.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Offtopic
Offtopic Just anything. You have time to waste ? Prove it !!!

Re: Medic??
Old
  (#11)
TruB
One Eyed Freak

Default Re: Medic?? - 06-07-2006

thats what i thought..

Have been quoted [6] times

Old
  (#12)
mirv
Super Moderator

Default Re: Medic?? - 06-07-2006

I know that because of some issue surrounding the use of the red symobl, the area where first aid kits were kept at my old student housing had the cross changed to a white cross on a green background. I'm not sure of the particulars, I think it might have been the ambulance service we used weren't allowed to use it in case they were mistaken for the red cross foundation or something.

mirv the Silly Fish.

Old
  (#13)
The_Hard_Mission_Guy
This user broke our rules and has been BANNED

Default Re: Medic?? - 08-07-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=RAV=-AdrianShephard
not true. During world war two (with the exception of the eastern front) if any soldier (british, german, american, etc.) waved a red cross on a flag the battle would stop and both sides would treat the injured. There was a case in italy where british troops were attacking a german position and when they stopped to treat the injured both sides would help each other soldiers untill the enemy came to pick them up. I forgot the name of the battle, but they were interviewing german and british soldier and both of them confirmed it.
Well I personally can't conform or deny this incident in WW2 , but that was 60 years ago and Unfortunatly those times(whether that human event took place or not) are definitely over
Nowadays, The International The Red Cross is being treated like the last piece of S*** and I'm not talking about FPS games using the Emblem...

In Fullujah the Horrofic War crimes against Humanity were Un-deniable and Red Cross Cross Volunteers had turned into living cross hairs , while US Marine snipers didn't even hesitate to head-shot them!
the Same goes for the countless isrealian military operations in gaza and the west bank.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=RAV=-AdrianShephard
Today in Iraq, and Afghanastan US medics will treat injured terrorists, then improsonate them..LOL
I don't want to take this into politics any further , but I'm wondering Where the Hell do you hear this one? Did you miss the ABU-GHURAIB scandal?
OR did you mean that US medics treat prisoners to prevent them from dyeing , so that they can keep torturing them?

Last edited by The_Hard_Mission_Guy; 08-07-2006 at 13:05..

Old
  (#14)
-=RAV=-AdrianShephard
Current Status: MIA

Default Re: Medic?? - 10-07-2006

Just because a handful of soldiers do bad, doesnt mean they ALL do bad. In Faluja all the civilians were ordered out of the city, red cross had no buissness there.

US personell were attacked in iraq and afghanastan with ambulances and people dressed as emergency personell. This was confirmed on the history channel.

US medics treat prisoners cause we want the info, point is we still give them first aid.

Do you think the enemy would stop firing at our medics? No way! Alot of my famiy is serving overseas, and when the terrorists capture a foreign soldier, they torture, starve, cutt thier balls off and let them live, or behead them. So dont tell me we treat them bad, cause we dont.

Spamming RB Forums Since August 2001.

Old
  (#15)
The_Hard_Mission_Guy

Default Re: Medic?? - 11-07-2006

I see a dangerous sign of misunderstanding...
First of All:
I'm not defending nor justifying neither this nor that party in iraq or anywhere else , and history has also shown that there is NO absolute Evil or Good , but I can't remain silent when someone hails an armored force as being the hero which is allegedly fighting a horde of monstrous demons , so the conclusion is that you can't say that the US army is bad , but you surely can't call them angels neither!

Second thing :
before we drift into the endless abyss of the offtopic , let's get back to the original issue!
Where is it justified to use The Red Cross Emblem in Games(from my point of View)??
1)It's justified to use it to denote , neutral forms of medic , E.x health packages in half-life deathmatch.
2)Un-justified when it denotes party-affiliated medic units , E.x the medic soldier in Team Fortress Classic.

Why?(again from my point of View) because health packages are accessible to every player in the game , while the medic soldier only "heals" his own team
....any questions?

Old
  (#16)
mirv
Super Moderator

Default Re: Medic?? - 11-07-2006

The world wars were different to today's terrorist fights. The both sides in the World Wars (for the most part) observed various conventions of war (exceptions were, unfortunately, also present). The men and women fighting weren't generally speaking fanatics, but decent people, and fought because their country called them to, not because they hated the enemey.
Various actions (World War I had cease fires during Christmas, both sides got together, some played footy, had dinners in middle of the battlefied, etc). How does this go on-topic? Well, I'm actually against medics in games carrying weapons, not so much on a game-play perspective, but as a matter of respect. I've no idea how armed forces are today (I could find out easy enough), but it used to be that chaplains and medics were unarmed. So I agree in that a red cross emblem should be used in a more neutral fashion - I read the article and actually agree that the use of the symbol in games may lead to misconceptions about the ideals of the Red Cross, and can understand why they wouldn't want it used.
That's my second lot of 2c anyway!

mirv the Silly Fish.

Old
  (#17)
-=RAV=-AdrianShephard
Current Status: MIA

Default Re: Medic?? - 12-07-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Hard_Mission_Guy
I see a dangerous sign of misunderstanding...
First of All:
I'm not defending nor justifying neither this nor that party in iraq or anywhere else , and history has also shown that there is NO absolute Evil or Good , but I can't remain silent when someone hails an armored force as being the hero which is allegedly fighting a horde of monstrous demons , so the conclusion is that you can't say that the US army is bad , but you surely can't call them angels neither!

Second thing :
before we drift into the endless abyss of the offtopic , let's get back to the original issue!
Where is it justified to use The Red Cross Emblem in Games(from my point of View)??
1)It's justified to use it to denote , neutral forms of medic , E.x health packages in half-life deathmatch.
2)Un-justified when it denotes party-affiliated medic units , E.x the medic soldier in Team Fortress Classic.

Why?(again from my point of View) because health packages are accessible to every player in the game , while the medic soldier only "heals" his own team
....any questions?
alright, back ontopic then

Spamming RB Forums Since August 2001.

Old
  (#18)
TruB
One Eyed Freak

Default Re: Medic?? - 13-07-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Hard_Mission_Guy
....any questions?
agreed.. andi think thats one thing and what mirv said.. medics shouldnt be armed when theya are real medics.

quistion.. how would games do to relate to a medic then? make it green? create a different logo that in the game represent what the red cross do today.

Have been quoted [6] times

Old
  (#19)
The_Hard_Mission_Guy

Default Re: Medic?? - 13-07-2006

I think using a green cross for party affliated medic would be a good solution!

Old
  (#20)
Brainz

Default Re: Medic?? - 14-07-2006

Alternativemy, do what a number of armys do, and use a different symbol entirely: