.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > E[POD]bot
E[POD]bot Evil mutants tamed out of POD-bot by The Storm and Markus Heiden Counter-Strike

Too many BOTs
Old
  (#1)
osensei

Default Too many BOTs - 04-09-2005

Well I had the issue of bots spectating only. To fix it I downloaded E[POD]Bot v5. Now the BOTS join teams but the fill the server completely no matter what minbots and maxbots is set to.

I understand the v5 is a metamod plugin now, but so far I just use them in my listen server. Naturally, I don't have metamod on my listen server so I just used the liblist that came with the bot to load the dll. Is this the proper procedure for E[POD] on listen server still.

There is also a titles.txt file. I have no idea where this file goes or if it is important. For now it resides in my ctrike folder.

Plz Help

Re: Too many BOTs
Old
  (#2)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

Default Re: Too many BOTs - 04-09-2005

You can use the bots in both ways as metamod and non-metamod dll. You can kick the bots from the bot menu (turn it on with "p" or "=").

Old
  (#3)
osensei

Default Re: Too many BOTs - 06-09-2005

Sorry cannot do that. I'm using the bot on a ded server with mean admin mod. The amdin mod is in control of how many bots to add or drop with the m_autobalancebots command. If I kick em autobalance puts em back in. The problem is that the autobalance command in mean seem to be getting ignored. Therefore, bots completely fill the server no matter what the setting.

U guyz really need to think about collaborating better. U should be aware that many of ur users are using ur bot on dedicated servers in conjuction with other admin mods.

Thanks
Osensei

Old
  (#4)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Too many BOTs - 07-09-2005

It's probably because since new version of epodbot teh syntax of command has been chnaged for DS (epb prefix). meAn uses still od syntax - need ask botmeister to update it.
@ THE_STORM - can You speak about it with botmeister?

Old
  (#5)
The Storm

Default Re: Too many BOTs - 07-09-2005

After I finish version 5.1 that will use the epb frefix too in listen server not only in dedicted. After that I will talk with botmeister.

Duse your bot in unusable
Old
  (#6)
osensei

Default Duse your bot in unusable - 13-10-2005

People have been complaining about the same issue for almost 3 months now. I know I posted my complaint about that many months ago. No one has given us a satisfactory answer. You keep telling people that maybe their bot isn't installed properly.

Well the bot is working but incorrectly! Its dll is referenced in plugins.ini for v5b like you said. The bot fills the server completely with bots. No humans can play on the server. Your bot is ignoring the setting in the epbcongfig. It unconditionally fills the server completely with bots. The bot is no longer controllable with Mean ADMIN MOD.

I'm afraid that this renders your bot useless.

Old
  (#7)
The Storm

Default Re: Too many BOTs - 13-10-2005

In the new version I will try to put a autokicking function for the bots. If you want to stop the "auto adding bot" function.
Open EPB.cfg file and find the "autofill" command and put it off. It must be like this:
Code:
autofill off
Now you can manual add bots from the DS console.

If you don't like this way you can try many other very good CS bots that already have this function. Just check the forums.

Last edited by The Storm; 13-10-2005 at 22:25..

Old
  (#8)
osensei

Default Re: Too many BOTs - 14-10-2005

As a software developer, I can't understand why you would need a function to kick something that is not supposed to exist in the first place. If the minbots = 1 and the maxbots = 8 then no more than 8 bots should be created. So then why is the bot mod creating 24? Your approach to solving the problem is like creating a trap to catch flying mice.

Why even have maxbots and minbots, if the bot is going to ignore the setting and do what it wants? Why have an option to enable autofill if you have to disable it for the bot to work? LOL! !

This is a failure of regression testing in the software development process. Stated simply you have lost fuctionality that existed in previous versions of the software. This loss of functionality cancels outs any gains in functionality in other areas. More over, the functionality that was lost is basic.

Mean Admin Mod is not the blame on this one. I've tested the bot and it fails when the epb.dll is loaded standalone.

Creating a function to kick excess bots just seems to be a bandaid approach to the problem. Rather than creating a function that corrects the problem, why not just prevent the problem from occuring in the first place? Make the bot obey the maxbot and minbot setting as it did in the previous version.

Old
  (#9)
The Storm

Default Re: Too many BOTs - 14-10-2005

The problem with max and min bots is not caused by me! The autofull function is not created by me. I beleve that you know the old coder of EPB - LightNinja. I have other project now. I can't spare all the time in coding of EPB. If you don't like it the move on to other bot. When the functionality that you want come to EPB you can try it again.

Old
  (#10)
preztoo

Default Re: Too many BOTs - 31-10-2005

deleted

Last edited by preztoo; 31-10-2005 at 05:59..