.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Common Questions
Common Questions Are you seeking help ? Get it here !

Random Skill + Overall Impression
Old
  (#1)
Ree

Default Random Skill + Overall Impression - 28-03-2005

Hello everyone, I'm new here, have a question. If server fill command is selected to add random skill bots, is this 'random' selected from the range of bot min and max skills specified in podbot.cfg or is it completely random (1-100 levels)? I could probably test this myself, but I thought I could ask here as well.

I've been using original Podbot 2.5 for quite some time and was happy with it. I've just tried podbot mm and noticed some nice improvements such as humanlike movement and turning. However, podbot mm seems to be less agressive and less tough compared to original. Bots seem to fire much less, and are pretty easy to kill, they react slower. I've tred mm ~5 times only, on advanced and pro levels. Advanced was no fun at all, pro wasn't that pro either (I tried camping a bit, that made things even easier which isn't good, well, original podbot didn't do well here either). Original podbot sometimes used to kick my butt a lot leaving me thinking how the hell did he pwn me so bad, which actually was fun. Also mm bots don't seem to suffer from weapon kick (crosshair staying in the same place upon continuous firing), which is weird imo (would like some confirmation on this). So if my first impression is right, what are the ways to make mm bots tougher (no inhumanturns please)?

Re: Random Skill + Overall Impression
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Random Skill + Overall Impression - 28-03-2005

If I remember good - it's random from min/max skill writen in podbot.cfg , but...Unfortunally for fillserver this parameter is taken once - so it means all bots added by fillserver have the same skill (this random is calculated once - before calling the function of creating bots table). For me - as a normal user - it's a bug (every bot should have its own randomly based skill), but for coders here it's how the function creating bot table works and they don't see the reason to change (fix) it.