.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Re: Fritz Phase Three Progress Report
Old
  (#11)
Maleficus

Default Re: Fritz Phase Three Progress Report - 08-01-2005

More progress:

Have been expanding on the class specific goals today. I'm working to get every classes possible goal(s) done.

EX: the ENG bots have always understood they can plant/defuse dynamite, but now they're starting to also understand their ability to fix items in the world (mg42s, etc). Now, when a teammate ENG sees a mg42 that is broken, he may go over and fix it. This is ONLY for a mg42 the team would use tho! You will never see an allied ENG fix the MG42s in the bunker on BEACH, since obviously allies would never use it.

This solved the problem that Fritz has had on beach where if you were allies and broke both mg42 in the bunkers, the axis engs would just stand around in the bunker, shooting you with SMG instead of getting the MG42s back up.

Engs may now also respond to "Need an Eng!". They won't fix anything they can't see, but if you call for an eng, and the area you are calling from has something that needs to be planted/defused/fixed, an eng may decide to answer your call and come right away. It has to make sense tho - they're smart enough to ignore someone just spamming "need an eng" for fun!

They also are beginning to intelligently defuse enemy dynamite. This is something thats been broken for a while - they never really understood the importance of defusing, or how/when to do it. Now they do. They also understand when they simply won't be able to reach the dynamite in time.

I'm going to be working on more class specific goals over the next week or so, so more news to come.......

Dum Spiro Spero

Re: Fritz Phase Three Progress Report
Old
  (#12)
Maleficus

Default Re: Fritz Phase Three Progress Report - 25-01-2005

Work has been slow the last week, but progress has been made, mostly in getting the bots to play intelligently on beach and obj maps in general.

Right now, I'd say they play fair to OK. They have no problems prioritising their goals (you will never see a bot wandering around on the beach like its lost!), and they react to your getting the documents. They'll even try to defuse the dynamite if they can.

Yesterday, I had two axis soldiers jump over the bunker and kill me after I planted, which was long enough for their eng to defuse my dynamite - it was something to see.

There is still some serious issues and bugs I'm working on, as well as a few secret features that need implemented/fixed (I'm hoping to get them done soon and let you all be surprised when you first see it!).

Also, I need to get the code that lets them pick alternate routes to the radio working. Right now, its always the short route thats taken (its a bit too predictable).

So - I have a long ways to go yet, but I'm still hopeful for a release in the next 2 weeks.

btw: word of advice - beware axis bots with the panzer who like to camp! They can really be asses when they shoot panzers into the bunker just as you spawn in! I figure if humans can spawn rape, so should bots!

Dum Spiro Spero

Last edited by Maleficus; 25-01-2005 at 10:43..