Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > Sandbot
Sandbot A bot for Gunman Chronicles and They Hunger - by tschumann

Re: progress
Old
  (#211)
Persephone

Default Re: progress - 26-05-2020

Any progress sir?

While we're waiting for your updates, I will ask something to you.

Does the BOT have an unique way of fight which human players didn't ?

Look at this screenshot for example. When playing Opposing Force CTF mode, after round was cleared, you can save the game result and store it on ofctfstats.log inside the gearbox folder. Pay attention to the stats I've print bold.

In that custom map, there is no Rocket Launcher, Tau Cannon, Gluon Gun, or any explosive weapons. The only weapon that could deal most damage is Sniper Rifle. However, no matter how accurate I used it, I never dealt damage higher than it when I shoot it at their head (even with Accelerator Power Up which increase damage). And in some cases, even it wouldn't have killed them instantly. Look at this :

See? My highest damage was only 100. So it means I never reach damage higher than it. Imagine when BOT can deals damage more than 100 to you (even just with Desert Eagle) and you will die instantly. It's pretty annoying and I hope your Sandbot never do such a thing.

In addition, when I was playing Wizardwars with HPB_BOT, their "magic missile" seems can be "reflected" when passing above a trampoline (below the Thornplant). However, when I did the same thing, my projectile never being reflected. That's why I ask to you once again : Does BOT have an unique power which normal human don't ?

Old
  (#212)
RoboCop
vBulletin Veteran

Default Re: progress - 27-05-2020

Is that Wizard Wars 1.2.7?

vBulletin Webmaster since 2001

Old
  (#213)
Persephone

Default Re: progress - 28-05-2020

Yes, it's a Wizardwars 1.2.7

It's not the latest version though, because there is a version newer than it (1.3.0), however :

1. In 1.3.0, you have to edit listenserver.cfg inside the Wizardwars folder to make Thornplant usable in deathmatch mode (not just CTF mode). In 1.2.7, you don't need to do such a thing.

2. In 1.3.0, BOT are good at spamming satchel, but almost never used their staff for melee combat. This is sometimes give them disadvantage because some classes like Geomancer or Frostmage are great when attacking with their staff.

3. In 1.3.0, BOT never play as Dragoner and Sylvanist. Therefore, the only way to fight them is against human player.

Now back to the topic. If you know anything about BOT's unique power, please tell me. I'm just afraid if attack type dealt by the BOT is something like "Direct HP Removal" instead of "Physical Damage". And don't forget about magic missile above

Old
  (#214)
RoboCop
vBulletin Veteran

Default Re: progress - 28-05-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
Yes, it's a Wizardwars 1.2.7

It's not the latest version though, because there is a version newer than it (1.3.0), however :

1. In 1.3.0, you have to edit listenserver.cfg inside the Wizardwars folder to make Thornplant usable in deathmatch mode (not just CTF mode). In 1.2.7, you don't need to do such a thing.

2. In 1.3.0, BOT are good at spamming satchel, but almost never used their staff for melee combat. This is sometimes give them disadvantage because some classes like Geomancer or Frostmage are great when attacking with their staff.

3. In 1.3.0, BOT never play as Dragoner and Sylvanist. Therefore, the only way to fight them is against human player.

Now back to the topic. If you know anything about BOT's unique power, please tell me. I'm just afraid if attack type dealt by the BOT is something like "Direct HP Removal" instead of "Physical Damage". And don't forget about magic missile above
I've got the src code for WW 1.2.9

vBulletin Webmaster since 2001

Old
  (#215)
tschumann

Default Re: progress - 30-05-2020

Sandbot doesn't do anything special (that I know of or have seen - it is mostly HPB Bot under the hood) - I assume that the bot used one of the powerups to increase its damage?

Not sure about the deflected rocket either - sometimes I see satchels get bounced in bounce in Half Life deathmatch but again, everything should just get passed through to the game/mod .dll

The only special thing that Sandbot does is to decrease the friction of bots on one of the Opposing Force CTF flags with ice, otherwise the bots would not be able to play properly.

Progress - getting there - still need to test recent changes.

Old
  (#216)
Persephone

Default Re: progress - 05-11-2020

Now it's November and still no update yet? I'm afraid if this project has already been canceled 😰

Old
  (#217)
tschumann

Default Re: progress - 06-11-2020

No, I'm still slowly working on it - haven't had much free time lately.

Old
  (#218)
sixcentgeorgefr

Default Re: progress - 02-12-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboCop View Post
Is that Wizard Wars 1.2.7?
this mod looks cool from the screen capture..

i also like Persephone question :
Does the BOT have an unique way of fight which human players didn't ?

but i see not the idea i have in mind.. you only make "grunts" bots...

while playing opposing force is meaning playing with bots or as some monsters.. [ like alien slaves or others pitdrones...alien grunts..controllers.. ]
may be the bot system : extended to single player maps.. like with svencoop or decay or "singleplayer" could help adding more monsters according to the number of players on the server ..
if there is 2 or 4 then not bots are added , but if players are more than 10 then monsters or grunts are added... maps having monsters could also have "easy" "autocreated path by using mostly the spots where they are spawned by the map creator ..

but i came to write somthing else....
i like the ideas of bots in theyhunger .. but it is not a multiplayer.. so how that works..??
i also told you a lot of time to extend your sandpit mod to the model creation.. i had and add few ideas i had ..
the first is with my favorite mod these days.. echoes.. that is incredible for some parts.. especially the cars and trucks.. plus the use of garg ...like in pov, invasion or shl...
the end is not very cute.. when the tank goes back "for repairs" ...
instead of having it coming back as 100% new.. i imagined a new model for it ..or a new grunt if i can write so .. the robot-torchman ... it is a robot-grunt but with one arms capable of reparairing others robots or turrets using its torch or others tau canons invented by scientists..
you should make sandpit able of creating it..

i also imagined a new monster for they hunger [chapter3] that i plan to use in my giant mod.. the monster [ that sovietscoop should like and imagined.. ] is based on the tentacle claws

any ideas ???
is it zulu or vodoo ?
both : that is a giant hand skeleton coming out of the ground ,,trying to catch player and kill him...
something like that : http://www.ikonet.com/fr/ledictionna...lette/main.php

for this one sandpit is not enought for modeling it all ...but can be use to set animations "in the real map ;'] "

Old
  (#219)
tschumann

Default Re: progress - 10-12-2020

No they just play like humans (roughly).

They Hunger does have multiplayer and ships with five (I think) deathmatch maps by default.

Yeah I haven't had much time to work on Sandpit lately. I have some stuff in the works though.

Old
  (#220)
sixcentgeorgefr

Default Re: progress - 11-12-2020

do you like the giant skeleton hand ...? coming out of the ground or sides..trying to catch players..
that should look a great "SurPrise" ...for old players and that keep the style with the little hands.. may be the skeleton can be a sort of nursery / home for these little things..
and with a lot of them .. the giant hand is able of moving..slowly or not..sepending on the number of hands..

i found the theyhunger source code there : https://www.sourcemodding.com/resour...nd-sourcecode/ .

i plan to use the "leaked" files of they hungers lost soul in a remake of hl2 [ with changes in map orders.. ] in the "ravenholm /ep2 part .. that could be great if you can find or convert the models of wolfenstein idtech4 [2009 [?] ] to hl2 [ there are some at gmod ]