.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > HPB_bot
HPB_bot The trusty good ole mechs by botman HLDMTFCOpposing ForceDMCFront Line Force

Help!
Old
  (#1)
Fiery

Default Help! - 26-08-2005

Okay guys, I really need help. I read the other Steam and HPB Bot threads and didn't quite get it. After I put the metamod in the team fortress classic and tf1.5, I created the addons/metamod/dlls and put the dll there. Now, when I download HPB Bot, I put it in the Team Fortress Classic/Team Fortress 1.5 folder and then open the tfc folder and install. BUT, it says that the installation couldn't be sucessful because TFC is installed in a wrong directory/unknown directory. Any help would be appreciated.

In the same boat....
Old
  (#2)
Degenatron

Default In the same boat.... - 29-08-2005

make sure that the directory structure is right. The Install batch wants to take two "steps" back through the folders (like clicking the up-folder icon twice) before it then looks for the TFC folder.
What this means is, if you copy the contents of the "HPB_Bot" folder out, and drop the stuff into the Team Fortress Classic folder without actually putting the HPB_Bot folder in there, you'll have a problem.

Another way to explain it is this: When you look in "steamuser\Team Fortress Classic\" you should see a HPB_bot folder. Inside THAT folder, you'll find tfc, and inside that you'll find "install.bat" It has to be this way for the installer to find it's way to "steamuser\Team Fotress Classic\tfc"

Code:

Steamuser 
|
|___Team Fortress Classic
			 |
			 |___valve (folder)
			 |___tfc (folder)
			 |	 |
			 |	 |_liblist.gam (file)
			 |	 |
			 |	 |_Addons (folder)
			 |	 |_Metamod (folder)
			 |			 |_dlls (folder)
			 |			 |	 |_metamod.dll (file)
			 |			 |_plugins.ini (file)
			 |
			 |___HPB_bot
					 |_tfc
						 |_install.bat
This is the way your directory tree should look (there's lots of ther files and folders, but I left them out for clarity).

Note: plugins.ini should be blank inside. A blank copy needs to be there for the installer to find and modify. Check it after the install to make sure everything looks ok.

Note: Make your liblist.gam READ ONLY. Steam will overwrite it unless you lock it down (this caused me MUCH grief).

Hope that helps,
D-Gen

Last edited by Degenatron; 29-08-2005 at 18:34..