.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding
Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding Where the official development happens

Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^
Old
  (#171)
Immortal_BLG

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 27-02-2008

Looks excellently, but I have found a little bugs, 1) playing on csdm, sometimes it happens, that bot after murder of the opponent at once begins reload, though at him(it) in clip 25 of 30 cartridge and so can repeat some times. 2) Bots still run at shooting, please make, that they also ran, but on "SHIFT". 3) has noticed, that bots sometimes get grenades, even already seeing an enemy. Sorry, sorry for bad eng.

Old
  (#172)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 27-02-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal_BLG View Post
Looks excellently, but I have found a little bugs,
1) playing on csdm, sometimes it happens, that bot after murder of the opponent at once begins reload, though at him(it) in clip 25 of 30 cartridge and so can repeat some times.
They don't know You have ammo refill on... They are reloading always when they can see such possibility (no enemy nearby).
Quote:
2) Bots still run at shooting, please make, that they also ran, but on "SHIFT".
If they run slower they are a better target for enemies. I have tested that with yapb vs pb mm and it looks like yapb has more problem to hit pb mm when pb mm are running. That's why I prefer it so.
Quote:
3) has noticed, that bots sometimes get grenades, even already seeing an enemy. Sorry, sorry for bad eng.
They are using the nades even if they can see the enemy, but they start to use them if the enemy is not aiming at them (the enemy is looking or aiming somewhere else).
Of course it may happen the enemy can notice the bot trying to throw a nade (so it's very easy to hit it then) but I think it's not a bug.

Old
  (#173)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 06-03-2008

KWo, how do I have to test previous beta-releases when there not available?
I mean, I can download V3B18c and I can download V3B19d but when I click "for example" on V3B18f, I get the page of V3B19d from the filebase.
I want to test when this "shaking at high skill" started but can only download latest fullpack and latest beta.
Can you give me all versions between? ( only podbot_mm.dll and podbot.cfg for each version )

Old
  (#174)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 06-03-2008

Yeah - it always points to the latest beta, to prevent have too many files there in the filebase. Just please test for now V3B19d and tell me what You can see there wrong...

Old
  (#175)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 07-03-2008

Ok, still want to say that I can't test everything of it.
For example I can test them on windows system and also only on a dedicated server.
So other systems and server-types has to be tested by other users.
Also I don't use any mods like amx x, chickenmod, csdm2, etc ( only use metamod but otherwise podbot won't work )
So if a podbot-beta-release has problems with programs or mods not used by me, you'll have to read the bugs from other people.
I actually test the bots themselves rather then the combination of podbotrelease versus systems/mods/servers.

Old
  (#176)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 08-03-2008

OK - please just do tests which are possible for You to do.

Old
  (#177)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 11-03-2008

I played the latest release ( V3B19d ) and I can't find any "big" bugs so far.
The shaking is not all gone but still there a bit.
For the rest they can do all other stuff like planting, defusing, walk true shafts ( while ducking ) rescue hostages, climb ladders, buy and reload weapons etc etc.
Although I've had a problem while I was playing on de_train ( a standard map so normally those waypoints should be allright )
The bomb was planted underneeth a train-set, all T's were dead and 2 CT's alive.
They got to the bombsite pretty quick but when they were trying to reach the bomb for defuse, they just couldn't reach it.
They were standing up the train-set ( aiming at the bomb's location under the train-set ), they got off, they walked up and down, they tried again; that for multiple times till there wasn't enough time left to defuse anymore so they ran away to stay alive.
Same game, now the bomb was planted at the other bombsite and on the train-set, all T's dead again, guess 3 CT's were left and present around the bombsite, none of them managed to climb/jump onto the platform where the bomb was planted. ( They had plenty of time for a defuse even without a kit )
Any ideas what that can be?
I think it's rather occasional than a bug but those things shouldn't happen.

Old
  (#178)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 12-03-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0Rp View Post
The shaking is not all gone but still there a bit.
Could You narrow for me the situation when it happens?

I'll take a look how they are acting at de_train.

Old
  (#179)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 13-03-2008

I've played the train again but now against 1 bot.
I went T and planted the bomb everytime under the train-set.
Then I got myself killed by the bot so there wasn't priority danger of other enemy bots for the CT, and he succesfully defused it.
So it could happen now and then but it's possible for the bot to defuse such located bombs.
I consider this as solved.

About the shaking, all I can tell is that the higher his skill is; the more he shakes.
A bot with high skill will aim at the head, but the head is a small bodypart.
He moves his crosshair from left to right, when his crosshair moves too far away from the head, he moves the direction of the aiming the other way; till his crosshair again is too far from the bodypart he was aiming at, etc etc.
It happens pretty quick so it looks like his crosshair is shaking ( kinda moving like a sticky wasp around a human head )
With that quick moving from left to right and from right to left, it also moves a bit up and down.
While the whole shaking thing is happening he also fires while doing that, so it causes that 50% of the bullets are not impacts.
In previous releases ( when the bug wasn't present ) you could see that a bot with skill 100 had his crosshair "sticked" at the head of his enemy.
When the enemy moved, the bot hadn't got any problem of following that head through the enemy's movement ( while the enemy was moving the bot got his crosshair "locked" to the enemy's head for the full 100% of the time that he was aiming; even when the enemy made sudden strange movements )
Now a bot with 100% buzzes around the head rather than "sticks" at the head.

Old
  (#180)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 13-03-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0Rp View Post
When the enemy moved, the bot hadn't got any problem of following that head through the enemy's movement ( while the enemy was moving the bot got his crosshair "locked" to the enemy's head for the full 100% of the time that he was aiming; even when the enemy made sudden strange movements )
Now a bot with 100% buzzes around the head rather than "sticks" at the head.
Don't You think it's more human-like now?