bots shooting breakables that aren't there...

and this beta includes the botaim plugin code!
and also includes the getgamedirfix plugin code!
2 of PMB's plugins

Old
  (#36)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Megawatt: unit for measuring power
Mega: unit for measuring the euphoria whenever sPlOrYgOn releases a new beta...

I'd say 10,000 mega at least!! 99% working button code??! Now that sounds TOO good to be true. I just downloaded it, can't wait to test tomorrow... /drools

AND botaim code included. Man, you rock!