.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Forge of Digital Worlds > Waypointing > POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format
POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format Waypoints for POD-Bot mm

Re: the 1.5/1.6 official waypoints are done
Old
  (#11)
SoUlFaThEr

Default Re: the 1.5/1.6 official waypoints are done - 01-04-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin
Here I will start the list:
Some are obvious but this is a list of everything we have so far that are custom maps we use and work very well with up to 28 bots on a team.
1) de_dust2
2) de_museum
3) de_deep6
4) cs_assault_upc
5) cs_robbery
6) de_tegea
custom map list with de_dust2 in it?? hehehe
deep 6 is crap dude.......compared to de_sampa or de_palais2k......and deep6 has those doors that bots dont use right if i remember correct, let alone all those really tight hallways where 29 bots are gonna be stuck on each other at every doorway!!

get de_sampa and de_palais2k in your list........de_karnak was another one of those great bot maps that i hacked for you......(added spawns and stuff)

i did museum once.....i think its another version tho........i also did upc and robbery......tegea ill have to look at.........

wasnt cs_robbery one of those wallmart syndrome things where it had so many versions that no one has the right one?...send me your version for the server please.

me likes these maps with bots:
de_sampa
de_palais2k
de_pandemonium
de_iced
de_karnak
de_belvaros
de_chiapas(perfect symetry...great for bots!)
de_bitterwine(sorry but the layout rules with bots)
de_bahrainv2(maybe with this new bot navigation)
de_legato
"rome21" is nice too with bots
cs_estate2k_b2
cs_industrywest(OMG what a map)
cs_rio(hacked cuz of hostage)

THOSE are maps i have waypointed at one time and found them to be especially fun with bots......how do i convince you on that? i have really spent much time on these particular maps......

i can easily repair all of them(repair? hehe) if you agree to use them.....

how soon is that 1.6 server running that you have(with this bot)???

IP again?

Last edited by SoUlFaThEr; 01-04-2004 at 01:38..

Old
  (#12)
Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoUlFaThEr
custom map list with de_dust2 in it?? hehehe
deep 6 is crap dude.......compared to de_sampa or de_palais2k......and deep6 has those doors that bots dont use right if i remember correct, let alone all those really tight hallways where 29 bots are gonna be stuck on each other at every doorway!!
Deep6 works great on my server. The bots open the big door really well and the one door to the right of the sub down the hall, they used to get stuck there really badly until I hacked the door making it slide into the wall instead of swinging open (func_door instead of func_door_rotatiing) and setting the door wait time very high so it stays open for a long time. THE MAP PLAYS AWSOME with bots on my server! They don't get stuck -anywhere now-
Quote:
wasnt cs_robbery one of those wallmart syndrome things where it had so many versions that no one has the right one?...send me your version for the server please.
Don't know about versions on robbery. I only had one and it works great with bots and no one ever had problems. You can get my 32 player version, with modified doors and two click installer! here: (a little later tonight)
austinbots.com/32PlayerMaps/cs_robbery.exe

Quote:
me likes these maps with bots:
de_sampa
de_palais2k
de_pandemonium
de_iced
de_karnak
de_belvaros
de_chiapas(perfect symetry...great for bots!)
de_bitterwine(sorry but the layout rules with bots)
de_bahrainv2(maybe with this new bot navigation)
de_legato
"rome21" is nice too with bots
cs_estate2k_b2
cs_industrywest(OMG what a map)
cs_rio(hacked cuz of hostage)
rio I hacked to fix the stuck hostage and you can get it here:
austinbots.com/maps/cs_rioHostageFix.zip

Quote:
THOSE are maps i have waypointed at one time and found them to be especially fun with bots......how do i convince you on that? i have really spent much time on these particular maps......

i can easily repair all of them(repair? hehe) if you agree to use them.....

how soon is that 1.6 server running that you have(with this bot)???

IP again?
1) You have convinced me! I am working on 32 player version of these tonight. Thanks for the map list!

Where can I get:
1) your existing wps for them for POD2.5?
2) your modified waypoints for pod 2.6?
Could you put a zip together?

In that email I said I was putting together a 1.5 server to run the new pod 2.6 and your new waypoints. I am still waiting for the 'beta" period for 1.6 to end before I waste any time with it. But I think I am getting close to setting up a server with it soon. I want to get a number of new maps and all the weirdness sorted out before setting up the 1.5 and pod 2.6 server.
I will email you the address soon.
Thanks!

(in say another month, I will check into setting up a 1.6 server.)

Last edited by Austin; 01-04-2004 at 02:50..

Old
  (#13)
SoUlFaThEr

ok deep6 it is.....i did that waypoint(along with rio) and cant find them......ill have to do them again 9_9 so they will take some time.

another map i forgot is de_manila........its a serious must!! its fast furious small and looks good!

de_manilav2 GO GO GO

ill put the zip together of the ones i have.....(make sure first)...and send it to you thru email...and ill tweek them as we go.......they arent shitty at all

yer site is funny......

