.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

v3B22 Crouch or Stand bug? bot.cpp:6860
Old
  (#1)
EatingPizza

Default v3B22 Crouch or Stand bug? bot.cpp:6860 - 02-04-2014

Hello,

Fresh meat!! (please be kind)

Looking at bot.cpp:6860, in the check for Radius value (Radius < 32), shouldn't that be greater than 32? The goal being to only crouch at waypoints with large radii so that other bots can easily pass by (i.e. not block narrow pathways).

Thanks!!

Re: v3B22 Crouch or Stand bug? bot.cpp:6860
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: v3B22 Crouch or Stand bug? bot.cpp:6860 - 03-04-2014

You have to know I'm only the currently maintaning the code (not the original author of the whole code). I have checked and that line was like that there also in the original sources I've got. So the question should be directed to the original author why did he want to limit waypoint to crouch at cover position only to those with radii less than 32? Maybe because such waypoints have really radii 16 or 0 (You can't place waypoint with radius 31) - so that means these waypoints have a better chance to be more close to some obstacle, wall and so on, so they are more predestinated to be cover waypoints. This is how I understand it - thus I don't see the problem there in the code.

Re: v3B22 Crouch or Stand bug? bot.cpp:6860
Old
  (#3)
EatingPizza

Default Re: v3B22 Crouch or Stand bug? bot.cpp:6860 - 03-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
You have to know I'm only the currently maintaning the code (not the original author of the whole code). I have checked and that line was like that there also in the original sources I've got. So the question should be directed to the original author why did he want to limit waypoint to crouch at cover position only to those with radii less than 32? Maybe because such waypoints have really radii 16 or 0 (You can't place waypoint with radius 31) - so that means these waypoints have a better chance to be more close to some obstacle, wall and so on, so they are more predestinated to be cover waypoints. This is how I understand it - thus I don't see the problem there in the code.
Interesting thoughts KWo, Thank you. I think I am going to change it so that "auto crouching " is just not done on my servers. The chief problem being the bots crouching and blocking small (radius = 32) hallways and vents. Further, this change will just limit bots to pre-defined crouch points.