.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > The Agora
The Agora This is the place to go if you have suggestions, or if you want to participate in Council discussions. Everyone is welcome!

Bots and Source
Old
  (#1)
nankura

Default Bots and Source - 11-07-2010

Hey guys

ok my question is basic. has there been a bot developed yet that defeats the bots of source

Basically. most bots are either to easy. dont work 100%. or to hard ( aka cheat ) and do silly things. the bots on source are ok generally. but lack what most css players are after

Ive been a css player for australia for many years. ive reached high levels. and been at that level. i know what i want out of a bot

And what i would like to see is a "clanbot" one that doesnt cheat, isnt to easy. and communicates like a clan and acts like a clan so that people can improve

If someone took the css bot as it is now and did some heavy coding and modifications, its very possable. they can use the mic to communicate or commands, they can camp, hold a position. etc rotate

it would be great to see them using "strategy" and "strategic placement" pre-nading, flashing, etc

and i think the coders at bots united could do such a project if they all got together and made the "ultimate" bot

Re: Bots and Source
Old
  (#2)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Default Re: Bots and Source - 11-07-2010

So far all I know is that Hurricane bot and RCBot 2 work on CSS, but are not 100% done and do not fight well.
I suppose if the bot developers had more people to help and more time, a bot could be made quickly and start fixing bugs and add features right away.

But last I knew RCBot 2 was the only bot project for CSS to still be in (slow) development.

There isn't a bot for CS 1.6 that works the way you described. The only bots that maybe do half of those things, and they are split up between e[POD]Bot, YaPB 2.55 and PodBot MM.

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]