.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Forge of Digital Worlds > Waypointing > POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format
POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format Waypoints for POD-Bot mm

How do you make waypoints for PODBOTS???
Old
  (#1)
TimDaKilla20

Default How do you make waypoints for PODBOTS??? - 20-05-2012

Hello, my name is TimDaKilla20 (Timothy) i am new here but i have 1 question. How do you make waypoints for PODBOTS??? I have Counter-Strike 1.6 (CRACKED STEAM). I looked everywhere on the internet but i just can't find it. I found 1 that tells me 2 type in "pb wpmenu" in the console but when i do it says not found. So please help me!!!!! I realy wanna play on my custom map but when i do play it with my friend he keeps telling me 2 add bots but i CAN'T.

Re: How do you make waypoints for PODBOTS???
Old
  (#2)
madmax2
RCbot Waypointers Group

Default Re: How do you make waypoints for PODBOTS??? - 24-05-2012

Hi TimDaKilla20,

Welcome,

I'm a new member here too. I don't waypoint with podbot but have with several other bots. I have a very old (10 years) install of podbot 2.5 still on my hard drive. I just verified they still work!

With most bots, if they are installed correctly, you can enter a map that you know has a waypoint file, say de_dust.pwf, bring up the console ~, and type "waypoint on". Waypoints should become visible if the bot is installed & compatable with the version of counterstrike you are running. In podbot 2.5, after waypoints are visible, you would type "waypoint add" to bring up a waypoint menu, this is a little different than other bots I have used.

I assume you are trying to use a newer podbot, such as podbot_mm or epb, the commands could be different, but the idea is the same. Which podbot variant/version are you trying to use? More details might help?

Most waypointers waypoint on a listenserver, not a dedicated server, which can complicate access to the waypointing functions with access permissions and passwords, etc. So install the bots on you're client PC and waypoint on that.

You might try just wpmenu without the PB prefix. Some bots require you to be standing on or near a waypoint for the menus to work, so you might try placing a few waypoints with the console commands first ("waypoint add" or "wp add" may work, there should be sound feedback if you have your speakers on, if it's working).

Once you have verified it is working, you may want to bind some of the waypointing commands to keys that will make it faster than using menu's. (such as waypoint add, waypoint delete etc...)

I don't know which podbot version you are using, so the commands I am using for examples may not be correct, or you may not have the bot installed correctly, i just don't know?

Try using the search function, the answer is probably allready here. I searched on "PB wpmenu", and found this thread that may help you:

http://forums.bots-united.com/showth...ghlight=wpmenu

There were many other threads from the search, so you may want to try it yourself, if this doesn't answer your question?

Good Luck,
Madmax2

Old
  (#3)
madmax2
RCbot Waypointers Group

Default Re: How do you make waypoints for PODBOTS??? - 25-05-2012

If I understand what you were asking correctly, it sounds like you want to waypoint a map that you made yourself?

So I downloaded podbotmm today & took a look at the documentation and need to correct a couple things from my first post. Even though what I said is generally correct for many bots, some doesn't apply to podbotmm (since this is the podbotmm thread, duh).

The "waypoint on" or "waypoint add" commands/cvars probably won't work with this bot. This bot uses an advanced menu system, and the key binds would be totally different than what I suggested.

"pb wpmenu" does seem to be the correct command to bring up the waypointing menu. According to the docs, you do need to be running the bot on a listenserver (not dedicated) to use the waypoint menu (pb wpmenu).

The = key, the default key to bring up the main menu for the bot, does that work? Can you load up a default map such as de_dust and add bots through the main menu "=", does that work? You can also try typing "pb menu" from the consule. If you answer no to all these questions, then I would guess there is a problem in you're installation of the bot.

The full version of the bot seems to be missing from the filebase here at B-U. I got it here for windows:

http://www.uk-tf.co.uk/index.php/rem...ull-Pack-V3B21

Then get the updated dll here: http://filebase.bots-united.com/inde...ct=view&id=377

Then you need metamod too, I'm not sure what the best version would be for this bot & you're counterstrike, but maybe metamod-p-1.19p32-windows.zip would be a good choice? http://metamod-p.sourceforge.net/

Or the original metamod here: http://metamod.org/

Or you could get the all in one from the filebase (10mb) and update that. That includes extra amxx stuff I can't help you with though... I would stick with a basic install without amxx if you are new to using bots. Add that stuff later if you want too... http://filebase.bots-united.com/inde...ct=view&id=222

The documentation with the bot looks very good and is the best place to start learning about it.

I'm done!

Have fun,
Madmax2

Old
  (#4)
TimDaKilla20

Default Re: How do you make waypoints for PODBOTS??? - 25-05-2012

OMG so much reading XD well anyways i can add bots using the "=" sign but i didn't try the "pb menu" yet so i'l try that. Hope it works!

Old
  (#5)
TimDaKilla20

Default Re: How do you make waypoints for PODBOTS??? - 26-05-2012

Omgomgomg tytytytyty soooooo much yayyyy it workedddd now i can play my custom map with my friends omg yeshhhhhhh tytytytytytyty!!!!!!!! (READ THIS : BTW you also have to be a spectator or it won't work) TYTYTYTYTYTY!!!!!

Last edited by TimDaKilla20; 26-05-2012 at 02:09..

Old
  (#6)
madmax2
RCbot Waypointers Group

Default Re: How do you make waypoints for PODBOTS??? - 26-05-2012

It's good to hear you got it working. BTW, whats the name of you're map, have you uploaded it to the internet someplace, yet? Anyways, have fun shooting up bots/friends...

Old
  (#7)
ClubCs
wps3b 17B

Default Re: How do you make waypoints for PODBOTS??? - 27-05-2012

You can upload your map here : http://www.17buddies.net/17b2/index.html
and i can host your waypoints

Old
  (#8)
TimDaKilla20

Default Re: How do you make waypoints for PODBOTS??? - 30-05-2012

I don't know what to name it but i will name it later and i might upload it but I don't know.

Old
  (#9)
chengwa

Default Re: How do you make waypoints for PODBOTS??? - 13-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubCs View Post
You can upload your map here : http://www.17buddies.net/17b2/index.html
and i can host your waypoints
hellow clubCs can you make a waypoints of de_quiapo_bridge2 for me? The map was already in the www.17buddies.net. Hope you can make it for me?
Thanks clubCs.

Old
  (#10)
ClubCs
wps3b 17B

Default Re: How do you make waypoints for PODBOTS??? - 13-11-2014

Asap...

Look this Week-end on wps3b