.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Re: Nonexistent bot on player join
Old
  (#11)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Nonexistent bot on player join - 28-05-2004

Today I experienced new situation with this kicking - not kicking bot. I started DS CS1.5 with 8 bot (4 T and 4 CT). I connected to the game from my client computer. No one bot was kicked. I was looking at the scoreboard and at the next round start there were 5 CT (I was connnected as CT) and 4 T and no one bot was as dead. All bots were in the game. After this my colegue was connected and before seeing him as a spectator one bot CT was kicked. After few seconds I saw my colegue as a spectator at scoreboard. After - he joined to T team. I removed one T bot and he asked me why there are 5 CT against 4 T and I was much surprised, becasue at MY scoreboard there were 4 CT and 4 T. At my colegue's computers at his scoreborad there were 5 CT , but one bot (this one I saw as kicked) as DEAD. Can somebody explain this, how is this possible see another number of players at two computers in the same game????

Last edited by KWo; 28-05-2004 at 00:17..

Old
  (#12)
[NvT]_KaszpiR_

Default Re: Nonexistent bot on player join - 28-05-2004

hmm seems the info about slot is not cleared properly

Old
  (#13)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Nonexistent bot on player join - 29-05-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NvT]_KaszpiR_
hmm seems the info about slot is not cleared properly
The problem is probably the moment of kicking bot. In the log I can see two moments of player's connecting . You can see this message "Player_Name connected". In the first moment, when player start joining - at his computer there is a list of players taken from server (with all bots and human-players). After this bot is kicked. After few seconds there is initialization and downloading the data from the server to the game on the client-computer of player. Then you can see him at your another player's computer as a player from some team (but before selecting team by him). After this you can see him as a spectator and after this there is a message "Player_name entered the game" and after selecting by him a team "Player name joined T (or CT team)". So - probably between conecting and entering to the game the players list from server is not updated at this player computer.
Maybe a fix for this bug can be - kick bot when player entered the game (as a spectator) - not when is conected?