.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

A few problems...making a campaign and map things...and an idea
Old
  (#1)
The_Rainman

Default A few problems...making a campaign and map things...and an idea - 17-06-2006

I have just started using the Fritz bots and wanted to make a campaign with all the maps in there...so i edited an old capaign to make:

{
name "Fritz Complete Campaign"
shortname "cmpgn_fritzcomplete"
description "1948. The Axis High Command has ordered a strategic withdrawal from the 'remote and ultimately insignificant' North African theatre and their forces are busy fortifying the Atlantic coastline in expectation of Allied raids and an eventual invasion.**The Allies have much work to do before they can hope to mount a successful invasion attempt and must gain expertise in both beach and parachute landings. Clearly, the next phase of conflict will be critical."
maps "oasis;braundorf_b4;et_beach;radar;stalingrad;et_i ce;rommel_final;sw_el_kef;v2base_te;townsquare;mp_ beach"
mapTC 374 374
type "wolfmp"
}

and it worked for the first map...though i couldn't go 'next map' and after i set the time to 1 minute...the game finished and the campaign map skipped to sw_el_klef map and all the other maps that were on the campaign menu disappered, as if the campaign had ended and just went stirght to another one.

The other thing on the maps was that i got the map rommel_final.pk3 not rommel_final_1103 (or whatever that one was) and also I got the waypint for the map mp_beach and thus i downloaded the map mp_beach. One more thing on the maps...with oasis, could you guys possibly make the bots go through the tunnel and over the top of that center bunker etc...at the start and after they have take captured the spawn.

---------------------

also the idea that i had was on the aiming...if it were possible that you could make the bots so that they kind of miss you as in there accuarcy stays around 33% instead of like 70-90ish and as they aiming skill gets higher, they start to aim firther for the head as well as increasing accuracy.

Best regaurds, The_RainMan (Ryan)

Re: A few problems...making a campaign and map things...and an idea
Old
  (#2)
Maleficus

Default Re: A few problems...making a campaign and map things...and an idea - 17-06-2006

Aiming has been adjusted in the next version.

Oasis has already been improved greatly in the next version.

For maps and waypoints: be sure you get the exact map that was waypointed. I know it gets frustrating, but some mappers have a 3 or more different versions of the same map floating around, each with differences enough to break the bot's nav files. Usually the waypointer will list in the readme which version they waypointed, and where to get it, or check the FAQ at the top of this forum.

Cheers!

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#3)
420Blunt

Default Re: A few problems...making a campaign and map things...and an idea - 17-06-2006

You can only have 10 maps in a campaign. ET_Beach and MP_Beach are the same map just take one of those maps out of the campaign and it should work for you.

Old
  (#4)
The_Rainman

Default Re: A few problems...making a campaign and map things...and an idea - 18-06-2006

Yeah, it works fine now, I just can't do the vote 'next map' :\ and i can't get rommel_final and v2base_te to work, other than that it works great (v2base_te and rommel_final...the map loads but they bots can't use the waypoints for some reason :\...any ideas? but hey, it works sweet as so far...can't wait for the update

Old
  (#5)
Nova2001

Default Re: A few problems...making a campaign and map things...and an idea - 19-06-2006

Wow, no kidding? I've only been able to get campaigns to work with less than six maps in a cycle (five or less). Ten would be... much more. I must have screwed something up somewhere along the line - time for a clean install.