meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Half-Life and HL1 Mods
Half-Life and HL1 Mods Discuss about your favourites HL1 Mods here Half-Life

Finally done with 1.6
Old
  (#1)
op1e

Default Finally done with 1.6 - 05-01-2006

Yep, you read it right. I think I'm done. Ran it for the second time today on my new system and It just didnt run like it should. Glitchy, locks up. Done a dozen installs of CS and podbot/amxx and ever since an update last summer, STEAM just plane runs like crap. That and the fact that I didnt build this nutty rig to play an 8 year old game anyway. 20 bots and some plugins and even though my frames are at their ceiling of 100 its just not enjoyable to play. Recently gained an addiction to Joint Ops. Talk about bot fun. You can host lan or go online and play Coop with up to 64/150 people against up to 200 or so bots. Thats just sik. Plus being able to fly helicopters, drive tanks and jeeps, Dune buggies, dirt bikes. And Far Cry dont have nothing on the scenery in this game. The maps are scaled at like 50km or so. Imagine playing on a map 4x the size of Vice City. Much more fun than BF2 and you can play the maps by yourself if your brave and dont wanna go online. Check it out, its $20 for JO and the expansion pack. Anyway, I'm probably gonna throw my old Athlon 500 together and see how it hosts on a couple games. Maybe my server will live on even while I play other things.