meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Half-Life and HL1 Mods
Half-Life and HL1 Mods Discuss about your favourites HL1 Mods here Half-Life

Re: stop WON authentication
Old
  (#11)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: stop WON authentication - 20-01-2004

maybe its just me but i think i posted that i made the game through a shortcut instead of clicking on Create game in the LAN Game area in the Counter-Strike menu.
now my shortcut looks like this:
C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -game cstrike +maxplayers 16 +map de_aztec +sv_lan 1

Old
  (#12)
Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sPlOrYgOn
maybe its just me but i think i posted that i made the game through a shortcut instead of clicking on Create game in the LAN Game area in the Counter-Strike menu.
now my shortcut looks like this:
C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -game cstrike +maxplayers 16 +map de_aztec +sv_lan 1
Are you still connected to the internet? I would guess so since I believe CS will still connect to the won server with these parameters, it just doesn't auth and your LAN party will show up to the world, but no one will be able to connect. They get the restricted to local clients message.

If you add this parameter -nomaster
I believe it will not even try to connect to won, and you can play LAN games "without anyone else knowing about it." Your game will not show up in the list of servers refreshed from the WON servers.

And as far as terms go you can use the same cd-key to play as many lan clients as you like.

edit:
PM
Thanks for the infor. I thought it was unlimited.
Good to know. tho.

Last edited by Austin; 21-01-2004 at 06:47..

Old
  (#13)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin
And as far as terms go you can use the same cd-key to play as many lan clients as you like.
Actually this is not true, if all your clients use the same CD-key you will only allow 4 clients or so in your LAN game, not more, the 5th client will be refused connection.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#14)
A$$A$$IN

Default Re: stop WON authentication - 21-01-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre-Marie Baty
Actually this is not true, if all your clients use the same CD-key you will only allow 4 clients or so in your LAN game, not more, the 5th client will be refused connection.
I have found this to be true. After the 4th client you need another CD key, which will work for another 4 clients, and so on. I've set up 8-man LAN games with 2 CD keys.

Old
  (#15)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: stop WON authentication - 21-01-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin
Are you still connected to the internet? I would guess so since I believe CS will still connect to the won server with these parameters, it just doesn't auth and your LAN party will show up to the world, but no one will be able to connect. They get the restricted to local clients message.

If you add this parameter -nomaster
I believe it will not even try to connect to won, and you can play LAN games "without anyone else knowing about it." Your game will not show up in the list of servers refreshed from the WON servers.

oh well don't really care if its listed or not just as long as i can play with my friends that come over and my brother