.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Half-Life 2, Source and Source Games
Half-Life 2, Source and Source Games Discuss about Valve's new FPS game and its mods here Half-Life 2

Pirates, Vikings and Knights II out!
Old
  (#1)
Akz
Creator of GrogBot

Default Pirates, Vikings and Knights II out! - 03-01-2007

Hey, how's it going around here? I haven't posted much here lately, but I had to come by to advertise the mod I've been working on

The first beta version of Pirates, Vikings and Knights II was released a few days ago. It is a sequel to the original Half-Life 1 multiplayer mod, but now on the much better looking Source engine. The players can choose between 3 unique teams which all have their advantages and weaknesses. Right now there is one player class per team, the weak but fast Skirmisher for pirates, the powerful raging Berserker viking, and the Heavy Knight who has the heaviest armor and the biggest sword in the game, but obviously the slowest walking speed. More classes will be added in later releases, so keep an eye on us!

As the mod mainly focuses on melee combat, we have tried to make the mod interesting by extending the original hack n' slash melee system by features such as directional attacks, blocking and stunning. Most of the classic gamemodes are there, such as Booty where you have to steal treasure chests and bring them to your base, something you certainly haven't seen in other mods!

Can't wait to work on the bots for this game, but sadly the gameplay features come first!

Check the mod out at http://www.pvkii.com and please tell me your opinion about it!

GrogBot - A bot for Pirates, Vikings and Knights HL modification.

http://grogbot.bots-united.com

Re: Pirates, Vikings and Knights II out!
Old
  (#2)
jeefo
путинхуйлоебаное

Default Re: Pirates, Vikings and Knights II out! - 14-01-2007

Game looks pretty good, but all servers i find have to big ping to play, so i can't test it deeply , so yea game needs some bots

BTW Good work!

Old
  (#3)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: Pirates, Vikings and Knights II out! - 30-01-2007

Heyyo,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akz View Post
Hey, how's it going around here? I haven't posted much here lately, but I had to come by to advertise the mod I've been working on

The first beta version of Pirates, Vikings and Knights II was released a few days ago. It is a sequel to the original Half-Life 1 multiplayer mod, but now on the much better looking Source engine. The players can choose between 3 unique teams which all have their advantages and weaknesses. Right now there is one player class per team, the weak but fast Skirmisher for pirates, the powerful raging Berserker viking, and the Heavy Knight who has the heaviest armor and the biggest sword in the game, but obviously the slowest walking speed. More classes will be added in later releases, so keep an eye on us!

As the mod mainly focuses on melee combat, we have tried to make the mod interesting by extending the original hack n' slash melee system by features such as directional attacks, blocking and stunning. Most of the classic gamemodes are there, such as Booty where you have to steal treasure chests and bring them to your base, something you certainly haven't seen in other mods!

Can't wait to work on the bots for this game, but sadly the gameplay features come first!

Check the mod out at http://www.pvkii.com and please tell me your opinion about it!
Pwnage. I've been playing it a lot and am loving it man.

Your bots are murdering little punks, can't wait to see your creations for PVKii

btw, beta v1.1 has definately helped me out as I was going insane from the rediculous amounts of TNT whroing and those damn team chest-stealers.... redemption is now, and I am happy.

Oh, I also posted about this mod in the PurePwnage forums (I'mma moddie there, and made the PP EP12 credits! ! so I've been busy on that forums and not frequenting this one as much....) and I've gotten quite a couple of forum members into the mod. I'll post that there's a chance of bots in the future!

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#4)
Akz
Creator of GrogBot

Default Re: Pirates, Vikings and Knights II out! - 30-01-2007

Thanks! Good to hear you like it
Don't get your hopes up for bots in the near future yet though, there is so much to do before I'll have time to start working on the less essential features

Old
  (#5)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: Pirates, Vikings and Knights II out! - 31-01-2007

Heyyo,

Quote:
Thanks! Good to hear you like it
Don't get your hopes up for bots in the near future yet though, there is so much to do before I'll have time to start working on the less essential features
Saddness overcomes me... bots less essential?

