.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Forge of Digital Worlds > Waypointing > POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format
POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format Waypoints for POD-Bot mm

Re: Very High Quality Waypoints (Pro Waypoints)?
Old
  (#11)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: Very High Quality Waypoints (Pro Waypoints)? - 24-03-2004

DE_DUST:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoUlFaThEr
the Dust CT Target crate-jump thing was something I chose to leave out of my version...for exactly that reason......
Hm, depends. I tried de_dust and commanded a bot around with debuggoal. I noticed that at one bombspot (CT spawn area) the jump onto the second crate stack indeed fails regularly. But the waypoints are strange there, anyway. One node is half inside of a crate... ??? But at least a part of this nice jump series might be repaired - I'm gonna give it a try! At the other bombspot, at the first crate stack -viewed from the big wooden gate- the bot jumps too far right, bouncing into the upper crate and falling down. I dunno if I can fix that, but I'll try. The second stack is fine. (1.5)
I don't know the 1.6 version yet; my Steam has commited its second suicide in 3 days... >

CS_OFFICE
Quote:
from your description of Office.....those arent my waypoints.....the ones being used on Austins bot server run perfectly from all angles.....
Nope. Those are TAZ's - I tested them and found everything to be true. And good news: I'm positive it can be fixed.

DE_INFERNO
I totally agree with SoUlFaThEr - leaving a dummy goal WP at the point where I started is something that happened to me more'n once... However, I discovered it during my tests - that's why I keep testing... 9_9

DE_PIRANESI
PMB, I don't blame you for getting lost in there - what a maze! However, at a first walkthrough I couldn't find any wrong connection, just one or two tiny areas that aren't waypointed at all. Gotta playtest that one thoroughly. Oh, wait- I just saw I had LightNinja's WPs (from E[POD]Bot). Those look great. You meant the ony by TAZ, I s'pose? I'm gonna try...

CS_HAVANA
Hm, I have Xtender's waypoint for this map - haven't spectated a botmatch there for ages, but from what I saw the WP looks 99% great, 1% ok.

Quote:
T-Wrecks.......i am giving you full permission to edit my Official-map waypoints for this new bot that needs a waypoint covered map.
Thank you, SoUlFaThEr. I feel really honoured - wow! However, in those podbot.zips that I keep d/l'ing from PMB's thread, your WPs aren't included. Where can I get them? Or wouldn't it be better just to stick with the ones that come with the podbot.zip (mostly TAZ's work)? They cover (almost) the whole map, and there are just those bugs to correct... Anyway, I'd really be interested in trying e.g. your cs_office waypoint. And the other ones as well...

Btw, I'm currently making a new set for as_tundra...
1. There was one unwaypointed ladder.
2. In the building at the CT spawn area, there's a hole in the roof which you can use to seek quick refuge inside the building if somebody gave you hell while you were camping on the roof - only the WP's were missing...
3. Another hole like this at the far end of the map, in the T building behind the tank - also unusable for the bots
4. Some (albeit either small or unimportant) areas were unwaypointed - that's fixed now.
5. I added some neat jumps and team-specific camp waypoints.
6. Now the VIP can go down that steep ramp toward the tank.
7. Although more of the map is covered with WPs, the node count has slightly decreased. One reason is that I partly tried SoUlFaThEr's concept of loooong connections, especially in that long tunnel... hope you don't mind, SF

Expect upload here by tomorrow.

Old
  (#12)
CoCoNUT

@Soulfather: These are the CS:CZ-levels you can find on many servers already. They also work in CS 1.5, you just need the new hw.dll and sw.dll (if you have problems I can upload them somewhere for you) to see the transparent textures. Download the maps here for example:

http://www.the-last-resort.net/ (Forum>Maptest)

Keep in mind that de_pranesi in CS 1.6 is different from 1.5 (layout).

Have FUN!

For maps, nav-files, waypoints and more visit: http://coconut.de.tc

Last edited by CoCoNUT; 24-03-2004 at 10:49..

Old
  (#13)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Ok, now I have all the WPs as included in the podbot.zip.

DE_INFERNO:
ummm... could it be that those WPs (2001, TAZ) are simply outdated? Not only is there a forgotten map goal waypoint, but also one or two spots where connections go straight into crates, and the worst issue is that wide areas of the map are totally unwaypointed, including one bomb plant area!!! ??? Looks like the map had been remade after the old WP was created.

DE_PIRANESI:
Ok, so we're talking about that WP file by a bloke called silentscope? Well, I didn't find an error where connections led through a wall, but as many waypointers, the poor guy got lost in the palace and forgot two passages! Besides, it's a very average waypoint file. He missed several details. Overall it's ok, but not really great. The one I had on my 'puter (Xtender?) is lost, the one by *Ricko* is ok, but not too great, and the best one I've seen so far is the one that LightNinja made for E[POD]Bot. I just found 2-3 little details that could be improved...

Old
  (#14)
Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by >BKA< T Wrecks
Thank you, SoUlFaThEr. I feel really honoured - wow! However, in those podbot.zips that I keep d/l'ing from PMB's thread, your WPs aren't included. Where can I get them? Anyway, I'd really be interested in trying e.g. your cs_office waypoint. And the other ones as well...
Well I finally checked and I AM USING SoUlFaThEr's WAYPOINTS for almost all of my maps! I zipped them and the pxp files and put them on my server for DL.
You can find them here.

http://austinbots.com/waypoints/SFWP.zip

They are all super great!

Last edited by Austin; 24-03-2004 at 12:27..

