.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding
Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding Where the official development happens

Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^
Old
  (#181)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 13-03-2008

No, the buzzing crosshair moves that fast, that it isn't human like.
Try and play for yourself, go spectate and let bots of skill 100 play against each other.
Take first person view of any bot and experience all-time earthquake battle while aiming.
I don't think it's supposed to be like this although it's more human than before the bug.

Old
  (#182)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 17-03-2008

A little update after playing more and longer with the latest version:
1) Bots indeed are tougher than before
2) They throw smoke grenades and flashbangs ; they veeeeery rarely did that in previous versions.
Now they do it pretty often.
Although they throw flashbangs in strange directions, but I know it's hard to code that sufficient. Smoke grenades are aimed better.
3) There's really a great improvement of the unstuck code. Bots still get sticked up each other but they are unstuck much quicker
4) They duck more when you face them on surprise.
5) CT-bots sometimes just rush in a bombsite after the bomb is planted and try to defuse while the place is covered with T's.

That's it, I can't come up to other experienced things right now.

Old
  (#183)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 17-03-2008

The flashbangs are thrown into corridors - to eventually affect an the camping or not seen enemy there.

Old
  (#184)
ProRaiL

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 18-03-2008

Keep up good work! I like to play with bots, but I have some "problems":
1) Why are bots so weak? On the 100 skill they can't make any problems as zbot or yapb do (I made matches zbot against yapb and they almost equal, but in some situations yapb win, in some zbot, while podbot lost to zbot completely ). Maybe you can give any advice to improve their skills.
2) Your moving-while-shooting code a bit wrong, while they begin to rush you directly rather than strafing right or left (I hope you can do that, it will improve their hardness very well).
3) Don't remember exactly, but my advice to remove their "chance to go to wrong bombplace" while it planted, because it makes them loose in very stupid way. Also they can sometimes run from a bomb while they think it's gonna explode soon, when they have defuse and have time to do their work.
4) Add "bomb holding" while it dropped from dead terrorist.

P.S. yes it's not easy maybe, but possible.

Old
  (#185)
ProRaiL

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 18-03-2008

also by viewing this demo: http://prl.jino-net.ru/POV.zip
you'll see strange bug happening to me which is awfully lags server in the beginning of the round while I run this bot (even if I turn of amx mod and booster). Metamod version 1.19p31

Old
  (#186)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 28-03-2008

Another little update:
1) When a bot faces more than one enemy at once in narrow places ( perticular enemy bots behind and in front of him ), he starts to aim at the ceiling and the ground instead of the enemies ( not always ).
2) They pretty often pick up weaker weapons than those they are carrying.
( example: bot picks up a mp5 when he just started the round with a ak47 )
Maybe the bot ran out of bullets cause they don't always buy primary ammo, that's kinda shitty to find out cause you can't see those functions in spectator mode.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old
  (#187)
ProRaiL

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 28-03-2008

also better make them to buy weapons on their own decide, it's kinda stupid when they're all buy deagles and running low on ammo
so better if they stay with their default ones

Old
  (#188)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 12-04-2008

New beta update - V3B19e

+Added invisibility check, soif the player is invisible, the bot cannot see him (at least until invisible player is starting to shoot at him - then - he can see the fire from his gun, so he is trying to answer with fireing at that direction).
+Added affecting by darkness (thanks to PMB and his RACC code) - same like above - if in dark room the enemy is starting to fire at the bot, so he can see the fire from the enemy's gun - then the bot is fireing at that direction, too.
+Expressed the pb_detailnames cvar meaning (0 - no skill and no [POD] prefix, 1 - skill as sufix and [POD], [P*D] and [P0D] prefixes added to the name; 2 - only the prefix is added to the name (no skill as the sufix added); 3 - only the skill sufix is added (no [POD] tags added).
+Added pb_maxcamptime cvar (default 30) - the maximum time You allow the bot camping in one place - after that time it has to go to another place.
+Fixed problem with reloading the weapon at the round start.
+Added - if the bot has less money than 900, sometimes they will try to save the money by not buying any weapon (only ammo and other stuff).
+Changed - reverted back - the bot is taking care about the closest sound instead of the most loud one.
+Fixed - if there is no enemy nearby and the bot is going to pass the door, the bot is facing the door to open them in the right direction.
+Fixed - when the bot is turned into the chicken (ChickenMod), it is now able to pickup hostages and defuse the bomb.

Please test and write some Your thoughts / observations.

Last edited by KWo; 13-04-2008 at 10:24..

Old
  (#189)
addam

Hi guys,

V3B19e compiled with gcc3 is here.

Tested on Debian 3.0 rc5.

91.82.85.31 - Mirage CS 1.6 | FAST DL | SB Guardian | www.nihil.hu

Old
  (#190)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

First thanks for adding the sufix and prefix options!
Also a good idea about that pb_maxcamptime ( can be quite handy in some situations )

Still a few questions:
-The darkness affecting; does it mean that now a bot can't see you in the dark unless you are firing? ( if yes, what is a dark room for the bot?; pitch black, very dark, normal dark, light dark)
-Bots with less than 900, will they not even buy secondary ammo or better secondary weapon + corresponding ammo.

p.s.: Can you insert a function so that bots buy better weapons if they have the money for it? Now a bot with mp5 will continue to play with mp5 round after round as long as he is not killed or as long as he doesn't pick another weapon from the ground, even if he has enough money to buy a better weapon.
I have never seen a bot buy a weapon if he already carries any other primary weapon at the start of a new round.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]