.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

disable certain bots from joining?
Old
  (#1)
signofzeta

Default disable certain bots from joining? - 10-02-2007

Is there any way to do that? I want to disable all bots with FG42 from joining the game. I also want to know if it is possible to change all FG42 users to Sten users.

It is kind of tedius to /kick fg42bot1, /kick fg42bot2, etc.

Re: disable certain bots from joining?
Old
  (#2)
Maleficus

Default Re: disable certain bots from joining? - 10-02-2007

No, there isn't atm. However, you can define which bots you DO want to join, by setting it up in a <mapname>_bots.cfg. That way, you get only the bots you want to join the server. Look in the "configs" folder and look for the one that matches the mapname, then just replace the bots that will spawn with the fg42 with one that wont.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#3)
signofzeta

Do any of the default bots hold stens? Or do I have to make them myself.

If I can't replace FG42 bots with sten bots, then can I just "delete" the section of text that codes for the FG42 bots?

Will this work, or will it say "missing bot" because it is still searching for that FG42 bot I deleted?

Is there a master list where if I want to addbot, there will be a zero percent chance that it picks soldiers with fg42?

Last edited by signofzeta; 10-02-2007 at 02:04..

Old
  (#4)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Are you talking about RTCW or ET Fritzbot versions? There are a few difference in ways to go about this.
The list of built in bots for Fritzbot ET is in the docs directory \docs\et_botindex.txt. These are the bots that you can use and that the random keyword in a .bots file supports. You can also define your own bots by writing your own .bot files, but "random' will not pick these. The Fritzbot ET wiki has more info.
For RTCW you should read the tail end of the tutorial. The RTCW bots are listed in the Fritzbot wiki.
---
I assume you mean RTCW
Yes you could modify the cfg file inside the fritzbot .pk3 files, but that will mean when playing on line you will be re-downloading all the time and you will have to do it again to any new map packs. Hacking the dll would not be adviseable if that is what you mean by text, only editting the packed <mapname_bots.cfg should be considered.

Last edited by TomTom; 10-02-2007 at 02:41..

Old
  (#5)
signofzeta

Ya I meant RTCW, but the problem with your suggestion is that whenever I want to add more random bots, I have a percent chance that FG42 guy comes in. How do I randomize the bots and not have a fg42 bot. Is there a bot configuration where I can change some fg42 soldier to sten soldiers?

I also want to change some mp40/thompson lieutenants to sten lieutenants.

Old
  (#6)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

I can think of no way to use random as you would without hacking out the dll, and I don't recommend it. However if you have a few specific bot teams that you prefer you can set up a bind key cycle (similar to a map cycle). That way you can have a limited "pseudo-random" team.
SETUP:
First you need to create a number of cfg files containing the specific (no random) addbot commands for the different pairs of teams. Give these files simple file names like bots_no_fg42.cfg, bots_all_stens.cfg etc. These files then go in the same directory for generic cfg files in RTCW (sorry I don't play the RTCW version so I don't have the exact directory names memorized.).

Next you need to create a number of vstrings roughly of the form;
Code:
set <vstr_id> "pause;kick allbots;exec <cfg_file>;unpause;bind <key> vstr <vstr_id2>"
Where <vstr_id>, <vstr_id2>... are the names for the variable strings e.g. b1, b2... or maybe b1nofg42, b2allsten... etc.

And where <cfg_file> is a filename.cfg for one of the files containing the addbot commands. (the .cfg extension is required).

And where <key> is the key on the keyboard you choose to use to trigger the change in team makeup.

NOTE: The last vstr definition must bind the key to the first vstr_id.

You should put these set vstr definitions either in a separate cfg file or directly in one of the existing cfg files that are run when you play RTCW. (default.cfg etc). If you use a separate file then you can "exec" it from the command line or from inside default.cfg (or server.cfg) accordingly.

USAGE:

Load the map and pause the bots. Then hit the bound key once or twice and wait for the new bots to finish joining. Then unpause the bots and frag away.

This concept is a lot to put in a post so I could write up a wiki article with example cfg files if you are interested.

Old
  (#7)
signofzeta

Default Re: disable certain bots from joining? - 11-02-2007

how do I kick certain bots? I tried to kick ben hyden and it says ben is not on the server, or hyden is not on the server, or ben_hyden is not on the server and ben hyden does not work at all.