.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > HPB_bot
HPB_bot The trusty good ole mechs by botman HLDMTFCOpposing ForceDMCFront Line Force

Running HPB BOT under XP
Old
  (#1)
jankjank

Default Running HPB BOT under XP - 23-01-2004

I just got windows XP SR1, I tried installing HPB bot and it says it won't install it. Is HPB bot made to run under winXP? If so how do I install it under. if not Is there Any bots avaible for half-life that can run under winXP.Any info is appreciated.

Re: Running HPB BOT under XP
Old
  (#2)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: Running HPB BOT under XP - 23-01-2004

You must extract the HPB_bot package in your Half-Life (or Counter-Strike Retail) base directory. For example, if Half-Life is installed in C:\Games\Shooters\Half-Life, you must extract the HPB_bot package so that it creates the directory C:\Games\Shooters\Half-Life\HPB_bot. Then, open the subdirectory in the new HPB_bot directory concerning the MOD you want to install the HPB_bot for, and you run the install.bat script in it. For example, let's say you want to install the HPB_bot for the mod Opposing Force by Gearbox Software. Assuming that you have Opposing Force installed on your machine, and that you have metamod installed and running for Opposing Force as well, you go to C:\Games\Shooters\Half-Life\HPB_bot\gearbox, and you run the "install.bat" script in it. The install script will check for Opposing Force, then it will check for metamod, and if it finds both are installed, it will install the HPB_bot for Opposing Force. If there's a problem with your Opposing Force install (or your metamod setup), the install script will tell you so.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#3)
botman
Super Moderator

Default Re: Running HPB BOT under XP - 23-01-2004

In Windows Explorer, Select "Tools", then "Folder Options". Under the "View" tab, uncheck the "Hide extensions for known file types", then click "OK".

When you browse into any of the folders inside the HPB_bot folder, you should now see 2 INSTALL files (one will be .bat and the other won't have an extension), double click on the install.bat file and it should now work.

botman

Last edited by botman; 23-01-2004 at 15:48..

Old
  (#4)
jankjank

Default Re: Running HPB BOT under XP - 24-01-2004

Thanks pierre and botman, I thought I missed a step. Thanks for the clarification. "I now see the light or bots"!