.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Developer's Farm > General Bot Coding
General Bot Coding See what a pain it is to get those little mechs shooting around

a working metamod.dll for steam
Old
  (#1)
KickBot

Default a working metamod.dll for steam - 01-04-2004

Hello.
I'm programming a bot for International Online Soccer mod (IOS) as a metamod plugin, for IOS3.0 which run under Steam. I'm using Mingw and Dev-C++ for IDE.

So of course I need metamod.dll. From what I understand the official release of metamod (1.7) doesn't work with the latest engine update and you need to recompile the sources yourself, after patching HL SDK2.3 and Metamod sources.
I applied both patches and managed to compile metamod.
To avoid possible problems with IOS I run my tests with CounterStrike instead, since I assume it's better supported and I just want to get a working metamod first before adding my bot. But when I start a CS listen server I got "Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from q4".. The official unpatched metamod.dll gives the same error, so I guess the compilation somehow failed somewhere...

So I would be gratefull if someone could:
1) Point a link where I could download a metamod.dll that is certified to run with the latest HL/steam.
or better:
2) Ideally if someone has managed to compile the patched metamod with mingw and it works fine, the sources or at least some concrete info on how he did it (makefile,dev-c++ project...). Since I guess I'll have problems for my bot dll plugin too this would be cool.

Right now I can compile and run metamod and my bot plugin for the non-steam hl for IOS2.0, but I would of course love to make it run with steam and IOS3.0. I can toy a bit with that but its not so cool to develop an obsolete bot.

Thanks!!

Re: a working metamod.dll for steam
Old
  (#2)
Onno Kreuzinger
aka: memed / Server Admin

Default Re: a working metamod.dll for steam - 01-04-2004

Hi,

for 1) look here that one works
http://realbot.bots-united.com/downloads.html

for 2) try this hlsdk+metamod patched :
http://server.bots-united.com/downlo...xample.tar.bz2

it's not tested with mingw, i lack experience in compiling in windows, but it works with gcc 2.95 and 3.2, so you might have success.

cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickBot
Hello.
I'm programming a bot for International Online Soccer mod (IOS) as a metamod plugin, for IOS3.0 which run under Steam. I'm using Mingw and Dev-C++ for IDE.

So of course I need metamod.dll. From what I understand the official release of metamod (1.7) doesn't work with the latest engine update and you need to recompile the sources yourself, after patching HL SDK2.3 and Metamod sources.
I applied both patches and managed to compile metamod.
To avoid possible problems with IOS I run my tests with CounterStrike instead, since I assume it's better supported and I just want to get a working metamod first before adding my bot. But when I start a CS listen server I got "Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from q4".. The official unpatched metamod.dll gives the same error, so I guess the compilation somehow failed somewhere...

So I would be gratefull if someone could:
1) Point a link where I could download a metamod.dll that is certified to run with the latest HL/steam.
or better:
2) Ideally if someone has managed to compile the patched metamod with mingw and it works fine, the sources or at least some concrete info on how he did it (makefile,dev-c++ project...). Since I guess I'll have problems for my bot dll plugin too this would be cool.

Right now I can compile and run metamod and my bot plugin for the non-steam hl for IOS2.0, but I would of course love to make it run with steam and IOS3.0. I can toy a bit with that but its not so cool to develop an obsolete bot.

Thanks!!

sunny morning view from my balcony:

see our WIKI!
see our filebase!

Old
  (#3)
KickBot

Thanks memed, that was very helpfull!

This metamod dll seems to work fine! The only odd thing is I had to put the metamod dll in "dlls\" instead of the usual "addons\metamod\dlls". But apart from that it works very well.

Thanks for provinding the archive also, looks full of usefull stuff!

I didn't even need to recompile my bot plugin it worked perfectly. My bots started to chase the ball like headless chickens. A little step for the bot community but uh a step. IOS doesn't make things easy for bots but I'll try to make something a bit more cool than the official ios bot.

Thanks again!

Old
  (#4)
Onno Kreuzinger
aka: memed / Server Admin

n.p. please keep us updated on any interessting progress, i'm keen to hear more about IOS with bot(s)

sunny morning view from my balcony:

see our WIKI!
see our filebase!