Lol, totally understandable. I'm just glad you guys are doing the mod right.

I know this will be annoying of me of asking.. but how far off are we from seeing the other classes in the game?

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#6)
Akz
Creator of GrogBot

Haha don't worry, bots will come sooner or later. I loved working on GrogBot, and with all the AI coding experience I've gained since, it's successor will be at least 10 times better

Each major release will add one new class for each team: Pirate Captain, Huscarl (former Axe Viking) and Knights' Archer are next in line. It's hard to give any estimates for the next release yet, but we're working hard to get the rest of the classes in as soon as possible.

Old
  (#7)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

Quote:
Haha don't worry, bots will come sooner or later. I loved working on GrogBot, and with all the AI coding experience I've gained since, it's successor will be at least 10 times better

Each major release will add one new class for each team: Pirate Captain, Huscarl (former Axe Viking) and Knights' Archer are next in line. It's hard to give any estimates for the next release yet, but we're working hard to get the rest of the classes in as soon as possible.
Pwnage stuff. This is seriously my fav Source Engine mod, can't wait for the future releases. That new gamemode planned with killing the dragon sounds epic too! I'll be eagerly awaiting it.

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#8)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: Pirates, Vikings and Knights II out! - 02-02-2007

Heyyo,

Ack... can't edit above message? oh well..

check out this xfire thread I made akz, we're requesting xfire support for PVKii and I made a custom entry in xfire_games.ini so that xfire ingame im works!

http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?...=913464#913464

Quote:
Originally Posted by mard
Heyyo,

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpthotshot
Ok please support this for in-game xfire it is a new mod for Half-life 2

ITS AMAZING PLEASE SUPPORT!!

Game website

http://www.pvkii.com/
Indeed! I already made a custom entry in my xfire_games.ini and it works fine guys!

Here it is:

for...
Code:
[4357]
LongName=Half-Life 2
ShortName=hl2
LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam\InstallPath
LauncherExe=steam.exe
DetectExe=SteamApps\*\half-life 2\HL2.exe
CommandLineMustNotContain[0]="\sourcemods\planofattack"
CommandLineMustNotContain[1]="\sourcemods\hl2substance"
CommandLineMustNotContain[2]="\sourcemods\gmod"
CommandLineMustNotContain[3]="\sourcemods\dystopia"
CommandLineMustNotContain[4]="\sourcemods\hidden"
CommandLineMustNotContain[5]="\SourceMods\Goldeneye"
CommandLineMustNotContain[6]="\SourceMods\empires"
CommandLineMustNotContain[7]="\SourceMods\kzmod"
add this after it....

Code:
CommandLineMustNotContain[8]="\SourceMods\pvkii"
and then at the bottom of the file...

Code:
[1097]
LongName=Pirates Vikings and Knights 2
ShortName=pvkii
LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam\InstallPath
LauncherExe=steam.exe
DetectExe=SteamApps\*\source sdk base\HL2.exe
CommandLineMustContain[0]="\SourceMods\pvkii"
InstallHint=steamapps\SourceMods\pvkii\resource\pvkii_english.txt
LauncherPasswordArgs=+password %UA_GAME_HOST_PASSWORD%
LauncherNetworkArgs="%UA_LAUNCHER_PASSWORD_ARGS% +connect %UA_GAME_HOST_NAME%:%UA_GAME_HOST_PORT%"
Launch=%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH% -applaunch 215 -game "%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_DIR%\steamapps\sourcemods\pvkii" %UA_LAUNCHER_EXTRA_ARGS% %UA_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS%
ServerStatusType=SOURCE
ServerGameName=Pirates, Vikings and Knights II
ServerBroadcastPort=27015:6,4242
ServerEncodingType=UTF8
InGameRenderer=D3D9
ChangeTolerance=6
Works for me!

Check out this screeny of it working for xfire ingame chat

so all they really have to do, is change the gameid to what they like, and then get the pvkii icon, and then an entry on however they record gametime, and I've done the detection part for them.

Rock Hound. (<Link)