.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > The Agora
The Agora This is the place to go if you have suggestions, or if you want to participate in Council discussions. Everyone is welcome!

Promote Bots-United - The JOIN! Program
Old
  (#1)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Thumbs up Promote Bots-United - The JOIN! Program - 08-07-2008

Bots-United is about bots. It is not about Half-Life, although originaly the founders of Bots-United wrote Half-Life bots. This thread is to share all communication that is , or has been going between you (the promotor) and the possible participant for BU.

In short; if you know a Bot Author , for any kind of game, do not hasitate to ask them to join Bots-United.

The more bots we gather, the more centralized things become. The more obvious BU would be the 'place to be' for Bots. Not only for programmers, but also for those who seek bots to play against.

You may post any kind of communication you had with a Bot Author, in , and about, the process of invitation. Even if a bot author rejects, which is a very valid thing to do, you may post that rejection to this thread.

Please use quote tags,
Quote:
like this
Also, try to be clear if it was on IM, PM, or E-mail.

If you quote anything, be sure if you include your, or their e-mail adress. If you are not sure, do NOT quote it.

I hope many may post here, and many may join! Together we are strong!

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Re: Promote Bots-United - The JOIN! Program
Old
  (#2)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: Promote Bots-United - The JOIN! Program - 08-07-2008

My contribution. I have had contact with the Author of the Hurricane bot (HL2 DM). He responded to my invitation like this:

Quote:
Hello Stefan.

Thanks for the invitation to participate to the Bot United forums. ^_^ The bot has been put on standby for a while (time is always a big issue) but be sure I'll come when I'll get time for the bot(s) again.

Regards,

Eric
I have asked him to share some information about his HL2 bot, specificaly about weapon info. I hope he has time, and has the will to send me some information about that , or pieces of source code.

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#3)
Whistler
Summoner

Default Re: Promote Bots-United - The JOIN! Program - 05-12-2009

well I'm not really familiar with new FPSes as I don't have a computer which is powerful enough to run any new FPSes, however after some time of google search with the list here it seems I can't find active bot projects for new FPSes (either the game has integrated bots in itself, or no mod SDK is provided which makes development of bots impossible).

it's really a pity that we failed to attract new members/projects to join when old projects are dying

----
EDIT: I'm not sure how this bot is going: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pezbot , someone who has the game should check it out and see if it should be invited

Last edited by Whistler; 12-12-2009 at 09:47..

Old
  (#4)
mirv
Super Moderator

Default Re: Promote Bots-United - The JOIN! Program - 06-12-2009

Well I'm still plugging away at my little game engine and editor (when I can...it turns out that being an embedded software developer doesn't leave the brain in good condition for game programming at the end of each day). Hoping to put bots into it one day - a bit something new for people to delve into.

mirv the Silly Fish.

Old
  (#5)
Whistler
Summoner

Default Re: Promote Bots-United - The JOIN! Program - 07-12-2009

looks like I'm already a little late about the pezbot thing as that bot already existed for almost a year...

still though, I'm a little bit in doubt that bots still have much ground nowadays as most of the people have good and cheap Internet connection now, and as far as I've seen CS bots are used more in online servers to fill the space when no enough players are around than playing offline

@mirv: nice to see someone still around here

Last edited by Whistler; 07-12-2009 at 14:33..

Old
  (#6)
mirv
Super Moderator

Default Re: Promote Bots-United - The JOIN! Program - 07-12-2009

I normally check every day - just that I'm a lurker by habit.

But you're right I think - with the move of most games to fully online, and better internet access for all, using bots in multiplayer is likely to be just as filler, but I think that just makes it all the more important to have good bots. Of course, what I think doesn't necessarily translate to what the world thinks (quite sure it doesn't).

mirv the Silly Fish.