Last edited by SoUlFaThEr; 01-04-2004 at 04:07..

Old
  (#14)
SoUlFaThEr

Default Re: the 1.5/1.6 official waypoints are done - 02-04-2004

waiting for cs_robbery still.......

Old
  (#15)
Austin

Quote:
waiting for cs_robbery still.......
Ok, get the map here:
http://austinbots.com/maps/cs_robbery.exe
and it is YOUR pwf I am using :-)
http://austinbots.com/maps/cs_robbery.pwf

This map has all the doors modified to slide open instead of swing open and they stay open for 30 seconds.

The bot never take the subway path to the hostages.

Thanks, this is a very bot palyable map and it look pretty good!

Old
  (#16)
SoUlFaThEr

thanks for the map ill be tweaking......got your cs_1337_ass_ault done(check your mail) and just did cs_penthouse......

Austin.....in pod back in shape thread(metamod forum).i placed a demo thats interesting for you........in cs_penthouse.......the vent entrance.....check that out........on page 32 i believe.....

um cs_penthouse2 is the same map........just fixed......no hostages are stuck like in this version.....(i bet you hacked em anyway hehehe)

Last edited by SoUlFaThEr; 02-04-2004 at 06:35..

Old
  (#17)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

-Concerning custom maps that are fun to play with bots: how about
cs_espana
cs_neighborhood
cs_storm
cs_tibet

de_biochem
de_centurion
de_heat
de_clan1_mill
de_clan2_fire
de_dawn
de_freightdeport
de_seaside
de_seaside2k
de_tiefgarage

Of course I can't tell how these maps perform with 28 bots on one side, but I really like them - and I have decent WPs for all of them on my HD - some already checked & fixed (all cs-maps except tibet, all de-maps apart from the last three ones), some new from scratch (cs_tibet) and some yet to check (logically, seaside(2k) and tiefgarage).

-@ SoUlFaThEr, concerning the official map WP pack: Looked at your as_tundra and cs_havana first... here's what I found:
as_tundra: First I thought this was MY file! Damn, you WP'ed this very similar to my style - amazing! But then, I slowly discovered the little differences. I waypointed some more areas, but very unimportant ones where bots are hardly to be seen, so no problem. However, I noticed one bug: Tell a bot to go to node #585, and then to #599. He'll have to cross that narrow "natural bridge" between the two large rocks in both directions - and in both directions, he'll fall down and hurt himself badly. Just replace the normal connections there with jumps, and everything should be fine. I did it that way, and it sure works.
cs_havana: Yes, that looks a lot better than the old one . Some amazing camp WPs at the ground floor. You just missed one place where bots could go, but once more not a very important one. Then there's one thing I'm not quite sure about: There's a one-way connection from the point where the jump onto that garden pavilion starts (#184) down into the garden (to #118 ) - was that on purpose? I didn't check it, but it looked like bots might get hurt when following this connection.
Then there's a point where there's a connection between two buildings by means of a board that's secured with railing-like bars on both sides, making it look a bit like a cage. You can't get out, but you can get in! There's a pipe leading to the roof nearby, if you go up that pipe and along the ledge, you can jump from one bar onto the next and finally over the last one into this "cage". But I suppose this doesn't work with bots, am I right (ladder bug, I'd guess)?

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Last edited by >BKA< T Wrecks; 02-04-2004 at 21:53..

Old
  (#18)
SoUlFaThEr

Default Re: the 1.5/1.6 official waypoints are done - 03-04-2004

good detective work.......ill see about that tundra thing.......

havana.......upon fixing yet again these camps spots everywhere for all these officials im finding some miner things like you mentioned(the 118 was erased today). i also added one more jump over to a thin wall to camp on.......found it today

ive been fixing up some ugly connections too on many.....i did 15 of the officials today......my shoulders and neck hurt like hell........gotta rest.....

biochem is really good and i waypointed it as well cuz i liked its look and layout!!! if he fixes the doors...and other gags that bots dont pay attetnions to.......isnt there something to blow so the T's can get in.......is my memory right?

Mark will have to ecide about any of these maps........you will have to fix ALL of them because sooner or later.....he will be running only this 2.6mm bot.......(presently running 2.5)

Last edited by SoUlFaThEr; 03-04-2004 at 03:30..

Old
  (#19)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

@de_biochem: Half right. Something just blows at round start, not much to be done. Bots don't need to do anything. And the doors are normal rotating doors, they work ok. Well, if you want to play that with 28 bots, you may want to change them to sliding doors. Fortunately, sliding doors match the looks of this level quite well.

@cs_havana: Yes, that sounds like you found the spot I meant. That little ledge at the side of one of the courtyards... (the one with the dry fountain, I think)

@fixing WPs... well, all that could be said about this has been said in PMB's "PODBot back into shape" thread...

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#20)
SoUlFaThEr

i think cs_neighborhood is also a good map...maybe......only saw it once and didnt play cuz no waypoints.....but it rings a bell as being good looking

i was once in biochem and the stuff didnt blow up so i never got in