Old
  (#15)
SoUlFaThEr

ok im just going to thank CoCoNuT for the links......T-Wrecks for using my looooooong concept(it works).....and Mark for checking his waypoints on the server.

T-Wrecks said : One node is half inside of a crate(on dust)
Its the jump itself that makes it look like its in the crate.......you need to hold the duck......so its sort of "in" it, if i remember back that far.......

I am so happy with my work on the official waypoints other than Assault and Dust. Assault cuz of that ladder/vent up top the building.....and Dust because of the bad layout.......but with the A pathfinder.....dust will be ok if i am alloowed to correct them myself......as for assault.........no frickin clue !!

Taz's waypoints were great for the Time but as I heard him once tell me anyway: They are outdated. and since we have been doing so many new things to this fantaqstic bot......My officials are the closest to the new times.

to increase the speed in getting these official waypoints finished for the pod release PMB has.......we should use mine and fill the map.

I know i gave T-Wrecks full permission to change them......but since it isnt many waypoints......i would actually be willing to do them myself.

this will only take a short while.........im downloading the waypoints of mine that Mark just posted......and i will play them on LAN and correct them as I go........starting with as_tundra !!!
800 nodes here i come.....

btw.....get my piranesi.......it was downloaded with cs_havana and de_chateau over 500,000 times.....no one wrote me back on it

Last edited by SoUlFaThEr; 24-03-2004 at 19:03..

Old
  (#16)
>BKA< T Wrecks

It was not your de_dust WP that showed these strange WPs, SoUlFaThEr. It was TAZ's, which was included in the podbot.zip. Today was the first day I've seen your official map waypoints (or at least most of them), and they rock!! cs_office is soo great, and the other ones I looked at are good as well. The only ones where not everything was perfect were cs_havana (like PMB said) and cs_assault (like you said yourself). I didn't look at YOUR de_dust yet.
And, quite ironically, hours before I d/l'ed your WP pack, I finished my own as_tundra. Then I saw yours, and it seems we had quite similar ideas in many places. Remember that big arch-shaped rock behind the building where some T spawn points are? At the left side of the map, viewed from the CT perspective? I waypointed it in quite a similar way... But see yourself, I've posted it separately right here. Maybe you'll like it. And I created 612 nodes, not 800, btw Some neat jumps, and all rocks & cliffs waypointed. Watch the jump connections going out from the wall in front of that T building I already mentioned...
I agree with you that it would be ideal to include your official map WPs in PMB's Podbot pack - it's a quick solution, and a damn good one, too. Maybe we should take Xtender's cs_havana WP; it looks very good for a start. As for as_tundra, I think mine's better than Count Floyd's old one, but I dunno if it's better than yours...?? Well, just look at it and let me know what you think. Of course you also have my full permission to change anything you like!

Oh, one more thing: As soon as Austin PM's me where he put it up for download, my custom map WP pack (1st part at least) will be available - any feedback appreciated...

And one more: I'll test yor piranesi and chateau tomorrow as soon as I have some time on my hands...
Attached Files
File Type: zip pb_wp_as_tundra.zip (20.9 KB, 283 views)

Old
  (#17)
Austin

Default Re: Very High Quality Waypoints (Pro Waypoints)? - 25-03-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by >BKA< T Wrecks
Oh, one more thing: As soon as Austin PM's me where he put it up for download, my custom map WP pack (1st part at least) will be available - any feedback appreciated...
BKA, I posted those wp to my site and sent you a reply via email about 5 minutes after you sent them last night! Did my reply make it into the spam bin?

Here are the links:
The wps you sent last night:
http://http://austinbots.com/waypoin...ntpack_pt1.zip

SoUlFaThEr's waypoints and pxp files from my bot server, for most of the standard maps.
http://http://austinbots.com/waypoints/sfwp.zip

Wow, finally we are getting the WP mess sorted out.

Once we have the standard maps, it would be nice to have a map review of the best custom maps that play really well with bots.

>EDIT<
BKA< T Wrecks, that is exactly what I meant by reviewing maps for bot play.
Some maps look wonderful and play lousy with bots.

Last edited by Austin; 25-03-2004 at 01:36..

Old
  (#18)
SoUlFaThEr

i am already finished with de_dust new bot fix. and i fixed my as_tundra as well......

next will be my havana

im checkin your tundra T-Wrecks got me interested knowing we were almost the same on it

Austin said : Once we have the standard maps, it would be nice to have a map review of the best custom maps that play really well with bots.

what dio you mean?

Last edited by SoUlFaThEr; 25-03-2004 at 00:17..

Old
  (#19)
>BKA< T Wrecks

@ Austin: Stupid, stupid, stupid *slapping myself* I thought I had given you the other addy and didn't look into the right inbox... arrrgh! >

Thank you for hosting my WPs; I really, really appreciate your help! Good man! Will open a thread in ten minutes...

@ SoUlFaThEr: I think he meant a sort of list or maybe even a web page where custom maps are listed and reviewed according to their playability (does this word exist?) with bots. This way, ppl interested in bots could have a look at the map reviews, and when they see that cs_xyz is a great-looking map, but unplayable with bots, they won't d/l it in vain! I've sent you a PM...

Old
  (#20)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

guys, you are highly motivated, it's a damn good thing. If you come up with important information or documentation about waypointing, consider contributing to the wiki

I will have a new release of this bot ready soon. SoUlFaThEr pointed me a buying bug, and I will also increase the danger value the bots add to a waypoint when they are killed, this will make the A* pathfinder choose different paths more easily (since it will discard the dangerous waypoint in the path search more easily).

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."