.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Forge of Digital Worlds > Waypointing > POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format
POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format Waypoints for POD-Bot mm

xRenegade waypoint requests
Old
  (#1)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Default xRenegade waypoint requests - 18-08-2010

as_forest
cs_wpndepot
cs_thunder

http://www.cfegames.com/maps.php?op=cs_wpndepot
http://www.cfegames.com/maps.php?op=cs_thunder

If you have more requests place them in a reply to this thread (don't send me a private message).

Also to check waypoint progress go to this link: Waypoint Progress (CFEGames.com)

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Re: xRenegade waypoint requests
Old
  (#2)
xRenegade

Default Re: xRenegade waypoint requests - 18-08-2010

Thanks a lot for the thread man.

After learning that the bots can indeed use the "use key" to open doors, I have a few more requests:

Each of the maps, including the ones above can be found in this pack:
http://www.fileplanet.com/111784/110...sic-Map-Pack.-

Maps I need, along with the ones mentioned in OP:

cs_hideout: Bots have been known to run into walls and get stuck in doors on this map for some reason. I downloaded plenty of waypoints for this map off the internet, no luck with finding a good one.

cs_prison (This one is tough. There is a certain door in the map which needs to be operated by a wheel. You need to actually hold the use key to open the door completely. On top of that, there is a jump that needs to be performed in order to avoid falling into a pit with no way out. If bots can still perform both of these, then a quality waypoint would be appreciated. If not, just ignore this one.)

cs_bunker

es_frantic

cs_siege_b1: (Just an older version of siege. Nothing special)

es_trinity: This map is up for question. At the CT spawn, there is a huge brick wall which blocks the way. It takes at least 3 people to simultaneously shoot at this wall to break it down. With waypoints I downloaded, they don't shoot at this wall. If the waypointer can find a way to make the bots shoot at the wall and break it, then a waypoint for the whole map would be great. If not, don't worry about it.

Also, if it matters, I am using YaPB. At least, that's what the folder in my addons is called. Not sure whether this is a more "advanced" version or not.

Thanks for the site, Ancient

edit: Just tested thunder and wpndepot. Wpndepot plays awesome with the bots and thunder couldn't be any better to be honest. Good work and thanks a lot.

Last edited by xRenegade; 18-08-2010 at 19:25..

Old
  (#3)
Ancient

Default Re: xRenegade waypoint requests - 18-08-2010

I also provide YaPB 2.55 waypoints, however, cs_prison and es_trinity sound like they are not bot friendly and I won't waypoint them.

as_forest:
http://www.cfegames.com/maps.php?op=as_forest

CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com

Old
  (#4)
xRenegade

Default Re: xRenegade waypoint requests - 19-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
I also provide YaPB 2.55 waypoints, however, cs_prison and es_trinity sound like they are not bot friendly and I won't waypoint them.

as_forest:
http://www.cfegames.com/maps.php?op=as_forest
Lol, Prison and Trinity aren't even human friendly.

Thanks again. Really excited for the other waypoints. You seem to know what you're doing when it comes to this.
I've actually been learning a little bit myself, fixing 1 or 2 nodes where bots were acting up. I hope to get it down completely soon.

edit: I've been waypointing cs_prison for a little bit. So far so good. I set a specific path so that the bots don't have to worry about turning the wheel, since there is 2 ways out. I'll be extremely proud if I finish this with little to no flaws in the end. I could use the practice.

Last edited by xRenegade; 19-08-2010 at 04:13..

Old
  (#5)
Ancient

Default Re: xRenegade waypoint requests - 20-08-2010

In order for cs_hideout to work, it must be played in Counter-strike: Condition Zero, because in the regular counter-strike, hostages are unable to climb ladders, while in condition zero they can.

The only way for the hostages to get anywhere is if they go up a ladder and there are no alternative ways to get out.

CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com

Old
  (#6)
xRenegade

Quote:
In order for cs_hideout to work, it must be played in Counter-strike: Condition Zero, because in the regular counter-strike, hostages are unable to climb ladders, while in condition zero they can.

The only way for the hostages to get anywhere is if they go up a ladder and there are no alternative ways to get out.
It's fine. This was a known problem back in the day the map was popular during the beta stages. People were convinced that the hostages were just there for decoration. I'll probably play the map on CZ as well as 1.0 (I use Zbots for 1.6).

Old
  (#7)
Ancient

I recommend using YaPB and Podbot MM together when you play.
It shows to be a challenge to have two different fighting styles from two different bots in one map.

cs_hideout is waypointed the best as I can get it, but there are a lot of features that are not going to be used by the bots.
I'll post it when there is another map done.

CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com

Old
  (#8)
xRenegade

Quote:
I recommend using YaPB and Podbot MM together when you play.
It shows to be a challenge to have two different fighting styles from two different bots in one map.

cs_hideout is waypointed the best as I can get it, but there are a lot of features that are not going to be used by the bots.
I'll post it when there is another map done.
Very good idea. Im going to need one way point for YaPB and one for PB MM, right?

And yeah, if I remember correctly, there is a door with 2 switches on each side that need to be hit simultaneously. If bots can't use some features it's perfectly ok as long as they can navigate the map and not try to noclip around everything. So many good memories on hideout. Shame that all those good beta maps had to be kicked out and never seen again.

My prison waypoint is coming along very nicely also, but I'm having some trouble setting up a path. Bots will take a few steps out of the spawn, only to return through the waypoints around the spawn, instead of following the map.

Old
  (#9)
Ancient

Default Re: xRenegade waypoint requests - 26-08-2010

Sorry for the long wait. I have most of es_frantic done, I just have to add tons of camp spots around the map.

Also, I wanted to let you know, if you find any bugs or errors, point them out and let me know, I'll update any waypoints and reupload them to the website.

Expect some waypoints tomorrow.
Again, sorry for the long wait.

CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com

Old
  (#10)
xRenegade

Default Re: xRenegade waypoint requests - 26-08-2010

Quote:
Sorry for the long wait. I have most of es_frantic done, I just have to add tons of camp spots around the map.

Also, I wanted to let you know, if you find any bugs or errors, point them out and let me know, I'll update any waypoints and reupload them to the website.

Expect some waypoints tomorrow.
Again, sorry for the long wait.
Not a problem at all.

I'll be sure to keep my eyes open about any bugs as well.

edit: I'll be away for the weekend. Just letting you know in case you post the waypoints and don't get a response from me.

Last edited by xRenegade; 27-08-2010 at 02:03..