.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Developer's Farm > General Bot Coding
General Bot Coding See what a pain it is to get those little mechs shooting around

RC for Monster_Plugin v4
Old
  (#1)
BAStumm

Default RC for Monster_Plugin v4 - 19-11-2004

Nihilanth isn't working out as I'd like, more on that here

I've got what I have packaged up with everything minus the windows .dll file. Minor notes added to the changes.txt which basically state all half-life 1 monsters other than nihilanth included plus otis from opposing force added as a clone to barney (good for team based settings). changes also include the beggining of a team based system wherein if team is set in monster_skill.cfg the monster will attack non-team members and follow team members to assist them. This team setting thing is currently incomplete other than barney and otis being statically assigned to teams 1 and 2 respectively but the code base is there for parsing the config file. monster.cpp files would need modified to use it though.

If anyone wants to check it out feel free. I'm calling this a release candidate because I've not had a chance to test it yet. Most is tested but there are a few minor diff's from my version I run on my server (mostly pertaining to icky and custom models for some monsters) and the team config stuff was added tonight and is untested (but mostly unused so should be fine).

Download from http://bs-linux.com/monster_plugin_v4.tar.gz - source and release files are all in that package.

Re: RC for Monster_Plugin v4
Old
  (#2)
Security

Default Re: RC for Monster_Plugin v4 - 21-11-2004

Okay, I've tested the Plugin for more than 2 hours now. Barney glows blue and only attacks Team2, thats working good , but i have found some Bugs/Problems too:

1.- Barney follows all the Time - I can't stop him (say him to stay) by use Key.

2.- If there is a Monster like a Zombie or something, Barney don't shoots it, 'cause he is all busy following me and doesn't notice it. He only starts to shoot the Monster if I'm out of his sight (not easy cause hes following all the Time), or dead. If a Monster attacks me, Barney just doesn't care and don't shoots it - is still busy with following me

3.- If Barney is attacked by any Monster and I am in Sight, he shoots ME, although i didn't attack him.

4.- If Barney kills any Monster the Server crashs immediately.

5.- Couldn't get Otis and the Rat to work, 'cause the Models are not includet in your Download , tried to rename an Otis from Svencoop, but didn't work.

Some of this Points are not as important if you are running a Server with Barney/real Players but no other Monsters only of course.

Last edited by Security; 21-11-2004 at 02:11..

Old
  (#3)
Security

Here is a List of Bugs/Problems from the Monster Plugin I noticed before, if someone, or of course you Bastumm, wants to improve it, or something , but i think it's a lot of work and don't know of someone wants to do it - it's not as important at all.
It has nothing to do with this release, everything is present in Botmans original Version 3.0/the Addon which adds more Monsters too (i think).

- the Barnacle is not really useable, it spawns in front of the Player near the soil, has no death Animation and seems to does not work at all (couldn't put me up/kill me)

- Some Monsters Sounds are Missing/wrong, so the Scientist is completely quiet at all, Barney and hgrunts only play harm/death Sounds and the Garg is playing a wrong Sound (like if you plant a tripmine in HL) when stomping those Red waves to you.

- The Bloater - what the Hell is this Thing ?! Its just a Model hanging around in the Air, without any Sound, Animation and Function

- The Bigmomma has no Death Animation

- Gman tries to walk into the Players - he should at least stop when reached the Player, or be controllable like an Scientist or Barney

So far, just if someone has too much Time or likes to improve the Plugin or something

Last edited by Security; 21-11-2004 at 04:01..

Old
  (#4)
BAStumm

ah yes rat is renamed mybigrat.mdl in this version as otherwise tfc makes the rat a flag, for some reason the rat mdl in tfc is a flag ??? weird I know. Just copy bigrat.mdl from valve folder to models folder for your mod or valve models folder should work. And otis I guess you need op4 installed on server or upload an otis model I guess. I'll re-read this later on and reply on rest then, wife just said dinner was ready so ima eat

Old
  (#5)
BAStumm

for barnacle, you really should only use him via the map_monster.cfg method to spawn him, not spawning him on a player in the monster barnacle #3 method. Spawning him by the config file allows you to place him on the ceiling so he works proper. I'll look into some of the other stuff and reply later, HL2 is calling me right now

Old
  (#6)
Security

Ah, okay - the Rat works now, cute thing , but you will have to send/upload the red or Opposing Force Otis, cause i only have OP on Steam, and there I can't Access the Modelfiles etc.

Well, I wanted an red glowing Barney instead of Otis anyway, so the Players don't need to download the Model, and the white glowing neutral Barney, you know? Maybe you can include that into the next version or something
When you do it, you can rename the rat models name from mybigrat to bigrat too, maybe it don't turns into a Flag or other Things in Natural-Selection , Players wouldn't have to download the Rat Model than, cause it's in the Valve Folder already (or am I wrong?)

Btw. HL2 just rules , but it's stupid that HL1 Source isn't really Source Engine too, looks nearly like the normal HL Engine!

Last edited by Security; 21-11-2004 at 04:46..

Old
  (#7)
BAStumm

yes if the source code used bigrat.mdl stead of mybigrat.mdl then no dl would be needed for most mods, cept TFC because some idiot named a flag model as bigrat.mdl...

gfscape will allow you to open the steam cache files and extract the otis.mdl file btw. Oh and if you do decide to do the downloads method the H.I.T team has done some VERY nice reskins/remodels of the hl1 monsters including barney, otis, etc. Very worth the extra download in my opinion.

I still need to look into your bug reports and will try to do so soon. Alot are things that are non issues on my server as I dont use monster how you've been using it. I've never seen teh server crash wtih barney shooting a monster, and I really wonder why that would exist as I've not modified barneys code. ??? oh well, stuff to look into I guess.

Old
  (#8)
Security

Default Re: RC for Monster_Plugin v4 - 24-11-2004

Yeah, otherwise I would be already happy if you could just add the neutral Barney and replace the red Otis with a normal red glowing Barney, if you don't have the Time to fix the Bugs

Would be nice if you could give me a link or something to this h.i.t team, couldn't find anything about them!

Old
  (#9)
BAStumm

Default Re: RC for Monster_Plugin v4 - 25-11-2004

well with the long holiday weekend (thanksgiving) here in America I shoud find some time to work on this. And H.I.T stands for halflife improvement team, http://www.hl-improvement.com/ - some of their work will apparently be used in an upcoming sven-coop release or something.

Old
  (#10)
Security

Default Re: RC for Monster_Plugin v4 - 25-11-2004

Ah, great!