.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > GrogBot
GrogBot A bot for Pirates, Vikings and Knights by Akz Pirates, Vikings and Knights

PVK crashed before loading the game
Old
  (#1)
Zeta

Default PVK crashed before loading the game - 16-03-2005

Ok when I used Grogbot v1.1, PVK crashed even before loading the game (after selecting the maps and click create). Not only that, I also found out that PVK also crashed when using GrogBot v1.0.

I used to play with Grogbot normally without any problems. But it seems that I did something wrong here but I don't know what it is. Also when I use the install.bat thing, it says that syntax is incorrect. Anyone knows what this means?

Re: PVK crashed before loading the game
Old
  (#2)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: PVK crashed before loading the game - 16-03-2005

One of your DLLs must be outdated. There is a patch in the filebase to make metamod compatible with PVK, if you're using metamod. I think someone should make a true all-in-one installer for Grogbot...

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#3)
Akz
Creator of GrogBot

Default Re: PVK crashed before loading the game - 16-03-2005

I'd suggest you to reinstall pvk beta 2.31. Get it from http://www.pvkii.com if you don't have it for some reason. It comes with grogbot 1.0 preinstalled. Then, to use 1.1 on pvk 2.31, modify the "gamedll" section of your liblist.gam, which should be located in the pvk directory, to this:
Code:
gamedll addons/metamod/dlls/metamod.dll
Then follow the metamod version installation instructions in the readme.txt.

And PMB, the latest metamod officially supports pvk already (1.17.2 and up)

GrogBot - A bot for Pirates, Vikings and Knights HL modification.

http://grogbot.bots-united.com

Old
  (#4)
Zeta

Default Re: PVK crashed before loading the game - 17-03-2005

So does this means that I have to use Metamod in order to play with the bots? And yea I think there's something wrong with the DLLs but I don't use Metamod. When I changed it to the default DLLs (the hl.dll), PVK works fine. But when I use the grogbot dll, it crashed.

EDIT: GrogBot v1.1a works fine now with PVK 2.1. It's becasue I use Metamod. It seems that it only works only if you're using Metamod. But one problem though, when I use the grogbot_commandmenu to order the bots around, they only reply back by saying those 'Affirmative' or something similar. They didn't do what I told them to do.

For example, in pvk_castle, I order one of the bot to follow me, he only replied "I'll follow you till death" but it didn't follow me. It just stand there at the tower camping. This also happened when I order all the bots to do something. They just replied back without doing it.

Is it becasue you have to make them into your squad first then gives them the order?

Last edited by Zeta; 17-03-2005 at 14:48..

Old
  (#5)
Akz
Creator of GrogBot

Default Re: PVK crashed before loading the game - 17-03-2005

Goddamn, you're right. The non-metamod version isn't working. This is what happens when you try to rush a release. Seems like I've still have to make another patch, which won't be released before it's thoroughly tested by both windows/linux users. Once again it's time to get back to the old and messy GrogBot code, which is a pain to work with...

Old
  (#6)
Zeta

Default Re: PVK crashed before loading the game - 18-03-2005

So the dll is not working, not only for 1.1 but also for 1.0. v0.9 works fine though. By the way, do you know anything about why the bots didn't follow or rush or defend when you ordered them to? I know this is the first follow, rush, defend features into this bot. Read my above post for more detailed problems.

Old
  (#7)
Akz
Creator of GrogBot

No, 1.0 should work just fine. If you tried installing 1.0 over 1.1, the dlls didn't get replaced. Delete the GrogBot folder first before trying to install it. I'm not sure why the commands wouldn't work. They work fine for me. Have you tried the commands more than once? And Ailean, I found out what's causing the buggy movement problem. I'll fix it and compile a new linux dll asap.

Old
  (#8)
Zeta

I installed v1.1 over v1.0 with Metamod and it works fine. I don't know, maybe 1.0 works fine too. I'll try to mess around with the bot command and see what will be the results. The bot only obey me once when I ordered them to follow me. Other times, they just replied without doing what I ordered them to.

Are there specific ways to make them obey the command like facing them while giving the orders or face at the direction you want the bot to rush. It seems weird because if you ordered them to rush, where would they go? Is it to the enemy base (which I assume it iis) or somewhere else?

I also found another small problem. It seems that when you used the addbot command manually to add specific bot with specific name, the bot didn't join the team that you expect them to be.

Say for example, addbot 3 3 Joe 90, this should add an archer to the knight's team with the name Joe and skill 90 right? But this isn't the case. The name and skill works the way it should be but not the team and class. They join different teams.

Sorry this is a long post but I like this bot and want to help it to be a better bot .

Last edited by Zeta; 18-03-2005 at 10:20..

Old
  (#9)
Ailean

Oh... I forget about GB for a few days, and look what happens ... more bugs ...

Having to dig trough ugly, old code... sucks!

Old
  (#10)
Akz
Creator of GrogBot

Seems like the addbot command isn't adding the bot to the right team if the name/skill is specified. In other words, addbot 3 3 works, but addbot 3 3 Akz 100 doesn't. Another bug to fix in 1.2.

The rush command only makes them to ignore enemies that are far away until they reach their goal (chest, base, whatever).

Oh, I'll add you both to the thanks list in the readme of the upcoming release. I really appreciate your help in this.

Last edited by Akz; 18-03-2005 at 14:04..