.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Re: Metamod 1.7.1p8 and Amxmodx 1.6
Old
  (#11)
JayBaen

Default Re: Metamod 1.7.1p8 and Amxmodx 1.6 - 23-07-2004

Any access rights on the server are granted via SteamID and a mySQL backend, all of which work correctly without the Bots.

I want to remention that it's not only admins who have AmxX issues with the Bots, but normal clients as well. None of the functions of AmxX or its plugins function for generic client connections after the first round (unless they wait for a map change).

[I haven't had the chance to try switching around the loading order within the plugin.ini of metamod (as suggested by Pierre). I'm hesitant to comment much further until I try that.]

JB

Old
  (#12)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Metamod 1.7.1p8 and Amxmodx 1.6 - 23-07-2004

If I can ask You about one more test - if You can help us to recognize if this problem exists only on DS or also on listenserver. Can You setup all the same at Your own computer - this one You connect to play and can You start as a listenserver with bots , AMX X and other plugins You use? Of course - this time You need that unfortunaly dll I said You before. After setup the listenserver with all the same like You use on this DS - try to look if all plugins are working correctly or You have the same issues. If You will have the same problems I will ask You to send to me or sPlOrYgOn all these plugins to tests (we can test this only on listenserver ).

Old
  (#13)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Metamod 1.7.1p8 and Amxmodx 1.6 - 31-07-2004

OK - I got this error after some tests with two connected computers and CS1.5 and AMX X 0.16. Some HUD messages can't hit target client if he is specified in show_hudmessage after automatically kicking bot This client connected in the bot place has some problems with hudmessages and some other AMX X functions. Only these hudmessages (and client_print chat) are visible sent to all (id 0). The same problem is with welcome message (not visisble on that client connected computer). The problem is since build dated 2004.07.04 (dated 2004.07.03 is working OK with AMX X).
We will work with this...

[EDIT]
I found something at AMX X forum. Seems it can be not podbot2.6mm problem.

http://www.amxmodx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=6036#6036

[/EDIT]

Last edited by KWo; 31-07-2004 at 15:14..

Old
  (#14)
JayBaen

Default Re: Metamod 1.7.1p8 and Amxmodx 1.6 - 06-08-2004

You might be interested to know that I get the same sets of problems (noted above) when running with the latest version of AMX mod (v.99) and MetaMod 1.7.1.

So, it's not specifically related to AMXx.

battledomain.com - Game Servers for Game Admins

Old
  (#15)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: Metamod 1.7.1p8 and Amxmodx 1.6 - 06-08-2004

try something...

start a server normally (with bots + amx)

AMX should work

let the first map change happen

AMX should NOT work anymore

UNLOAD the bot plugin from the server console and let another map change happen

Does AMX work then ?

That will not solve your problem but that will help the developers to narrow down on it.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#16)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Metamod 1.7.1p8 and Amxmodx 1.6 - 09-08-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBaen
You might be interested to know that I get the same sets of problems (noted above) when running with the latest version of AMX mod (v.99) and MetaMod 1.7.1.

So, it's not specifically related to AMXx.
Yes - I tried also with AMX 0.9.8 and got the same wrong results with stats. But - what I saw during my latest tests:
1. Some stats from stats.amx or statsx.amx doesn't work at he player connected in the automatically kicked bot.
2. Some stats from miscstats.amx reported for example "[POD]Rambo (100) made a headshot on [P0D]Roger (100)" instead "KWo made a headshot..." (KWo joined team CT and Rambo wasn't in the game because of the auto-kick...)
3. After joining by me to CT in one test some T Bot was kicked and after this ATAC plugin was totally wrong with interpretation of TA and TK (because AMX or AMX X were thinked some T bot (this one kicked automatically at my joining) attaccked some CT bots).
4. I tried all of this with ClanMod and StatsMe and I didn't see any problem with registering a new player in the game by these plugins - all was working OK - all stats and functions were working OK.

All here described above (and something more) I reported to AMX X team by some PM. There is also some man from Poland (like me), so I think he will look at this problem once again . He even asked me about source code of podbot2.6mm, because he wanted know how in one frame we add/kick some bot at player joining/droping. Seems like exactly with this function AMX and AMX X have some problem, because there isn't correctly recognised connecting/droping a new player.

[EDIT]
If somebody is interested, there is available the new version of metamod (1.17.1p9). This is some non-official release. I don't know if we can recommend it or not - need some expert to say us something in this topic.
Use it for Your-own risk...

http://forums.unitedadmins.com/index...howtopic=39088

[/EDIT]

Last edited by KWo; 09-08-2004 at 23:51..

Old
  (#17)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Metamod 1.7.1p8 and Amxmodx 1.6 - 10-08-2004

Sorry for double posting, but I found something to our topic at other boards...
Look at these threads:

http://sturmbot.1dod.com/Forum/viewt...=96&highlight=

http://www.amxmodx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2437

I hope this will drive JayBaen that the problem described by him isn't podbot problem, but it's really AMX and AMX X problem.
I don't know if that fix showed in one of the link above really will solve the problem, but we have to wait for AMX X new release 0.20 (now they wrote a new date of the new release 14 aug 2004 - delayed because of the surprise by AMX 0.9.9 release...).

Last edited by KWo; 10-08-2004 at 22:16..

Old
  (#18)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Metamod 1.7.1p8 and Amxmodx 1.6 - 12-08-2004

OK - I'm multiposter, but too lazy to delete post and write it once again (c&p) with the new info (need this flag "something new here") .

@JayBaen - take dlls shown there (at second page):

http://djeyl.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=35992

disable all modules except to csstats_mm and fun_mm (all other won't work with this beta-test version) and try. Let us know if this fix Your problems or not. At my computers it works.
Good job made by AMX coder - dJeyL. Big thanks to him for colaboration!

Old
  (#19)
JayBaen

Default Re: Metamod 1.7.1p8 and Amxmodx 1.6 - 17-08-2004

By George ... I think we've got it!

Of course, I had to disable the mySQL module (for the moment) to get it to run, but it appears that the bots AND AMX are behaving normally (AMX.99 - Metamod 1.7.1). I may (or may not) try it with AMXX.

Thx for all the outstanding hunting on this Kw0 ... as another gent mentioned "I see you everywhere" ..

Metamod 1.7.2 and Amxmod 0.9.9
Old
  (#20)
JayBaen

Default Metamod 1.7.2 and Amxmod 0.9.9 - 28-08-2004

FYI ...

Still using the Developer Build of AMX (for our test) and MetaMod 1.7.2. No problems at all.

Still hoping the mySQL module gets updated along with the others for complete testing.

JB