.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Panzer Camps -Do they work?
Old
  (#1)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Panzer Camps -Do they work? - 05-07-2006

Ok the tutorial for RTCW said they were buggy, what is the current opinion for 0.70 ET?
Does anybody know what the radius/max distance to aim action for the panzer solders on a camp should be?
thx

Re: Panzer Camps -Do they work?
Old
  (#2)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: Panzer Camps -Do they work? - 05-07-2006

Panzer camps work fine in rtcw and et. The tutorial needs updated I guess.

For the radius I usually make it 30. If it's too big, I believe that more than one bot may occupy the same camp action. I'm not quite sure of the max before that happens, but it might be 45.

I don't think there is a limit to the distance of an aim action from the camp action.

Old
  (#3)
TomTom

I'll keep trying, but so far I have only seen one panzer look like he was using one of my 5 added camps and he wouldn't shoot at me when I was at one of his two aim actions. I even fired at him to get his attention, but he shortly there after moved off the camp. The only time I get panzered is when a free roaming soldier is immediately below the tower I am in.

Old
  (#4)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

did you set the bot_sightDist in the aiscript?

Old
  (#5)
TomTom

Default Re: Panzer Camps -Do they work? - 06-07-2006

Actually you set it to 2500 (i am using fueldump initially before I consider using in other maps). I think 2500 is likely ok but I could go 3000 JIC.
My question is how much does lower xp derate this value? the first 3 camps are early on the map and the other 3 are in the middle outside the tunnels.

Old
  (#6)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: Panzer Camps -Do they work? - 06-07-2006

bot_SightDist is used for setting the max sight for the highest level bots, so lower bot_skill's will reduce it.

I'd have to look at the nav's you are using to be able to see what's going on with them. You can post them here if you want me to troubleshoot them.

Old
  (#7)
TomTom

Default Re: Panzer Camps -Do they work? - 07-07-2006

Actually the map I am wapointing from scratch is ok, so I'll take another look at fueldump to make sure that something else isn't interfering, (route, others camps etc.) Thanks for the offer anyway.

Old
  (#8)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom
Ok the tutorial for RTCW said they were buggy, what is the current opinion for 0.70 ET?
Does anybody know what the radius/max distance to aim action for the panzer solders on a camp should be?
thx
Crapshoot is right, they work fine now but back when i typed the tutorial they were kind of buggy but since then mal fixed the bugs for panzer camps some time ago. AFAIK, there is no distance limitation between a camp action and an aim action. For radius, i make camp actions radiuses 20 or 25, that way they camp exactly where the action is placed. If the radius is too big, they'll camp near the edge of the camp action's radius and hence it could expose them more than you want them to.

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.

Old
  (#9)
Maleficus

There is no dist limit - but after a certain dist, its kind of pointless, as well as making it harder to see when debugging

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#10)
TomTom

Default Re: Panzer Camps -Do they work? - 08-07-2006

Further testing at the beginning of Fueldump from 0 xp showed that I would need to set bot_SightDist between 3500 and 5000 in order to get the soldiers to panzer the tower. (3500 from the river and 5000 fom camps behind the tank). And one normal human panzer camp would likely need more distance still. I'm not comfortable with that much global increase in bot sight. So I guess Franks comment about FieldOPs in the tower dominating won't get fixed by me adding some bot panzer camps.

Maleficus
If I had my choice I would code it so a panzer camp increased the distance that a soldier would fire over (like 25%+) with a decrease in accuracy for distances beyond the normal bot_SightDist. Of course Ideally panzers should never have been given the unreal infinite range and pure rectilinear action that ET's creators defined. But how many of us have refused to use that unreal advantage?